Who do you rate a Rangers Legend ?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Baxter, Greig, Gough. Cooper, McCoist,Sandy Jardine, Willie Waddle,Bill Struth.

Many fantastic players as Laudrup, Gazza, Butcher, were too short term to be real legends for me.

In the current squad only one player is a Rangers legend. Nacho Novo.

Ferguson could've been but he threw it away by being an arrogant, smarmy arsehole who thinks he's bigger than the club.

In recent years I would say only Prso and Novo qualify as legends.

There are many. Cooper was special of course. I grew up in the Jim Baxter days and for me he was the best football player Britain has produced. For Pele to say that he was in the same class as Jim sums it up.

Fergie would have been a legend.. but I wholeheartedly agree with the post above. He fucked up. Pure and simple. Shame really since he loves the club as much as we all do.

Gough deserves special mention as well. But THE legend? Easy.. Mr. Struth.

The two players I think about when thinking about legends are mostly Cooper and Laudrup, although I am too young to have every watched them play ... I remember I used to have a Laudrup video that I would watch every night without fail, and knew every single word and goal in it.

Big Rolf Harris' didgeridoo, a desire to win and do the best for his side.

Unmatched IMO.

A fantastic player and professional, Rolf Harris' didgeridoo Prso should be the benchmark for all budding RFC CF's.

Unmatched IMO.

A fantastic player and professional, Rolf Harris' didgeridoo Prso should be the benchmark for all budding RFC CF's.

:lol: :lol:

Unmatched IMO.

:lol: :lol:

:mutley:

Is an interesting one, Cooper (of course) and McCoist would be the ones I really saw play, then there are more before that.

Not sure about the current squad, i really cant see that many candidates. in the fullness of time, Fergie will be, regardless of peoples current opinions. Nacho has been a bit of an identifier with us, so, perhaps he would make it, theres no denying his love or impact.

Willie Henderson definately. Paul Gascoigne, there will only ever be one Gazza thats for sure :lol:

I would say Tommy McLean is possibly, he had about nine/ten years at the club I think. Granted not all good years, but he was in the treble sides of '76 and '78.