Winners Medals?

Goianegra

What's the rule on who gets them? I could have sworn I saw Aaron get one and I don't think he played anything like 13 games, or is it different in Scotland?

So how is it decided who gets one and who all got one today?

What's the rule on who gets them? I could have sworn I saw Aaron get one and I don't think he played anything like 13 games, or is it different in Scotland?

So how is it decided who gets one and who all got one today?

My understanding is it's 10 appearances qualifies you for a medal - hence Boumsong requested one be sent to him when he left.

But every player got one today, so either there's logistics to be done, or that rule's been scrapped.

But surely it hasn't as Dailly was playing down the idea of not winning a medal.

Ye I'm sure the club can buy more if they feel players who didn't play are deserving.

I thought it was a league rule that 10 appearances were minimum. Since when can you buy more because you want to give a player one despite them having almost no appearances that season.

Are the medals handed out today not replicas and the club will be given the official ones to hand to those who qualify?

Im sure I heard a former player talking about their kid taking his medal to school and the teachers taking it off themso it wasnt lost, he didnt mind as it was a replica??

The players certain of getting medals are:

McGregor, Edu, Weir, Mendes, Papac, Ferguson, Thomson, Boyd, Novo, McCulloch, Miller, Broadfoot, Bougherra, Alexander, Lafferty, Whittaker, Velicka (I think), Davis.

Are the medals handed out today not replicas and the club will be given the official ones to hand to those who qualify?

Im sure I heard a former player talking about their kid taking his medal to school and the teachers taking it off themso it wasnt lost, he didnt mind as it was a replica??

correct and the player was alex rae

McGregor, Edu, Weir, Mendes, Papac, Ferguson, Thomson, Boyd, Novo, McCulloch, Miller, Broadfoot, Bougherra, Alexander, Lafferty, Whittaker, Velicka (I think), Davis.

Don't think Velicka has made 10 league appearances.

He might have just missed out.

Alexander just made it, today was his 10th league game.

Velicka missed out by 2 appearances.

Velicka missed out by 2 appearances.

I posted this on a thread regarding Kevin Thomson getting a medal.

The league rules state that anyone who has played in 25% of league matches (or more) gets one automatically but the club can issue discretionary medals as long as they pay the SPL for them. This means that Rangers can award a medal to anyone they think has made a contribution without actually playing the statutory 25% of games.

You can bet your life the likes of Dailly (8 games) will get one as will the young guys like Aaron and Fleck and others that Walter deems to have helped the cause.