Aaron leaving

gordov

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With Aaron and Beasley both going, and presumably McCulloch and Adam too, we're going to have to make a signing or two there in the summer.

Can we really assume that McCulloch will leave? I think he'll be here no matter what

Can't mourn what we ain't seen..

to similar to Fleckie, can't see that we're losin...

Those who follow the reserve games can, though.

hes hardly set the heather on fire

On their performances in the reserves neither of them deserve a run in the first team. They need to earn their place and neither of them have reached the standard so far.

Considering we struggled to fill LM this season, it seems stupid that Smith didn't give him much more of a chance. I have a very BIG feeling that we will come to rue Smith's decision not to use him. I reckon we could have sewn up the league a lot earlier than we did had he played him!

He isnt left winger, perhaps thats why :P

Why is everyone saying he "never got a chance"? Course he did, every day in training, and, every reserve game. Or, should Smith play him in the first team because he is a "yoof player"?? Or foreign? Heres the thing, our OWN youth players "arent ready" according to many, but, he is from Spain so he must be? bizarre!!

Even Valencia and the PLAYER HIMSELF seem happy, taken from the article on page 1..

"We are calm about the fact he hasn't played because we know how professional Rangers are as a club.

"We have never insisted he plays in the first team but we'll re-evaluate the situation at the end of the season. We are not resentful because he isn't playing."

Niguez should be included in Spain's squad for the Under-20 World Cup in the summer and insists he's happy at Ibrox.

He said: "I am improving as a player because I've had to get used to a different style of football in Scotland. You need more physical power.

"I train every day with the first team and am convinced I'll get my debut in the SPL - it's only a question of time."

As with Edu, the lad needed time to adjust. If the rumour is true, its a shame if Valencia pull him back, although, I wouldnt be against us popping a bid in, but, anyone expecting the lad to be instant first team are deluded. Next season, along with Fleck, Wilson and a couple others, I would have expected to see more of him though

Hes been recalled by the Valencia squad as they expect to lose top players, says it all really... And as for the hes not a left winger comments, neither are lafferty or adam and I know id rather have given Aaron the shot there ahead of them two

Considering we struggled to fill LM this season, it seems stupid that Smith didn't give him much more of a chance. I have a very BIG feeling that we will come to rue Smith's decision not to use him. I reckon we could have sewn up the league a lot earlier than we did had he played him!

He isnt left winger, perhaps thats why :P

That's not strictly true.

He can play there and has played there before. When Spain's younger teams play, their front three or four continually rotate and he's often found himself wide left or wide right and did play there in a few games for Iraklis.

I'd be furious if he was to go back. I'm convinced that he'll be another Gattuso, and with some of the absolute shite we've tried on the left wing this year then I'm disgusted that he hasn't had his chance.

People say he has had a chance and I believe that he's done well when played - two goals and four assists in less than two hours of first team football so far for us prove that. That's also more than Stevie Smith, Charlie Adam and Big Lee have managed all together on the left hand side of our midfield when played there this term.

With Aaron and Beasley both going, and presumably McCulloch and Adam too, we're going to have to make a signing or two there in the summer.

Can we really assume that McCulloch will leave? I think he'll be here no matter what

He said,last week, that he is guaranteed to be with us next season.

If McCulloch's our left mid next year then I'll probably cry.

If McCulloch's our left mid next year then I'll probably cry.

If McCulloch's our left mid next year i'll eat my left elbow! :anguish:

Debt problems result in Valencia recalling Rangers loan star Aaron Niguez

Jun 7 2009 Scott Mcdermott

RANGERS loan star Aaron Niguez will return to Valencia this summer after the Spaniards cut short his Ibrox stint.

The winger - who made just one start and three sub appearances for Walter Smith's men last season - was due to spend another year in Glasgow but has been ordered back to Spain.

Valencia boss Unai Emery has opted to recall Niguez and include him in his squad for their next La Liga campaign.

MailSport understands the 20-year-old will officially end his time with Rangers on June 30 after a decision was made by Emery and Valencia sporting director Fernando Gomez.

Money problems are rife at the Mestalla and president Vicente Soriano resigned last week after failing to secure a financial injection for the club.

That will almost certainly mean the sale of star men David Villa, David Silva and Raul Albiol, giving homegrown kids like Niguez a chance to shine.

Valencia have been pleased with Aaron's development at Murray Park and received glowing progress reports.

But Gomez is keen to welcome the Spanish Under-21 star back and Rangers have been made aware of the decision. Gomez said: "We would have liked Niguez to play more matches in Scotland but overall we are pleased with his progression.

"It's been a beneficial experience for him playing in the Scottish Premier League.

However, it's now time for him to come back." Niguez has played just once for Valencia's first team - in a Champions League clash against Roma when he was 17.

He'll now be hoping to help the club return to that level when he returns to the Mestalla next month.

Aaron said: "It was funny to watch the Champions League Final recently because it brought back memories of playing in that stadium.

"My only appearance was against Roma and the Stadio Olimpico was an amazing arena.

"I got injured in training two days before the match but kept quiet about it because it was going to be my first start for Valencia.

"It has been a difficult season for me at Rangers because you always want to play more games but it was my first year in Scotland and I understand that.

"Winning the SPL at Tannadice was a fantastic experience, it felt amazing because it was the first title I'd won in my career."

http://www.sundaymail.co.uk/sport-news/sco...78057-21421934/

Thats the problem with loan players - did a separate post on this - waste of time having them.!

This is true.

Unless Watty will actually put some trust in them, what IS the point?

Thats the problem with loan players - did a separate post on this - waste of time having them.!

This is true.

Unless Watty will actually put some trust in them, what IS the point?

There is no point even if they get games - look at Davis - on loan - plays well - nearly lose him as Fulham hold out for big fee - loan players are NO WIN for us!

Well, if he goes to valencia, gets first team games, and doesnt impress, we wont want him back, if he does impress, he will stay in there team or his value will be hyped up... our best bet at getting him would have been to put in a cheeky bid at the end of his first year of the loan

Well, if he goes to valencia, gets first team games, and doesnt impress, we wont want him back, if he does impress, he will stay in there team or his value will be hyped up... our best bet at getting him would have been to put in a cheeky bid at the end of his first year of the loan

I would assume that all loan conditions are now off.

He'll be worth £10m if he has a good season for Valencia anyway.