***Generic Kris Boyd Thread***

jimmckinlay

Novo and Prso are hardly legends. Yes Prso had a great relationship with the fans as does Novo, but in years down the line neither of them will make the Hall of Fame or be remembered as two of the best players in our history. I'm not trying to bring down their excellent contributions to Rangers but i can't see either having club legend status in years to come.

Last time i said this the sniff, sniff treatment followed, but your 100% spot on (tu)

Two players who will be remembered by anyone around at the time as brilliant people, and decent players, but i don't think either will be put in the hall of fame.

*Quick change the subject before you agree with McBoyd*

Think you have some competition on who is Boyd biggest fan in Mykhailychenko :pipe:

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No striker we have at the moment will ever be a true Rangers legend, sadly.

An outside bet, but maybe a bit unfair on Nacho?

He's got the attitude, but not the ability.

Oh I agree but playing devil's advocate for a moment, his goals against the tims, Helicopter Sunday, Florence?

LEGEND a word that is used way to often nowadays.

legend is a status i could mention alongside names such as BAXTER GREIG COOPER MCCOIST

there is not a single player in the current crop of players i would class as a legend in years to come with thier achievements to date not one!.

especially the likes of boyd or novo.

we are bigger than that and more players will become legends in the years ahead ! its our destiny.

NO SURRENDER WATP

Oh I agree but playing devil's advocate for a moment, his goals against the tims, Helicopter Sunday, Florence?

I'll probably tell the grandkids about wee Ignacio, which certainly raises the question over what merits the 'legend' tag.

He'll always have a place in the heart of Rangers fans but he'll never be up there with the very best players of the club.

I'll probably tell the grandkids about wee Ignacio, which certainly raises the question over what merits the 'legend' tag.

Might well have its own thread before not too long.

He'll always have a place in the heart of Rangers fans but he'll never be up there with the very best players of the club.

I'll go with that.

Might well have its own thread before not too long.

I started a thread asking if Novo will be a Hall Of Famer last May :lol:

Kris Boyd could be Rangers goal hero at Hampden in CIS Cup final

http://www.<No links to this website>/football/spl/...86908-21196992/

IF your Cheltenham favourites are still galloping you might want to take a look at tomorrow's Hampden showdown between Celtic and Rangers.

The correct bet in the Co-operative Insurance Cup Final just might help you recoup some of your losses from the gee gees but don't waste even a second studying form.

There is very little between the Old Firm and it is always wise to forget everything that has gone before when these Goliaths of the game meet.

But here's one for you - Kris Boyd to score the winning goal.

Yes, we all know he has found Celtic's net only once but he's had the week from Hell and knows he has to strike some kind of meaningful blow if he is to have a Rangers future.

Tomorrow at the National Stadium would be the perfect time and place for this puzzling striker to thank his manager, Walter Smith, for showing him leniency.

After having thrown a strop when left out of last Sunday's match with Hamilton, Boyd was kicked out of Murray Park and told to go away and think about whether or not he really wants to be part of Smith's plans.

Boyd's Ibrox career was on the line but he was smart enough to make a grovelling apology and plead for another chance.

Smith granted his wish and although he is unlikely to start tomorrow's final, Boyd will be in the squad and desperate to demonstrate why he believes he should never ever be left out of the side.

Boyd, then, is a man on a mission.

And that has to make him even more of a potent threat than his 24 goals so far this season suggest.

Strange things can happen when the country's biggest clubs meet.

Why, football matches have even been known to break out but the point is form, logic, and reputations can't be used as reliable indicators.

Players could be brimming with confidence as they leave the dressing rooms and walk towards that light at the end of the tunnel but, seconds later, when they come up against that wall of noise, bravado and belief can be the first to turn and run.

More than a few players have been left exposed in these matches but one thing Boyd doesn't lack is confidence, maybe even courage.

How else to explain his truculent behaviour last week which led to confrontation with Smith, a man capable of erupting in fury without warning if he thinks someone is taking a liberty.

It's possible stupidity was behind his indiscretions but then if his cranium is an empty vessel he'd be watching today's confrontation from his living room.

Boyd at least had the brains to admit he'd behaved like a wee boy and was able to persuade Smith to let him come back. And so now he has to pay back.

Unlike last week's Homecoming Scottish Cup tie he won't sit slumped and disinterested in the dug out and will instead remain sharply focused waiting for the nod.

Ironically, his behaviour may have denied him a starting place at the very time he could be at his most dangerous and determined to step up and prove he can score against the game's better defenders.

So don't be totally surprised if Smith, who has been known to try something different in these games, decides to pitch Boyd in from the beginning.

It is more likely Kenny Miller and Kyle Lafferty will kick off, although Boyd will get his chance at some point in the madness which awaits us all tomorrow and he owes his manager big time after having been allowed back into Murray Park.

The trouble is, if Boyd does start and his game doesn't click into top gear Rangers will be a man down and Celtic would take full advantage.

Of course they will be hoping their own striker, Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink, will break a barren spell and finally win over the fans, many of whom sounded as though they'd given up on him, Georgios Samaras and also Gordon Strachan after last Saturday's cup defeat by St Mirren.

It is entirely possible the Dutchman's fortunes could turn in this one match and if they do he'll become an instant hero as the first trophy of the season is won and lost.

There has been a tendency among some Old Firm players and fans to dismiss this competition but not this time. These two could meet in the final of a jam making competition at a village fete and they'd go all out to win. Nothing would be held back because for these teams and their fans there is not much better in this world than coming out on top - at anything.

Having acknowledged that, we have to hope the match is trouble free and that the bile, bigotry and downright hatred are absent from the Hampden bowl. The recent dreadful events, those murders in Northern Ireland, might be on the minds of some who associate themselves with the Old Firm but no decent person wants to see or hear these people.

We all want to see a football match, athrilling cup final with two top managers, who know so much about the players in both sides trying to find that vital little edge that might make such a big difference to the outcome.

Control of the midfield will be hotly contested - with Scott Brown in there for Celtic it certainly won't be a Sunday afternoon stroll - but the technical players like Pedro Mendes and Shunsuke Nakamura will also have to get the ball and perform amid the mayhem.

There are doubts about both defences - Madjid Bougherra will have to be fully fit and sharp to help compensate for David Weir's lack of pace on one side while Stephen McManus will need to clean up his tackling - but it could come down to just one error or one moment of sublime skill, perhaps an amazing finish. And because this game is so unpredictable it just might be the great enigma himself who has the final say.

Whether or not he starts, Boyd is the player with most to prove and Celtic would be unwise to forget about him for a second even if he does find it difficult to score against them. He is a threat and having been shaken up by his manager he could be sharper than he has ever been.

Yes, I know it's crazy to look at a player who lacks pace and often looks as though he's waiting for a bus but he can score.

In fact, that's all he can do but it's not a bad trait for a striker and that's as good a reasonas any to suggest Rangers could emerge from tomorrow's cauldron still holding the Cup.

And it was him for the wrong reasons. He never picked up O'Dea and done absolutely nothing of value, whereas Lafferty was getting tucked in and doing well.

That's it for me with Boyd. I've been on the frignes of not wanting him near my team for months now, and today took it well over the edge. He's must have moaned for not playing last week, went in the bad books with the manager, sent him home, causing a negative atmosphere in the dressing room and look at the result at the end of the week.

It's not a knee-jerk reaction, he's pathetic at football.

Sorry but you cant blame this on Boyd, He was the only guy in our Front line that actually won a couple of headers.

Were was Mendes and Miller today ?

The blame lies firmly at the managers door.

I thought we matched Celtic for most of the time, it was a scrappy game and was balanced itself out over 90minutes. However, he never picked up his man at the goal and we were chasing after that.

There were a few players today who were very poor, but over 90minutes Celtic weren't' any better. That's my point.

Boyd isn't a defender , he shouldn't be relied on to pick up players.

It's everyone's duty to mark men at a corner. Boyd though shoulnd't of been defending a corner but it was extra time. What it did show was Weir and Broadfoot's lack of any marking skills. No one picked him up. That was the difference.

I blame the manager for bringing on the useless streak of piss on in the 1st place. As soon as Boyd came on there was absolutely no movement upfront and he offered fuck all. When defending a corner/set piece everyone has a job to do - Mendes did his job after clearing it off the line, Boyd failed to pick up O'Dea.