No Union Flag today at City Chambers?

Hell, I bet you can fly a UJ in Iran even.

well, when i read the paper on wed-(saltire branded rascist,but only the sun),i was going shopping anyway, and so i thought i'll pick up a wee plain saltire,plain union jack,(have loads of both but no plain ones) since their both my flags and the foreign shop assistant tried to charge me a tenner (for spit thru snider wi bonnie scotland on it)so he couldny have found them that offensive,

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A couple of years ago I joined my local community council, along with another copule of Brothers.............

We notice there was no picture of the Queen anywhere to be found in the community centre, we ask if we

could hang one in the building as it used to be that all council buildings used to have one. We where told by

council officials that there was noway we could hang one asking why we where told it will cause offence to

others, asking and who will be offended we where told, oh I think you full well know who will be offended and

it was again council policy............needless to say none of us stayed around to long.........East Ayrshire council

is like most councils now its full of tims.

I suppose the big question is has this changed anyones mind about voting labour ... we do after all still living in a democracy and can kick these bums out (tu)

I doubt if it's changed anyone's mind - everyone will still not be voting labour (tu)

This is true ... most Bears probably haven't voted for the likes of murphy in the past anyway so it's not really much of a loss to him

A couple of years ago I joined my local community council, along with another copule of Brothers.............

We notice there was no picture of the Queen anywhere to be found in the community centre, we ask if we

could hang one in the building as it used to be that all council buildings used to have one. We where told by

council officials that there was noway we could hang one asking why we where told it will cause offence to

others, asking and who will be offended we where told, oh I think you full well know who will be offended and

it was again council policy............needless to say none of us stayed around to long.........East Ayrshire council

This makes me sick. What the hell is wrong with Britain?

Not much i can add really. It's just like living in crazy town. <cr>

Just a small point, i have been to many European countries following Rangers and not once have i seen anypne get hassled for waving a Union Flag. Infact, the Police anywhere i have been welcome it. Yet here on our OWN shores, the flag is seen as provocative.

Well let me tell you what is "provocative". Showing our brave fighting men and women the ultimate disrespect of them not being able to see the f;ag of their nation waving as they march past the City Chambers. While a mile down the road there are flags of foreign nations flying from pubs and buildings unchallenged.

You couldn't make it up. I will be complaining along with the rest of you. (tu)

East Ayrshire Council and Cumnock & Doon Valley Council before was always bias towards Catholics in the area. The best council house were always offered to Catholic families first.

One more reason that I don't believe in religion. It causes nothing but wars, fights and arguments.

As for religion and football... don't get me started there.

Britain for years now (Labour govt) has been slowly getting shafted by the PC brigade, the left wing, the do gooders, the jail birds, the junkies. How anyone living in Scotland can vote Labour I'll never know, theres never been anyone else in power apart from them and we are a disgrace. When you look at the stats for Scotland like health, poverty, crime etc, etc, I know I cant be alone in thinking how fucked up we are. The powers that be pander to the minority to the full althoug hthe benefits of this are yet to be discovered. It wont be long until we are living in some kind of Roger Waters nightmare (the wall)

No wonder the right wing are getting voted in, this is happening all over the UK where the voice of reason has been replaced by bleeding hearts and ponces.

We need revolution not devolution.

If this was happening say in France or Italy you would bet your bottom Euro their would be riots in the streets until the people had the power back in their own hands. We are an embarrassment as a nation, we really are.

These scum bastards vote Labour because Brown gives them all sorts of benefits and fucking handouts whats happening to us as a people allowing these scum to take over .

Furious, would even come close !

How in gods name can they get away with this?

My email:

Perhaps Councillor Chalmers could explain his comments that the UK flag, the Union Jack, could be seen as offensive and intimidating to people in this country?

Just who could find THEIR own contries flag offensive? Or does Concillor Chalmers and others in GGC, have a slight problem with our flag?

I find this statement from Councillor Chalmers, repugnant, and iinsulting to the many men and woman who have given their lives fighting for this country - Its Councillor Chalmers country too ! Perhaps he should remember that !

You actually couldnt make this up, but then again, would we expect anything else from a Labour politician?

Shame on you, and everyone else in GGC that supports this !

Do these idiots not realise that by doing this, it is only fuelling the 'Old Firm' divide?

We are Scottish, we live in Scotland. Our flag is the Saltire... we have evry right to fly that flag.

Scotland is part of the Union that makes up the United Kingdom. The UK's flag is the Union Flag, we have every right to fly that flag too.

Neither of these flag depict a religion. If you can't get that into your narrow minded skull, go and get an education.

It gets crazier by the day

We must be the only country in the world who publicly attempt to stop any show of national pride, heritage or hounor and oppress any citizens who wish to be proud of our nation and celebrate in our flags and standards.

It really is fucking commical.

I dont hate anyone for thier colour creed or religion. I might not agree with them. But I am fucked if I am going to be stopped celebrating my own culture in my own country by showing a union flag for fear of offending someone

If I decided to live in any other country in the world and was so offended by a show of national pride there, then I'd live somwhere else.

I have no issue with immigrants being in my country, I would love someone to let me know exactly which ones are offended.

Can anyone make up an icon like this :scot: but with a union flag or would that be offensive?

It gets crazier by the day

We must be the only country in the world who publicly attempt to stop any show of national pride, heritage or hounor and oppress any citizens who wish to be proud of our nation and celebrate in our flags and standards.

It really is fucking commical.

I dont hate anyone for thier colour creed or religion. I might not agree with them. But I am fucked if I am going to be stopped celebrating my own culture in my own country by showing a union flag for fear of offending someone

If I decided to live in any other country in the world and was so offended by a show of national pride there, then I'd live somwhere else.

I have no issue with immigrants being in my country, I would love someone to let me know exactly which ones are offended.

Can anyone make up an icon like this :scot: but with a union flag or would that be offensive?

:uk: its in the box wi the smiley when you go to reply (tu)