Whittaker - will Walter favour Broadfoot?

Danny

We all know Smith works in mysterious ways, and tbf last season it all worked out, but a major concern I have is that Broadfoot, despite his inability to play football, may regain his right back slot at the expense of Whittaker.

Now, I know Walter's on record as saying that Whittaker is one of the players he believes took a while to settle in, so that implies he believes he's achieved this now, and that he will remain as our first choice right back?

I hope so. I'd be absolutely appalled if Broadfoot returns to the fold and we see Whittaker benched.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope he stays in, I think Whittaker is beginning to excel at right back and could be a very important player this season.

Broadfoot is one of the worse players I have ever seen, I literally can't believe week after week he was getting games, the guy can't even cook and egg let alone play football.

I doubt it, in an interview earlier on in the month Walter had nothing but praise for Whitty and said he thought he was our most consistent player from january till the end of the season (which i agree with)

Yeah I'm sure I seen Walter speak about the likes of Whittaker and Lafferty, saying they needed a bit of time to settle in and find their feet, and now they have done that.

Whittaker was excellent towards the end of last season, despite an inconsistent start, as oppose to Broadfoot who was consistently dire throughout. Whittaker simply must keep his place!

Broadfoot is out for so long, so hopefully, Whittaker take this opportunity to make the RB his own, which I believe he has already gone a long way to doing... he showed against hibs and dundee utd towards the end of the season he can step up in important games and I think he can only improve from now on.

i dont think broadfoot let us down at rb but i think its whitakers shirt now and broadfoot kept as cover.dont shoot me for this unless you can name someone else who performed better at rb than him until the injury

People seem to forget that KB is a center half ( I didn't say a good one ) and not a right back. Perhaps young Jordan Mcmillan will be the alternate right back if SW gets injured. I think I read that KB is out until November.

Broadfoot is simply not good enough. Whittaker really came on to his game in the latter part of the season. And... that pass to Boydy for goal #3 -- when it mattered -- was on a plate. Perfect pass.

Always rated Whittaker. Terriric player and will only get better.

KB reached his peak while at St. Mirren. Good guy -- but... not a good enough player for the Rangers.

In an a ideal world where we had money to burn I would like a new RB in but we aren't in a ideal world so Steven should be out RB. Broadfoot is fucking horrendous and should be no where near the first team.

whittaker for sure would be appalled if he wasnt

saying that i think broadfoot is good enough to be kept around as back up, especailly with the current finacial situation

also i dont agree with the comments of we need a new RB, even in a ideal world where we had 15m to spend, RB would be one of the last places i would strengthen

broadfoot is back up now, whitts has made right back his own and he will become an excellent rangers player.

imho whittaker is outstanding and could do whatever he wanted in the game of football.

i hope we keep him for years n years, time is on his side.

i doubt it. This time last year i would have played broadfoot over whittaker as i thought whittaker was very poor but whittaker has improved immensely since christmas. He still has to work on his defending a bit more but he was starting to look like a decent player.

No chance Danny.

Walter doesn't spend that kinda money with a skint team on a back up.

In an odd way, Broadfoot's injury was a blessing.