Ferguson and Dykes

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

Matters plenty when you’re comparing which strikers are and aren’t goal scorers.

Still a better goal scorer.

9 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

440FB312-1E96-4755-A5AE-99D3D29D6F3A.gif.42a48cdc1a6fc3c298450e68cbb1cbca.gif

Scores goals, from midfield and forward.

2 minutes ago, Bigsasasfloppyhair said:

Dean? 

Patter

3 minutes ago, Bigsasasfloppyhair said:

Windass wasn’t as bad as people make out but think we need better. 

Definitely had potential, shame he thought he was a better player than he actually was though. The lad thought when he came to Rangers he had already made it and this was ultimately his downfall.

Should have got his head down worked hard and aimed to improve instead he jumped about like he was Billy big time.

Wasted talent imo 

58 minutes ago, ChampionsAgain said:

Yep 1 goal. He missed chance after chance in other games also. 

Overall - Not good enough 

Want to win league titles and cups we need better than Kamberi/Dykes. 

If we want to win league titles, we need better right across the pitch. Almost at 1 to 11. That comes in two ways, signing quality, or improving decency. A team with financial backing does the former, a good manager does the latter. We are probably somewhere in the middle. Gerrard has improved many in the squad he inherited and these guys will hopefully continue to get better. Agree we need to continue to add to the first team though too.

5 hours ago, esquire8 said:

We just got Hagi for £3m in £1m yearly installments. £500k for Dykes is still too much for my liking in a summer transfer market that is going to be very dry. We've still got plenty of time to get a deal sorted out so make Livi sweat and get the cheapest deal possible. It's not like the guy is #1 priority for us anyway. 

Yep, why I said max. Would expect us to pay less. 

8 hours ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Definitely had potential, shame he thought he was a better player than he actually was though. The lad thought when he came to Rangers he had already made it and this was ultimately his downfall.

Should have got his head down worked hard and aimed to improve instead he jumped about like he was Billy big time.

Wasted talent imo 

Needed a haircut, and shouldn’t have worn a hair band either.

13 hours ago, esquire8 said:

We just got Hagi for £3m in £1m yearly installments. £500k for Dykes is still too much for my liking in a summer transfer market that is going to be very dry. We've still got plenty of time to get a deal sorted out so make Livi sweat and get the cheapest deal possible. It's not like the guy is #1 priority for us anyway. 

Better not be very dry mate , people on here keep telling us the full normal season ticket for potentially a few games in the current financial situation for bears and MYGers are both to see the benefits on the pitch , if we don’t sign a couple of right good players it will be another boot to the supporters stains 

9 hours ago, Cedrick said:

Better not be very dry mate , people on here keep telling us the full normal season ticket for potentially a few games in the current financial situation for bears and MYGers are both to see the benefits on the pitch , if we don’t sign a couple of right good players it will be another boot to the supporters stains 

I see other teams downsizing, paying off staff, only offering alleged 80% reductions in salaries to re-sign those out of contract, Academies closing, talking of multi million pound holes in budgets. Even with strong ST sales and in some instances their own equivalent of Mygers.

If we (with ST sales and Mygers) come out in a stronger position on the field this summer then that will be an exceptional outcome. And we have to if we want to stop 10. Tbh selling a top valued player and investing only a fraction of the transfer fee is still a real possibility.

Imo there's an air of expecting business as normal with transfers and investments given how much is being asked of supporters, but I think we're oblivious to harsh realities of revenue reductions from corporate business, hospitality, possibly certain sponsorships, etc. Hopefully Castore deal softens this.

I do think we'll find the money for the quality needed, just think we shouldn't underestimate how financially difficult this will be for the club too, its not just supporters. I doubt most other clubs will strengthen which would reinforce the view that if we do then it deserves huge praise, not taken as a given or a kick in the baws if we didn't.

Archived