No Union Flag today at City Chambers?

It gets crazier by the day

We must be the only country in the world who publicly attempt to stop any show of national pride, heritage or hounor and oppress any citizens who wish to be proud of our nation and celebrate in our flags and standards.

It really is fucking commical.

I dont hate anyone for thier colour creed or religion. I might not agree with them. But I am fucked if I am going to be stopped celebrating my own culture in my own country by showing a union flag for fear of offending someone

If I decided to live in any other country in the world and was so offended by a show of national pride there, then I'd live somwhere else.

I have no issue with immigrants being in my country, I would love someone to let me know exactly which ones are offended.

Can anyone make up an icon like this :scot: but with a union flag or would that be offensive?

:uk: its in the box wi the smiley when you go to reply (tu)

Cheers

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speechless !

The only way to get rid of these people is to vote them out.

How can they dare say the Union flag is offensive...seriously...you should all be writing Gordon Brown.

I could just see the outrage here if the Stars and Stripes was not allowed to be flown..all hell would break loose. The flag is everything.

Absolutely sickened reading about that. King Kai is right - if that happened over here in the States, there would be all Hell to pay. The servicemen and women being honoured fought and died under the UJ, NOT the f***ing tricolour of ROI!!! :p20: Bugger that lot who are loathe to fly the flag of THEIR OWN COUNTRY. TFIO - you're MORE than welcome to leave.

THE LAW

21. NATIONAL FLAGS

The Union Flag and/or the Scottish Saltire Flag may be freely flown by any Scot or Scottish

Corporate body anywhere in Scotland, to demonstrate their nationality and allegiance. No special permission is required, and either or both may correctly be flown.

If thats the law how can the council say its povocative <cr>

They had better reply to me on this i'm still raging!!

a wee while back the perth cpuncil told some lady to remove the saltire from her sons window, think the reasons were it could offend anyone who may find it offensive, i find cmeltic offensive and certainly provocative when i see the hoops coming my way, if its an offence to indirectly offend someone i guess were all to blame, i offend lots of the scum when im in ma local watching a game

THE LAW

21. NATIONAL FLAGS

The Union Flag and/or the Scottish Saltire Flag may be freely flown by any Scot or Scottish

Corporate body anywhere in Scotland, to demonstrate their nationality and allegiance. No special permission is required, and either or both may correctly be flown.

If thats the law how can the council say its povocative <cr>

They had better reply to me on this i'm still raging!!

(tu) Good post mate.

Inverness put up this effort, at the town house, however the castle is just behind it, and flies The Union Flag proudly, but that has to do with it also housing the sheriff, district & high court's.

9812photo3.jpg

May I suggest we have a mass organised flag day outside the chambers?

Something like that would 1. certainly attract a lot of attention 2. Get right up GCC nose. 3. Show that a lot of people, want the Union flag flying.

im going a little off topic here,

I was up doing a job in duke street today and can i say well done to all the bears and bearettes that done a fantastic job decorating the street for armed forces day.

you are a credit to this country.

its a pitty glasgow city council couldnt take a leaf out of our book. :rolleyes::gerbad:

THE LAW 21. NATIONAL FLAGS

The Union Flag and/or the Scottish Saltire Flag may be freely flown by any Scot or Scottish Corporate body anywhere in Scotland, to demonstrate their nationality and allegiance. No special permission is required, and either or both may correctly be flown.

http://www.burkes-peerage.net/articles/sco...ws/es0901c.aspx

I have yet to recieve a reply to my complaint to GCC about how offended I was that they consider our flag to offensive to fly in our own country. I may have to go visit personally.

You have to leave up until 15 working days for a response according to their website. No doubt it will be the usual standard letter which we will all recieve, (tu)

Murphy on bbc there telling us how proud he is to be Scottish and how secure he feels being British as well ???? What a hard necked bhastard ! Wonder whats brought all this on ???? :rolleyes::sherlock:

Scottish labour MP's are the biggest buch of self serving basards there is. They put the interests of their careers ahead of the interests of Scotland and have been working to undermine the democratically elected Scottish government. Scottish labour=Scotland's shame.