Kris Boyd not playing in the cup final

gers20

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree his attitude isn't the best, but you said that having the topscorer means nothing, and that's just fucking stupid.

Jelle, you're not getting this.

I'm saying that you win fuck all for having the top scorer.

Think of all the competitions we've entered since Boyd came to the club and we've only won two cups (admittedly, a lot due to Kris himself) and you'll see what I mean. Not saying that you want an impotent front-line but as Celtic, Man Utd and Barca have proved in their respective leagues, having goals spread throughout attack and midfield looks more effective than having one guy score all the goals.

It's less effective when that guy can't earn a start in big away games as well, it must be said.

excatly gaffbear no one is bigger than the club

barry ferguson was deemed to be in the PLG saga !

He still thinks he is...ever thought when it comes to Boyd that maybe PLG,Burley and Smith may just have got it right.

excatly gaffbear no one is bigger than the club

barry ferguson was deemed to be in the PLG saga !

He still thinks he is...ever thought when it comes to Boyd that maybe PLG,Burley and Smith may just have got it right.

There are a few on the site that criticise people like me for moaning about Smith's tactics, saying that the 'manager knows best'.

If so, why doesn't it apply when three managers all see the same thing in Boyd?

How can anyone call Walter Smith a bad manager? Walter Smith is one of the most successful managers Rangers have ever had. Fact.

As for Kris Boyd, he would never have been in the frame to start in this match, but probably would have been on the bench. Any player showing dissent in any way needs to be dealt with and Boyd has a record of showing dissent. All the good managers have done the same, Sir Alex Ferguson has shown many a star player the door, because no-one is bigger than the team. If these stories about Boyd getting a new arsehole torn are true, it may be the end of the matter, but he wont start on Sunday no matter what. If the stories are true, he will be missing from the bench as well. Honestly, I wish he had Wee Nacho's attitude, he would be a terrific asset to the club, but that is all he is, an asset. I hope he is in the squad.

Walter Smith is one of the most successful managers Rangers have ever had. Fact.

GET BEHIND HIM AND THE TEAM!!!!

I wonder how many more games he'll feature in from now until the end of the season? With Novo coming back, Lafferty and Miller looking like they might form a good partnership, and a number of tough away games (Tynecastle, Fir Park, Tannadice) still to play, I think he'll feature intermittently at best/worst.

How can anyone call Walter Smith a bad manager? Walter Smith is one of the most successful managers Rangers have ever had. Fact.

As for Kris Boyd, he would never have been in the frame to start in this match, but probably would have been on the bench. Any player showing dissent in any way needs to be dealt with and Boyd has a record of showing dissent. All the good managers have done the same, Sir Alex Ferguson has shown many a star player the door, because no-one is bigger than the team. If these stories about Boyd getting a new arsehole torn are true, it may be the end of the matter, but he wont start on Sunday no matter what. If the stories are true, he will be missing from the bench as well. Honestly, I wish he had Wee Nacho's attitude, he would be a terrific asset to the club, but that is all he is, an asset. I hope he is in the squad.

Walter Smith is one of the most successful managers Rangers have ever had. Fact.

he's also the manager that f*cked up ten in a row and can't manage to field a team to win the league, when the other team in the title-race is rank as f*ck.

Now I still have to see any confirmation of this story, the article has no quotes what so ever and The Express says it's Lafferty who is uncertain for the Cup Final.

Would be great if Walter pulled a Strachan and gets them all excited, only to field Boyd who then bangs in 3 goals :sherlock:

he's also the manager that f*cked up ten in a row and can't manage to field a team to win the league, when the other team in the title-race is rank as f*ck.

Agreed, he's mediocre at best!!!

Don't let our useless manager stop you getting behind the team then. (tu)

If true then don't let the door hit you on the arse on the way out....i will however wait to hear form a proper source before twisting my knickers

Jim traynor on the week of a big game....ffs.....

I agree totally on this. I'm not going to buy it hook, line and sinker until it's confirmed by other sources. Given his previous, it's not exactly unimaginable that there's substance to it though.

His attitude stinks and I hope this is the final nail in his Rangers coffin.

I've got no doubt that the usual suspects will be on defending him tooth and nail, but after the Scotland incident and now this, it's clear to see that the guy doesn't have anything like the temperament or drive to become a top-class player.

Hopefully, that's him gone. We'll find someone else to score against the dross and take the penalties, although I doubt it'll matter much as stats have shown that we score more goals as a team without Boyd in the side.

Let the ridiculous defence of this waster begin....

Totally agree bud , I was slated earlier this year for having the same opinion

If true then don't let the door hit you on the arse on the way out....i will however wait to hear form a proper source before twisting my knickers

Jim traynor on the week of a big game....ffs.....

I agree totally on this. I'm not going to buy it hook, line and sinker until it's confirmed by other sources. Given his previous, it's not exactly unimaginable that there's substance to it though.

It sounds possible mate but i will hold off right now, i am sure we will get proper conformation soon enough.........

Less than 10 posts in and he's already the victim who's being forced out.

doh

He has been actively touted around in the last 3 transfer windows; he is not wanted by the manager.

However, his attitude does stink; he ran faster off the park after the final whistle last wednesday than he did in 90 minutes and anyone who watched his "warm up" on Sunday would agree.

I've never been fooled by Boyd. Sure he'll score plenty v pishy sides but he's not got the attributes to do it against better quality defenders. Burley was right to leave him on the bench, the Norwegian defenders would have had him in their pockets because his movement is limited.

Smith is right to bench him against celtc.

For Boyd it's not about Rangers, it's about Kris Boyd and I'm sure he'd be chuffed if we lost 2-1 as long as he scored the goal.

Hope we sell him in the summer.

People should stop getting sucked in by this rubbish, Ask yourselfs why is it that unsettling story's like these always appear before big games ?

Just look at the total non story in the rhags before the last OF game about Flecks uncle or something spouting off in the jail.

The articles wrote by the same man who said Rangers fans deserved to be battered in Pamplona.

But hey some people just want any excuse to get on Boyds back. :rolleyes:

People should stop getting sucked in by this rubbish, Ask yourselfs why is it that unsettling story's like these always appear before big games ?

Just look at the total non story in the rhags before the last OF game about Flecks uncle or something spouting off in the jail.

The articles wrote by the same man who said Rangers fans deserved to be battered in Pamplona.

But hey some people just want any excuse to get on Boyds back. :rolleyes:

If it's not true, it would be fairly easy for the club to deny. Let's see if they do.