The coronavirus and the sfa

MacBoyd

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Do you not think that this may change if other leagues start en mass voiding the leagues across Europe?

Maybe. But it would almost certainly have to come from UEFA - and that seems very unlikely. 

4 hours ago, Tiger Shaw said:

At first I wasn’t too bothered if they were to be handed the title, the way I seen it was we had fucked it and although mathematically we could still catch them the chances of us winning every game between now and the end of the season with the form we are in is almost zero, I was already resigned to the fact they would be champions regardless but see after the way the twisted sick morally defunct perverts have acted the last two days my mind has changed give them fuck all and fight it all the way.

The club like no other deserve fuck all. 

This is the same as me now tbh.

44 minutes ago, The Dude said:

They're not finishing it. They don't think there will be any football until August. Add the time to get players fit and play nine rounds of games and there's not enough time to play next season. 

So clearly there will be no winner of the scottish cup so how can they say there will be a winner in the league 

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

No idea as we're not 12 behind with four games in hand. 

No, but we have to play them twice and have a game in hand.. win all of those and it looks a very different table, no? Absolute farse if they are awarded the league.

1 minute ago, Colin Traive said:

Bit premature to take it as gospel, eh?

If the decision has been made and they’re not embarrassed by it, why be afraid to make it public?

Not really, I've heard it from clubs directly so its something I can take as gospel without a formal announcement. 

They've not made it public because they haven't formally ended the season yet. 

2 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

No, but we have to play them twice and have a game in hand.. win all of those and it looks a very different table, no? Absolute farse if they are awarded the league.

But those games will be moot if the season is ended here. It'll be purely on games that have actually been played. 

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

But those games will be moot if the season is ended here. It'll be purely on games that have actually been played. 

What if we were 3 games into the season? Also, has the league been in this situation before and what was the outcome then? If you crown a champion then you also need to relegate someone as we are now ending the season. Will Hearts accept that? 

If leagues start awarding titles when season not finished can you imagine the chinese league in years to come  " right we're top of the league get the best virus boffin to start a new virus that spreads quickly so we'll be declared champions"

2 minutes ago, writingranger said:

That was an invitation for an opinion. 

I know but it's such a set of circumstances that I couldn't confidently give one on what I think they would do. There would be so many other variables that it's impossible to realistically know. Given the circumstans we ARE in, I'm more confident that I can give an opinion on what I think they will do based on speaking to people at a couple of clubs in recent weeks and conversations with a couple other people who are, let's say, suitably qualified to steer my opinion. 

1 minute ago, johanhentze said:

What if we were 3 games into the season? Also, has the league been in this situation before and what was the outcome then? If you crown a champion then you also need to relegate someone as we are now ending the season. Will Hearts accept that? 

Again, like my response to @writingranger, I couldn't confidently say as the circumstances are so wildly different to now. If we were only three games in, it would depend on how long we were unable to play primarily. As it is, it looks very unlikely we'll see football before August 

5 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Not really, I've heard it from clubs directly so its something I can take as gospel without a formal announcement. 

They've not made it public because they haven't formally ended the season yet. 

Nope, not buying that.

There will be an announcement that the season has ended.

Then, at some indeterminate point, there will be another, separate announcement saying the filth are getting the title despite the (unlikely) possibility that they could finish fourteen points behind us?

You're making this up you go along.

Do you run the SPFL by any chance?

6 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

Mate, I asked that question earlier in the thread. What’s happened is a mess, but this season should be null and void as all League games have not been completed yet. 

16 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

I agree however I think we’re all jumping the gun a bit here, probably influenced by the underhand tactics previously deployed by Lawell, (Japan, games postponed due to ex players passing away etc.. I could go on) 

Fraser Wishart said any points difference between celtic and ourselves ‘is irrelevant’ as the points difference in the lower leagues vary and all leagues would have to be treated with parity. Unless a title is mathematically secure anyone can predict the way it would go on form, but form changes and it’s literally ‘impossible’ to predict. I’ve read Hearts could be in serious financial bother if relegation comes and have no doubt they will go ‘all out’ in legal terms to counter this, I imagine joined by all teams potentially in line to be relegated or with a chance of winning their leagues. Given celtic and dundee utd could mount their own challenges (possibly joined by others) theirs would be based on supposition as opposed to the fact of mathematic possibility. The caveat being the SFA are heavily influenced by celtic but hopefully the decision will come from governing bodies... Who knows?...

2 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

Nope, not buying that.

There will be an announcement that the season has ended.

Then, at some indeterminate point, there will be another, separate announcement saying the filth are getting the title despite the (unlikely) possibility that they could finish fourteen points behind us?

You're making this up you go along.

Do you run the SPFL by any chance?

You're not buying what?

There will absolutely be an announcement that the season has ended. That will likely confirm that the standings will remain as they are. The season will have ended after the last completed matchday in each of the four divisions rather than the usual number due to an inability to schedule the remaining rounds of fixtures before the start of/ without causing unmanageable disruption to the  2020/21 campaign.

Teams will have their positions based on their points totals as things stand and then the fighting over it all will begin.

Archived