Was it a goal?

Dietspam

Was it a goal?  

382 members have voted

1. 1. Was it a goal?

• Yes
    • No

Personally...I don't think it was all over. We shouldn't have needed to rely on that though. :( Novo, wee man. I don't know whether to kiss you for scoring the goal, or kick you in the arse for missing the other 2.

Chin up lads. We can bring it home!

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

on the replay i could see the whole ball by the post and the post is on the line so i think yes

REally? I thought Setanta's (asuming this is the show you were watching) camera was at an angle and not on the line. It's one of those ones though. Could have went either way i think.

i think more of the ball was over that that "goal" in the game between liverpool and chelsea a few years ago and that was given. Its hard to tell with the post in the way so i suppose we cant complain too much, we had other chances we should have burried.

Not imo,the angle side on doesen't show the whole ball over the line,the post covers part of the ball,and no-one on here would say it was a goal if it was the tims.

I would. I don't care who it was for, that was over the line imo. But I don't actually begrudge the decision as how the fuck would the linesman have been able to know for sure.

And oddly, I still wouldn't use replays either because even in this thread us all having watched it repeatedly there's disagreement among us.

So how would video evidence help?

on the replay i could see the whole ball by the post and the post is on the line so i think yes

REally? I thought Setanta's (asuming this is the show you were watching) camera was at an angle and not on the line. It's one of those ones though. Could have went either way i think.

you could see the net, both sides of the ball.

100% goal

cheating t****** linesman!

Not imo,the angle side on doesen't show the whole ball over the line,the post covers part of the ball,and no-one on here would say it was a goal if it was the tims.

I would. I don't care who it was for, that was over the line imo. But I don't actually begrudge the decision as how the fuck would the linesman have been able to know for sure.

And oddly, I still wouldn't use replays either because even in this thread us all having watched it repeatedly there's disagreement among us.

So how would video evidence help?

I wouldn't use video evidence,i don't think we should concentrate on that decision and give the players an excuse to hide,it's their fault and no-one elses.

Richard Gough "If the linesman is not 100% sure the ball crossed the line then he cannot give it. We've watched replays and are still not 100% sure, so we can't say it's over, so it's not a goal"