Maurice Edu

NathanRfc

He really needs to up his game, and yes i know that he hasn;t played enough games too judge him yet but the few games he has played i heavent seen him do anything more than Ferguson had been doing since his return.

**puts tin-hat on**

He's not going to be a Frank Lampard or Steven Gerrard in the middle of the park, that's not his game.

What he does is very effective. And as for Ferguson, if he gets in ahead of Edu when his ban is over I will be disgusted!

For a fairly young player, finally just given his chance I think he has done well. When we are playing well he allows Mendes the room to contribute more in an attacking sense. When we are stuggling as a team, some players hide, he has shown he is willing to dig in and work hard though. I'd keep him in the team.

You dont watch the games at all do you ?

Season ticket holder for the past 5 or 6 years but naw a dont watch the games :rolleyes:

Nonsence . (tu)

Nonsense spelling of nonsense :P

Anyway, just because he didn't score a 30 yard screamer or what have you, doesn't mean that he didn't have a good game. (tu)

Never said he had to score a 30 yard screamer but its just wee stupid things that im talking about he could maybe work on like passing the ball infront of a player, and a couple of times today he gave possesion away with a pass.. thats all am sayin.

Ano what yous mean with like him breaking up the play passing to mendes or david to create something but there were a couple of passes and touches today from the big man that were quite poor.

Let's not fall into the 'Whittaker' trap here.

I'd say he's improved 60% since his run of games and along those lines, I think Edu has been really impressive and the thought of him with 20/30 SPL games under his belt really excites me.

Don't rush back Barry (tu)

Seen some people giving Edu good ratings today, why? I thought he was poor for most of the game and never really done much at all.

A wannabe Kevin Thomson just about somes him up in my opinion.

Hurry back KT (tu)

He has been the physical (ish) presence in midfield since KT got injured, although he isnt the same level as KT he is doing not bad in the way of rag dolling other midfielders.... much better than what barry was doing, and its allowed pedro to get forward more (the falkirk and st mirren 2 1st time passes by him to open up the defence) if barry was on the pitch he would of got the ball and punted it to mcgregor :)

A Kevin Thomson wannabe?

I thought he had a good game. At times he was quiet but effective. A good foil for Mendes and once again he played better than both Mendes and Davis, well IMO.

He broke up play, won balls in the air, was good in possession, looked for the ball, made some good tackles and stood up to Maros Klimpl. He was also slack and sloppy at times and got caught out on the wrong side but he's a better option than both McCulloch and Ferguson.