Where's The Most Unlikely Or Trivial Place You've Seen A Gers Player ?

tannerall

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, blueballss said:

Used be some great nights late 80s early 90s at end of season player of the year nights out. Remember Gordon McQueen used to turn up with a lot of the players

Who was it again that fucked off with one of the trophies to a pub on the PRW back in Walter's first spell?

8 hours ago, blueballss said:

Used be some great nights late 80s early 90s at end of season player of the year nights out. Remember Gordon McQueen used to turn up with a lot of the players

I met him a lot when I used to play for St Mirren's Boys Club in 70's.

Alex Mcdonald in my house , when I was a kid many years ago my dad drank in same pub as Alex and they became friends so one night after pub shut they all came back to ours and had more drinks.  Still see him now and again at the OO parade in Glasgow 

Great thread this - every single RM member must have a tale to tell?

Remembered another one from a few years back. This was when you could still walk into Glasgow Airport and wander about upstairs without passing through security. I came off a London flight and had been reading in the paper about some family hassle he was having. Neil McCann was on the same flight and half a dozen photographers were waiting for him at the end of the old domestic pier. My mate and I spoke to him and it was clear he wasn't looking forward to it, so one of us got either side of him and we ran at the photographers scattering them and got him downstairs and into a taxi. He was still a Rangers player at the time.

Only then remembered we had bags in the hold and went back inside to collect them from the carousel. 

I think the hassle was about a drugs issue with his brother if I recall?

I literally bumped into  big   Alexei Mikhailichenko  on Uddingston main street. It was peeing down and we were both running to get into a  butchers shop.  He was a gent and allowed me to be ahead of him in the queue. When I left the shop, Oleg  Kuznetsov was in the passenger seat of Miko's car reading a newspaper, not a British tabloid  I hasten to add. Maybe not too unlikely as  they both lived in Bothwell.

Heading out of Glasgow airport for a lads holiday a few years ago and there was big Amo sitting with his x-ray waiting to head back to Italy. Big man was only to happy for the boys to take photographs and show us his x-ray.

Archived