UEFA rules allow SFA to build bridges

iang2911

Don't laugh!!

Given that since Craig Whyte took the club in to administration, and we were voted out of the top league, that we have since proven that there was no wrong doing at the club.....other than Whyte.

IF Rangers manage to get to the Scottish Cup final, or be lucky enough to win it :-), then the UEFA financial fair play rules allow for the local association to apply for Special exceptions.

ANNEX I: Exceptions policy

1. The UEFA administration may, in accordance with Article 4, grant exceptions on the following matters:

d) Non-applicability of the three-year rule defined in Article 12(2) in case of change of legal form or company structure of the licence applicant on a case- by-case basis;

Hopefully, if we manage to get to the final, Graham Wallace will have the opportunity to discuss this and we MAY be able to look forward to European football next season.

I don't beive for a minute that the sfa would do anything within their power to help us.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I daresay we could mount a legal challenge as well if we qualified for the cup final, but suspect our board would probably come to a deal and agree with the SFA not to push this.

You never know though, should be worth an appeal if we get to the final.

Don't laugh!!

Given that since Craig Whyte took the club in to administration, and we were voted out of the top league, that we have since proven that there was no wrong doing at the club.....other than Whyte.

IF Rangers manage to get to the Scottish Cup final, or be lucky enough to win it :-), then the UEFA financial fair play rules allow for the local association to apply for Special exceptions.

Hopefully, if we manage to get to the final, Graham Wallace will have the opportunity to discuss this and we MAY be able to look forward to European football next season.

I don't beive for a minute that the sfa would do anything within their power to help us.

Well lawell will certainly do all he can to stop that if the situation arose but for the benefit of Scottish football (I know when there's a chance to kick us that doesn't get considered) having us in Europe and hopefully winning some games will help improve the co efficient and therefore help the country!

Thats just it, isn't it? They'll do nothing for Rangers unless we can bump this rule up everytime one of, or any of them says that it's not allowed.

That's pre-judging and they should be doing the opposite, giving any Scottish team the best chance the country can have of increasing our cooefficent. Of course, they'll claim the like of DU or the sheep shouldn't have to miss out either.

Cutting to the chase, the cup winners would qualify for the Uefa cup, but what would be the position if a team lost in the final against an Aberdeen, Inverness or Dundee United who had already qualified for Europe in the league.

Could the runners-up in the cup this year qualify for Europe as well ?

would playing in the Europa cup on Thursday nights be appealing to us next season.it might be a step to far for us. lets win the trophies that we are competing for this season then concentrate on doing it all over again next season without the hindrance of Thursday night football. knowing the sfa they would have us playing the Monday before or Saturday midday after

Cutting to the chase, the cup winners would qualify for the Uefa cup, but what would be the position if a team lost in the final against an Aberdeen, Inverness or Dundee United who had already qualified for Europe in the league.

Could the runners-up in the cup this year qualify for Europe as well ?

Only if it was the league winners I believe but not sure about league runner ups.

would playing in the Europa cup on Thursday nights be appealing to us next season.it might be a step to far for us. lets win the trophies that we are competing for this season then concentrate on doing it all over again next season without the hindrance of Thursday night football. knowing the sfa they would have us playing the Monday before or Saturday midday after

Don't see why it would be a problem, would have 2 qualifying rounds though.

Being back in Europe as soon as next season sound very appealing considering all the shite that we have had to put up with over the last two years.

Thats just it, isn't it? They'll do nothing for Rangers unless we can bump this rule up everytime one of, or any of them says that it's not allowed.

That's pre-judging and they should be doing the opposite, giving any Scottish team the best chance the country can have of increasing our cooefficent. Of course, they'll claim the like of DU or the sheep shouldn't have to miss out either.

That's it mate. I'm just making sure it is out there.

Don't see any chance of the lurking journos printing a story about it

Cross that bridge when it comes; debate on this is premature and we'd look like idiots if we get knocked out in next round.

Well said. However, hypothetically if we were to find ourselves in this position I would want us to push for it. The sooner we get back into Europe the better - it's all about making £ at the end of the day.

Well said. However, hypothetically if we were to find ourselves in this position I would want us to push for it. The sooner we get back into Europe the better - it's all about making £ at the end of the day.

So would I, the bodies will be under pressure from fans of other clubs and don't think it would happen however.