Aaron leaving

gordov

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats the problem with loan players - did a separate post on this - waste of time having them.!

This is true.

Unless Watty will actually put some trust in them, what IS the point?

There is no point even if they get games - look at Davis - on loan - plays well - nearly lose him as Fulham hold out for big fee - loan players are NO WIN for us!

But the thing is with Aaron we have (had) an option to buy him at the end if we wanted to.

Not reading 5 pages. I take it this story hasn't been verified then.

Debt problems result in Valencia recalling Rangers loan star Aaron Niguez

Jun 7 2009 Scott Mcdermott

RANGERS loan star Aaron Niguez will return to Valencia this summer after the Spaniards cut short his Ibrox stint.

The winger - who made just one start and three sub appearances for Walter Smith's men last season - was due to spend another year in Glasgow but has been ordered back to Spain.

Valencia boss Unai Emery has opted to recall Niguez and include him in his squad for their next La Liga campaign.

MailSport understands the 20-year-old will officially end his time with Rangers on June 30 after a decision was made by Emery and Valencia sporting director Fernando Gomez.

Money problems are rife at the Mestalla and president Vicente Soriano resigned last week after failing to secure a financial injection for the club.

That will almost certainly mean the sale of star men David Villa, David Silva and Raul Albiol, giving homegrown kids like Niguez a chance to shine.

Valencia have been pleased with Aaron's development at Murray Park and received glowing progress reports.

But Gomez is keen to welcome the Spanish Under-21 star back and Rangers have been made aware of the decision. Gomez said: "We would have liked Niguez to play more matches in Scotland but overall we are pleased with his progression.

"It's been a beneficial experience for him playing in the Scottish Premier League.

However, it's now time for him to come back." Niguez has played just once for Valencia's first team - in a Champions League clash against Roma when he was 17.

He'll now be hoping to help the club return to that level when he returns to the Mestalla next month.

Aaron said: "It was funny to watch the Champions League Final recently because it brought back memories of playing in that stadium.

"My only appearance was against Roma and the Stadio Olimpico was an amazing arena.

"I got injured in training two days before the match but kept quiet about it because it was going to be my first start for Valencia.

"It has been a difficult season for me at Rangers because you always want to play more games but it was my first year in Scotland and I understand that.

"Winning the SPL at Tannadice was a fantastic experience, it felt amazing because it was the first title I'd won in my career."

http://www.sundaymail.co.uk/sport-news/sco...78057-21421934/

RANGERS loan star Aaron Niguez will return to Valencia this summer after the Spaniards cut short his Ibrox stint.

The winger - who made just one start and three sub appearances for Walter Smith's men last season - was due to spend another year in Glasgow but has been ordered back to Spain.

Valencia boss Unai Emery has opted to recall Niguez and include him in his squad for their next La Liga campaign.

MailSport understands the 20-year-old will officially end his time with Rangers on June 30 after a decision was made by Emery and Valencia sporting director Fernando Gomez.

Money problems are rife at the Mestalla and president Vicente Soriano resigned last week after failing to secure a financial injection for the club.

That will almost certainly mean the sale of star men David Villa, David Silva and Raul Albiol, giving homegrown kids like Niguez a chance to shine.

Valencia have been pleased with Aaron's development at Murray Park and received glowing progress reports.

But Gomez is keen to welcome the Spanish Under-21 star back and Rangers have been made aware of the decision. Gomez said: "We would have liked Niguez to play more matches in Scotland but overall we are pleased with his progression.

"It's been a beneficial experience for him playing in the Scottish Premier League.

However, it's now time for him to come back." Niguez has played just once for Valencia's first team - in a Champions League clash against Roma when he was 17.

He'll now be hoping to help the club return to that level when he returns to the Mestalla next month.

Aaron said: "It was funny to watch the Champions League Final recently because it brought back memories of playing in that stadium.

"My only appearance was against Roma and the Stadio Olimpico was an amazing arena.

"I got injured in training two days before the match but kept quiet about it because it was going to be my first start for Valencia.

"It has been a difficult season for me at Rangers because you always want to play more games but it was my first year in Scotland and I understand that.

"Winning the SPL at Tannadice was a fantastic experience, it felt amazing because it was the first title I'd won in my career."

Not reading 5 pages. I take it this story hasn't been verified then.

Ta.

Meh, who cares. He put in 3 appearances, did great in 2 of them and was average in his only 90 minutes.

He's no big loss and was shite in the reserves matches I saw.

We won the league without him.

Never got sucked in by the hype surrounding the boy as the next messiah if you would believe some on here.

Neither did i. I always found the hero worship on here of this boy to be ridiculous, what was it based on? shame we didn't get to see the player he could become but what could we do the boy has been recalled by his club. Good luck to him but i'm sure rangers will survive

Never got sucked in by the hype surrounding the boy as the next messiah if you would believe some on here.

Neither did i. I always found the hero worship on here of this boy to be ridiculous, what was it based on? shame we didn't get to see the player he could become but what could we do the boy has been recalled by his club. Good luck to him but i'm sure rangers will survive

The walls of civilisation are tumbling down as we speak...

How about the fact that he's done well for the reserves and is part of the Spanish under 21s squad, arguably the best footballing nation in the world at the moment?

Certainly a talent who i'd like to have seen be given more chances in the first team given that we've never had anyone settled on the left of midfield. We call out for wingers and he's one of two natural ones we have at the club.

With Aaron and Beasley both going, and presumably McCulloch and Adam too, we're going to have to make a signing or two there in the summer.

I'll crack the jokes :(

Anyway, i really wanted young Aaron to get a shot in the side but nothing really materialised. I think when Walter used everyone on the left hand side, then eventually Stevie Smith who was out injured for yonks and yonks and is beyond murder, ahead of him, he must have known his tea was out. It's upsetting that we would rather play hammer throwing cart horses ahead of young enthusiastic talented skillful boys. I'm not saying he would have drastically changed us, but at least give the lad a chance when you are trying players from all over the pitch on that left hand side, apart from the naturally left attacking player!!!!

I think this is 1 of the reasons why the OF have fallen so far behind the rest of Europe in terms of football play, but what can you do?

Good luck to the lad (tu)

Aaron said: "It was funny to watch the Champions League

Final recently because it brought back memories of playing in that stadium.

"Winning the SPL at Tannadice was a fantastic experience, it felt amazing because it was the first title I'd won in my career.

Honestly.

He will go on to be a great player with Valencia, fans on here, like boab etc. Will say " i told you so .. we should have signed him up "

but in reality he wouldnt be half the player he will be in 5 years time. If he had stayed with us.

Same as if we had sign van persie.. he wasnt going to be worth 25 million today.

thanks Wally-Saurus thanks if we even gave him a fucking chance to play instead of playing utter pish like McCulloch, Adam, Smith we would probably not be losing him

Playing him wouldn't change Valencia's financial problems. Hell, if Walter played Aaron every week and he was amazing, Valencia would still want him back.

thanks Wally-Saurus thanks if we even gave him a fucking chance to play instead of playing utter pish like McCulloch, Adam, Smith we would probably not be losing him

Playing him wouldn't change Valencia's financial problems. Hell, if Walter played Aaron every week and he was amazing, Valencia would still want him back.

He doesn't do logic when it comes to his obsession with our manager, i wouldn't waste your time trying to explain

Is this a definite? i thought we had first refusal on him anyway obviously too rich for us or was he really not good enough, suppose we won't find out untill he's featuring for Valencia or another team.