Celtic complain to the spl over fixtures...

Celtic will seek an explanation from the Scottish Premier League after being "surprised" by the scheduling of the last five fixtures of the season.

Rangers have been handed a third game at Ibrox this season against third-placed Hearts, while they will travel to Easter Road for a third time to face Hibernian.

The anomaly comes from the need to balance the Edinburgh clubs' fixtures to ensure they both play 19 games at home and away following the split.

This could have been done in one move by making Hearts play at Easter Road for the third time this season, but the SPL were keen to avoid switching the Edinburgh derby.

However, Celtic are understood to be frustrated by this decision, which saves Rangers from playing again at Tynecastle, where they lost in November.

Hearts have drawn against both sides of the Old Firm in recent weeks while Rangers yesterday won at Hibernian for the second time this season.

Hibs qualified for the top six on Saturday courtesy of Motherwell's defeat by St Mirren.

A Celtic spokesperson told PA Sport: "Clearly we are quite surprised at the scheduling of matches and we have written to the SPL to get an understanding of their rationale.

"However, as they always have, (manager) Gordon Strachan and the players will get on with it

I cannot believe this after last season....they really have no shame.....

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Surprise surprise! They are the most well-balanced support in the land. Still those chips on their shoulders must be weighing heavier and heavier! Panic at parkhead!

GIRUY! It's coming home!

We should come out with a few choice quotes about sporting integrity and ask how there tour to Japan got on l;ast season…….

If only.

the scum really make my blood boil.

That's absolutely laughable!

I really, really hope someone from Rangers comes out and responds to this.

Unlike them mate, we have too much class to lower ourselves to petty point-scoring.

That's absolutely laughable!

I really, really hope someone from Rangers comes out and responds to this.

Unlike them mate, we have too much class to lower ourselves to petty point-scoring.

I wouldn't want an angry statement, maybe a subtle and sarcastic dig to really get them stewing.

I can't actually bring myself to feel angry about this, I just pity them :lol: