No Union Flag today at City Chambers?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yesterday Councillor Chalmers said it was the local authority’s policy not to allow flags to be raised on public streets.

I'd like them to explain the Gallowgate then. Not just flags, but FOREIGN flags.

Not flying the union flag was the council spitting directly in the faces of every one of they brave men and woman

there today and every single person who has ever defended our country.

I have never in my life heard of a countrys own flag, especially our flag, being called "provocative" within its own borders.

Provocative to who? People who obviously dont want to be here?

Yet a Tricolour and a Palestine flag fly on London road. Disgusting.

Yesterday Councillor Chalmers said it was the local authority’s policy not to allow flags to be raised on public streets.

Surely no eh? <cr>

I hadnt seen the article untill this thread. I'll write to them for all the good it will do but to be honest, would rather burn the place to the ground right now. Ragin :mad:

I'm absolutely lived they've claimed it's "provocative"!! Please write to them!!

http://www.glasgow.gov.uk/AF3int/an/defaul...ame=BwdERzsf9yh

Tick the "reply" box so you can see their pathetic excuse.

Just sent them an email, can't explain how pissed off this makes me. Can you imagine any country, anywhere in the world, whose elected officials would claim it's "provocative" to fly their own flag? <cr>

Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to modern Britain.

So we cant fly OUR OWN nations flag in Britain? This must be the only country in the world it is seen as provacitive to fly your own nations colours. An absaloute disgrace, they should be ashamed of themselves (td)

You bet it is the only country.

I suppose the big question is has this changed anyones mind about voting labour ... we do after all still living in a democracy and can kick these bums out (tu)

I doubt if it's changed anyone's mind - everyone will still not be voting labour (tu)

disgusting , who the fuck are they to say our flag is intimidating or offensive?obviously you wouldnt say that about your own flag so they must not see the union flag as their own,i think all council members /employees should be made to swear allegiance to Her Majesty every morning , or be shot where they stand for treason! in my dreams eh?

disgusting , who the fuck are they to say our flag is intimidating or offensive?obviously you wouldnt say that about your own flag so they must not see the union flag as their own,i think all council members /employees should be made to swear allegiance to Her Majesty every morning , or be shot where they stand for treason! in my dreams eh?

I like you more every post I read! :praise:

(tu) couldnt agree more

Our country is full of imagrant scum burn the lot of them and take back our country :uk:

or maybe just a ticket home would do instead, (tu) no up for burning anyone at the steak, but something needs to be done before we end up a third world country!