The coronavirus and the sfa

MacBoyd

General consensus on here (with maybe one or two dissensenting voices...)  is that the current season should be null and voided. I agree, but don't really know what the consequences of that would be in terms of European places etc.

However, I think there is a realisation that the powers that be are going do to everything they can to gift them the title.  In that circumstance  the majority of posters  would expect the club to take some form of action, be it going to court  / CAS or the like. Indeed the club has already stated that it would take some action. 

My (genuine) question is- what actually does that action look like?  I think we would have to show that we were in some way  ( financially) disadvantaged by that compared to the null and void option to even get to a civil hearing, much less win one. Am I missing something?

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Bristoe1872 said:

Btw did anyone hear Spew Heevins the other night begging for the SC to be completed so the filth can be the first club to win four consecutive SC's? We have to realise what we are up against in this cess pit and fight back in the same manner. 

speccy nasally challenged nuremburg shug is one of the biggest bhigots you ever had the misfortune to assault your hearing.
Let's hope this rancid wee fenian bastards bubble is burst soon. 

Scottish Rugby Union declare null and void ,all results including promotion and relegation places that had already been settled have been expunged. 

Everyone treated the same as it’s an incomplete season. Well done the S.R.U for having the balls to do the right thing. 👏👏👏https://www.theoffsideline.com/scottish-2019-20-club-season-declared-null-and-void-by-the-sru/

3 hours ago, The Dude said:

All this stuff about wartime titles, you know they weren't national competitions? Aberdeen won the North Eastern League at the same time, should we also count their titles?

Get yourself to fuck ya fucking weirdo 

53 minutes ago, scottyscott1963 said:

speccy nasally challenged nuremburg shug is one of the biggest bhigots you ever had the misfortune to assault your hearing.
Let's hope this rancid wee fenian bastards bubble is burst soon. 

Another one that the Covid is just waiting for hopefully. 

23 minutes ago, chris182 said:

Wrong sport but I see the SRU have declared their seasons null and void

The sport is irrelevant.  Whether football, rugby, basketball, ice hockey or tidily winks, the point is sporting integrity. Well done SRU.

5 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Going by most of the tackles on Rangers players this year the same rules as well. 

Aye, there were a good few of those and precious few bookings for the players committing the fouls!

2 hours ago, Ladytonbear said:

General consensus on here (with maybe one or two dissensenting voices...)  is that the current season should be null and voided. I agree, but don't really know what the consequences of that would be in terms of European places etc.

However, I think there is a realisation that the powers that be are going do to everything they can to gift them the title.  In that circumstance  the majority of posters  would expect the club to take some form of action, be it going to court  / CAS or the like. Indeed the club has already stated that it would take some action. 

My (genuine) question is- what actually does that action look like?  I think we would have to show that we were in some way  ( financially) disadvantaged by that compared to the null and void option to even get to a civil hearing, much less win one. Am I missing something?

Spain voided last week I’m sure ,plus there is no guarantee of European football next year ,would be very surprised if they didn’t have to change the formats if there were any tournaments,the whole of Europe will need to be virus free for normal competition to start 

3 hours ago, bluenoz said:

Big meeting tomorrow with all 55 member associations will hopefully provide some clarity.

We’ll get a timeline for the CL or it will be binned same with EL.

No decisions on individual FAs will be made IMO.

6 hours ago, tannerall said:

Can't we just settle this by playing all the currently remaining games behind closed doors with the players keeping 2 metres from each other throughout the game ?

Like the majority of defences , especially Aberdeen's against the mhanky mob

Just saw the scottish rugby thingy have made their league null and void with no relegation nor promotion.

I understand approx half the league voted for that with around 25% voting for positions to stand as final.

Some people in sport are looking at the bigger picture here and rightfully so.

1 hour ago, Bearsden bear said:

Just saw the scottish rugby thingy have made their league null and void with no relegation nor promotion.

I understand approx half the league voted for that with around 25% voting for positions to stand as final.

Some people in sport are looking at the bigger picture here and rightfully so.

The dude hates this

Archived