The coronavirus and the sfa

MacBoyd

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

I can’t see how the championship league will get the required 75%.  Only one team benefits, there’s one team getting relegated that will  vote against and teams that was going for the now dud extra promotional place would probably vote against. This is why Rangers must put a stop to league reconstruction which they’ve added in as a carrot for these clubs. 
The premier league will probably only have two voting against it whilst we need one more, giving it the 75%.  

Not sure how this works but surely they need a round the board agreement with all football leagues agreeing. 

I have not been following the numbers very well, but does it not need 4 to note it down in a 9-3 situation. Sorry if I have got that completely wrong, my brain is fried with all this pish.  😬

1 minute ago, Bears r us said:

I have not been following the numbers very well, but does it not need 4 to note it down in a 9-3 situation. Sorry if I have got that completely wrong, my brain is fried with all this pish.  😬

I would think it does mate, 9 voting in favour would give The Scum the required 75% in our division at least.

5 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

With help from dude, he’s confirmed that it’s 75% for prem league, 75% for championship and 75% for the other two leagues. All 3 leagues must be in agreement or the vote is dud.

If Rangers emphasises  that league reconstruction isn’t happening then no way will the championship clubs vote for it, teams will lose a chance of a premier league position and another team will be relegated. It only suits one team. 

1 minute ago, Paisley Blue Loyal said:

I would think it does mate, 9 voting in favour would give The Scum the required 75% in our division at least.

:thumbup:

Just now, Howsitgoing said:

With help from dude, he’s confirmed that it’s 75% for prem league, 75% for championship and 75% for the other two leagues. All 3 leagues must be in agreement or the vote is dud.

If Rangers empathises that league reconstruction isn’t happening then no way will the championship clubs vote for it, teams will lose a chance of a premier league position and another team will be relegated. It only suits one team. 

:thumbup:

I wonder why leagues 1 and 2 have been banded together?  If I was a cynic, I would say that the reason is  league 1 teams (if voting as one)  would reject it because they have 5 teams within 8 points of the top of the table, with 8 games left to play. In other words, 4 unhappy clubs denied a chance of automatic promotion, plus another automatically being relegated! Good ol' SPFL.

7 minutes ago, fergiebubs said:

I wonder why leagues 1 and 2 have been banded together?  If I was a cynic, I would say that the reason is  league 1 teams (if voting as one)  would reject it because they have 5 teams within 8 points of the top of the table, with 8 games left to play. In other words, 4 unhappy clubs denied a chance of automatic promotion, plus another automatically being relegated! Good ol' SPFL.

I would love to see that explained too 👍

1 minute ago, the cry was no said:

So if Thistle, Dundee and ICT vote against in Championship the whole thing collapses?

In that case I think it's fucked

Yes. I dont see Dundee and Caley voting against it. There's still not going to be any playoffs if they do vote against it. 

20 minutes ago, fergiebubs said:

They've been that way since the formation of the SPFL in 2013. Leagues one and Two have always had a single representative at board level and are banded together as such. Someone at the SPFL must have had a helluva lecky guess to come up with those rules seven years in advance of this. 

19 minutes ago, fergiebubs said:

It's from the Articles of Association. It is the rules, not just decided for this vote.

I'd assume it done deliberately to impact on bottom 2 leagues having the chance to veto issues affecting the full league quite so easily. Less chance of them alone voting against and torpedoing proposals 

14 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Yes. I dont see Dundee and Caley voting against it. There's still not going to be any playoffs if they do vote against it. 

They can both catch DUtd ? As can Ayr

United have taken 7 points from 21 in their last 7 games and Dundee in particular are on a run.

Don't see their fans being impressed if they vote for this

Archived