Who do you rate a Rangers Legend ?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the current squad only one player is a Rangers legend. Nacho Novo.

Ferguson could've been but he threw it away by being an arrogant, smarmy arsehole who thinks he's bigger than the club.

In recent years I would say only Prso and Novo qualify as legends.

agree 100% i liked big marv as well just for being a tryer lol even if he wasnt so good

as i was born 1992 mines are gazza mccoist prso novo

and my unsung hero and still best goalie ave seen

STEFAN KLOS

he was treat like shyt by big eck in his last years at ibrox

and the season of us winning league 2005 he should ave been the 1 with ricksen to lift the trophie as he was the club captain at the time but was out injured

Not right now but i think Kris Boyd will go down as a legend. If he stays a few more seasons and becomes the SPL's all time leading goal scorer then i'm sure people will remember him very fondly.

The true Rangers legend has to be "Mr Rangers" Bill Struth, As for players i'd go Greig, Shearer, Henderson, Baxter, Super Swally, Cooper, and Goughie. There's been others whos Heart was in the Club but didn't stick around long enough. Lauders left me with many great memories and was possibly Technically a better player but the lure of the premiership stopped him being a True great

Mr Jock Wallace.

Graeme Roberts.

Big Jock and Willie Waddell should have statues at Ibrox. :sherlock:

The Jock Wallace No Surrender Stand. Let the bheggars have it printed in bold on their away end tickets.

I think the term "Rangers Legend" is used much too often these days. IMO the only players who can truly be regarded as legends in the 40+ years I've been following Rangers are Jim Baxter, John Greig, Colin Stein, Davie Cooper and Ally McCoist. If Laudrup, Gascoigne, Hateley and Prso had stayed for a few more years they all might have made it, and Albertz too came pretty close. None of the current squad even come close to legend status, although if Boyd stays for another few years and scores an absolute avalanche of goals he might.

these are the lot i think of davie cooper, willie henderson, jim baxter, richard gough, mark hately, walter smith, john greig, brian laudrup, ally mccoist, sandy jardine, derek johnstone, paul gascoigne, bill struth, andy goram, jorg albertz( favourite player growing up very young still rememeber him 1sr name i had on back of shirt) alan morton, ralph brand, alex mcdonald, nacho novo, jock walalce.

AND: gordon durie(scored a hell of a lot of goals), ian durrant( scotlands gazza) and ian ferguson( rangegrs ryan giggs has the most medals i think)??

these 3 arent as wel remembered but are still club legends.

and i am sure there are others

loved amoruso as a younger fan and de boer, lovenkrands,klos etc dont think they make it into legendery status, prso