Would you sell Kris Boyd....

Would you sell Kris Boyd  

309 members have voted

1. 1. Yes or no

• Yes
    • No

I didn't vote.

If he could turn in performances like he did at Tannadice most weeks, then no. Whether he can do that or not, is another question, and, I think I already know the answer.

If we got £4m plus for him, and, went out, signed a top class striker, then yes!

I was impressed with Kris Boyd on Sunday, if he can work on that, and, keep it up then he could be so much better - something he should have done years ago. He has to keep it up, and, that standard of performace is expected on Saturday, and, next season, if he's still at Ibrox - there can be no excuses for laziness, and, sloppyness from now on!

It's all in Boyd's hands, just like it's always been, and, I hope he continues to improve, and, keep it up, because a hard working, goalscoring Boyd, is a valuable as anyone.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he is starting to understand that hard work is equally appreciated by the supporters as much as his goal tally. I saw slight improvements in him this year though his moody,lacklustre ways will always be frustrating. But his love of the club and production means I would build my team around him. ( natural wingers would help him )

Hesselink was supposedly worth £6m a year ago when some (Dutch?) club were rumoured to be tabling a bid for him. Bet the mhanks wish they'd cashed in now! Having a laugh at the greetin on KDS, someone described him as a traffic cone :-)

i would keep him. a know folk have been sayin that he couldnt score against the top six... up until yesterday :21: but if ya look at how he has improved outside the box, holdin up the ball and generally gettin him self about like a big striker should you gotta say he's a man who is willin to work to better himself and be more effective for the club.

I got a feelin he's gonna get better at his all round game and if he gets a bit of confidence scorin in big games imho he has the potential to become a top call striker for us.

On boyds recent performances hes the best on form striker in scotland for me. the big man has to stay for me. on the looks of things the man can only get better and better. i think hes going to be a vital factor for us next season in keeping OUR trophy were it belongs :D

keep boyd, ffs :angry:

Why let our top scorer leave, for a shitty 4million?. No way would we get a replacement for 4 mill that can bag as many goals as boyd, also his workrate as improved alot over the weeks. We would be no where near the title right now if it wasn't for him and his goals

Boyd must stay

:gerbad:

Totally agree, he gets tonnes of criticism about not performing in the big games and yesterday for me, he stepped up to the plate and showed that he can become an integral part of our future.

Scoring one with a sublimley timed waltz into the box and muscling his way in to set up Kyle Lafferty for the opener. He is starting to look more like a Mark Hateley style player by the day. I wouldn't sell him even if the price was right!!!

I think he'll be even better next season!! :clap:

i dont think boyd will leave now that he has improved his all round game this season!!

Boyd should be given a contract extension in my eyes.He is still a young player who looks to be taking on board what everybody has been wanting him to do for some time now,be more productive out side the box and help the team out.

Also is it just me or does anyone else think that boyd woke up abit,and changed his attitude after barry and greegs got repremanded by the gaffer.

The improvement in Boyd's contribution has both pleased and surprised me.

If he has learned to accept that performances like that vs Dundee Utd. are what's required, then he could become a superb player.

On the evidence of his improvement overall - and his top-scoring status - I'd be very happy to see him stay at Ibrox.

I'd be annoyed and disappointed if we sold the lad.

This season has seen him score many vital goals and improve his all-round game and attitude. Of course, he's still far from perfect but we'd be taking a risk by selling him. I also doubt that we'd sign as good a replacement for the same fee as we received for him - never more than that!

i voted yes, but only for the right price and by right price i mean a sum that no club would pay due to the reputation of the spl.

prior to boyd signing we needed someone to stick the 'easy' chances away, and we got that instantly.

going by the last few months he's worked harder, holds the ball up far better and overall play looks to be more intelligent.

it's really a case of wether he's good enough to produce the goods in europe this year.

but would i sell him for the 'realistic' price of £3mil? not a chance

just noticed the question was would you sell him for £4m. d'oh!

He was excellent the other day, but how often has he been that good all season? Once or twice? Not good enough IMO, i like big Boyd, but if we want to take it to the next level especially in the CL, then we need a more all round tye player, someone to partner Lafferty i hope.

But that is just my opinion, so i voted yes i would sell him for 4M, at the drop of a hat.

He was excellent the other day, but how often has he been that good all season? Once or twice? Not good enough IMO, i like big Boyd, but if we want to take it to the next level especially in the CL, then we need a more all round tye player, someone to partner Lafferty i hope.

But that is just my opinion, so i voted yes i would sell him for 4M, at the drop of a hat.

Just that one time mate. I am hoping its just the beginning, but, am sure we will see. I reckon, how much pitchtime he sees at the emirates will be a good guide

"One swallow doth not a summer make"

One decent game in six does not cut it for the un-blinkered fan. Sell,sell,sell,sell,sell.!

Kris Boyd for Rangers

2005-06 17 17 2 3 0 0 2 0 21 20

2006-07 32 20 1 2 2 1 9 3 44 26

2007-08 28 14 6 6 3 5 4 0 41 25

2008-09 35 27 4 1 4 3 2 0 45 31

Total 112 78 13 12 9 9 17 3 151 102

It's a bloody big swallow though PB :gerbad: