Aaron leaving

gordov

In my opinion Aaron was the best wide player we had to be honest.

He could run at defenders, had pace , could give a good cross and was really confident.

But i dont see why Watty wouldn't play him?

Watty Mainly goes for experience tho which is sometime a bad thing.

But as you see from games the younger players mainly give a spark to the game and enject some pace.

And aaron in my opinion was the most leathal one ( even tho fleck did a good job)

But who knows mabye we might clear the dept and buy him in the winter transfer market?

:rolleyes:

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks Wally-Saurus thanks if we even gave him a fucking chance to play instead of playing utter pish like McCulloch, Adam, Smith we would probably not be losing him

Playing him wouldn't change Valencia's financial problems. Hell, if Walter played Aaron every week and he was amazing, Valencia would still want him back.

He doesn't do logic when it comes to his obsession with our manager, i wouldn't waste your time trying to explain

there was a quote saying they were disapointed in the amount of games he played so say he played more games they may have wanted us to keep him for a 2nd year so there your post is shit mate. The obsession with the manager :lol: aye I want to see Rangers go forward so I must have a obession

I would trust the manager who sees him every day more. Why wasn't he a massive stand out int he reserves do you think ?

well I would love to see what Adam, McCulloch do in the training because when it comes to matches they are fucking horrendus and an embarassment to be labelled a pro

thanks Wally-Saurus thanks if we even gave him a fucking chance to play instead of playing utter pish like McCulloch, Adam, Smith we would probably not be losing him

Playing him wouldn't change Valencia's financial problems. Hell, if Walter played Aaron every week and he was amazing, Valencia would still want him back.

He doesn't do logic when it comes to his obsession with our manager, i wouldn't waste your time trying to explain

there was a quote saying they were disapointed in the amount of games he played so say he played more games they may have wanted us to keep him for a 2nd year so there your post is shit mate. The obsession with the manager :lol: aye I want to see Rangers go forward so I must have a obession

They recalled him because the club is in a mountain of debt, so they will either be selling him or playing him, it had nothign to dow ith the amount of games played.

Rangers are clearly going forward, even you should clearly be able to see that. Wer have went forward every season since Walter came back

Long may he reign over us...... :uk:

They recalled him because the club is in a mountain of debt, so they will either be selling him or playing him, it had nothign to dow ith the amount of games played.

Rangers are clearly going forward, even you should clearly be able to see that. Wer have went forward every season since Walter came back

Long may he reign over us...... :uk:

all crack the jokes

like a said there was a quote saying they were disapointed in the amount of games he played I never said it was the reason why they recalled him

From what I saw he didn't work back well enough and before anyone says that its not a left wingers job to work back, in the modern game of roving full backs it is. Hence why Adam and McCulloch get a game there because they work back and help out the left back.

From what I saw he didn't work back well enough and before anyone says that its not a left wingers job to work back, in the modern game of roving full backs it is. Hence why Adam and McCulloch get a game there because they work back and help out the left back.

And there's why Scotland is so far behind the likes of Spain, England and Holland.

Only here would we expect the flair players to spend a large chunk of the game 'getting stuck in'.

:anguish:

And there's why Scotland is so far behind the likes of Spain, England and Holland.

Only here would we expect the flair players to spend a large chunk of the game 'getting stuck in'.

I never said getting stuck in, I said working back. What I was getting at was general defensive duties like covering runners. When you play football that is what you do.

I never said getting stuck in, I said working back. What I was getting at was general defensive duties like covering runners. When you play football that is what you do.

I don't see Messi, Henry, Ronaldo, Drogba or Anelka doing it, so it's not automatically 'what you do' when you're playing football.

Asking players to do what isn't natural to them is pointless. Surely you're better having a lad like Aaron (Naismith, Beasley, Fleck, Novo or Miller for that matter) waiting for an outball for a quick counter attack?

I don't see Messi, Henry, Ronaldo, Drogba or Anelka doing it, so it's not automatically 'what you do' when you're playing football.

Asking players to do what isn't natural to them is pointless. Surely you're better having a lad like Aaron (Naismith, Beasley, Fleck, Novo or Miller for that matter) waiting for an outball for a quick counter attack?

Yes but Messi and Ronaldo play wide in a 4-5-1/4-3-3, Drogba, Henry and Anelka are strikers or Henry and Anelka play wide in a front three. With a 4-4-2 the left mid or right mid have to track back as there is no spare man in the middle to track fullbacks. If we went back to 4-5-1 I think we would see more of Aaron and Novo would get more starts. With 4-4-2 Smith is right to play people who can add something at the back to protect Papac (who is not the quickest left back and Whittaker (who is not the best defender).

I would trust the manager who sees him every day more. Why wasn't he a massive stand out int he reserves do you think ?

How many players are standouts in reserve games?

Fleck has been poor in the reserves, while the likes of Efrem and Wydle look very good yet they don't get near the first team apart from the odd sub slot.

I've seen Aaron do it against better players than he'd have faced here, so I stand by what I can see. The same manager that you speak of was also ready to sell Barry Ferguson in his last stint at the club, so he's not right ALL the time.

Maybe he just didn't fancy Aaron and we'll never know the reasons.

Efrem was outstanding on the two occasions I saw him.

Aaron was too.

There is no conveyor belt at Rangers, unless you count the conveyor belt to the scrap heap.

I say this every season, but if you're a young player wanting to make it full time, dont bother with Rangers.

Even at Celtic you'll get a chance!

After watching Niguez score his first Rangers goal during last night’s 4-0 Scottish Cup victory over Forfar Athletic though, McCoist is convinced he will have a big part to play in the future.

"He's one of these players that excites the fans," McCoist said to BBC Sport.

“He's got a lovely touch, he's got a good turn of pace and he can finish. Hopefully long-term, he'll be a great addition to our squad and our team.

"It's a little bit unfortunate we haven't seen more of him and I think there's no doubt we're probably to blame in that case.”

http://goal.com/en/news/461/scotland/2009/...et-aaron-niguez

Never like to bold too many quotes (as I find it might be patronising in that it suggests I think to folk that they can't read) but that bit in bold caught my eye several months ago and still baffles me now.

Never given a proper chance, and his days were always numbered when Walter Smith would rather bring in Stevie Smith, out of position, and play him ahead of Aaron.

I hope Aaron has a successful career because he's a very good player, who will only get better if used, and give a chance.

The bringing back of S Smith said a lot. Stevie was ok the first two games then he disappeared. We won though with him in the side and that was what mattered. Aaron could easily have had a chance, but it was not to be.

I sometimes think Walter has a rigid idea about some players and just will not give them a chance, but in the end we won the double so you must give Walter the credit, but it is a very fine line between success and failure that we are taking.

Never given a proper chance, and his days were always numbered when Walter Smith would rather bring in Stevie Smith, out of position, and play him ahead of Aaron.

I hope Aaron has a successful career because he's a very good player, who will only get better if used, and give a chance.

The Stevie Smith one was a strange one, I thought Aaron would have got his chance then. However we went on a run of winning games so I suppose I can't realy complain.

Stevie Smith was pish, back from injury or not - he should have been sent off after the 1st 25 minutes of coming back (the amount of miss-timed, and late tackles were a complete and utter joke). His positioning, tackling, passing, and all round play was gash - his set pieces were the only decent thing he brought to the side. In the times he played, he also left Papac and Whittaker exposed, and due to a lack of fitness (which is understandable) was breathing out of his arse after a couple of attacks/or when he had to track back.

Stevie Smith was pish, back from injury or not - he should have been sent off after the 1st 25 minutes of coming back (the amount of miss-timed, and late tackles were a complete and utter joke). His positioning, tackling, passing, and all round play was gash - his set pieces were the only decent thing he brought to the side. In the times he played, he also left Papac and Whittaker exposed, and due to a lack of fitness (which is understandable) was breathing out of his arse after a couple of attacks/or when he had to track back.

Just imagining someone breathing out their arse, made me laugh :craphead:

Indeed.

He hit a few good corners and people wanted him to play. That's a sign of how poor our set pieces have been for the past wee while!

Even then, Aaron offers an excellent delivery from a dead ball.

Well i think he was over hyped.

I like others wanted to see him given a chance however, and maybe he did/does have a level of potential. Regardles of what has happened he has been recalled so its irelevant.

I would rather we spent our time developing Fleck and other young players than a Valencia youth.

All the best anyway Aaron (tu)

RANGERS loan flop Aaron Niguez is set to be farmed out to Racing Santander.

The Valencia kid returned to Spain last week after a disappointing year-long spell at Ibrox.

Aaron made just one full start and three sub appearances under Walter Smith,despite being hailed as one

of Spain's brightest talents when he moved from Valencia.

Now cash-strapped Valencia are hoping the youngster will have more luck gaining first-team experience

when he joins Racing Santander for the new season on another loan deal.

Source - The Scottish Sun page 66.

So much for them needing him for the first team squad at Valencia

All this fuss over a player who contributed very little throughout a season in which we won the League & Cup Double. As usual, it's the players who aren't figuring in the 1st team, for a variety of reasons, that are rated most highly by some fans. IMO Aaron fits into the same bracket as Alan Gow and many before him, in that when he hasn't been playing and we've looked poor it's automatically assumed by this section of the fans that he must be the answer to all our woes. And what happens when these players get a chance and the team plays no better? The same fans turn on them, ala the John Fleck episode.

I watched quite a few reserve games during the season and only once was I really impressed by Aaron. Too often he appeared for 5 minutes at a time before disappearing totally from the game.

win nothing 18 points behind the tims....win 2 cups and get to uefa cup final, cheated out of the league.....win a league and cup double. no progress...i'll crack the jokes...

:D Brilliant!!!