Rangers to sign Danny Mills?

Frankie

Calm down not that Danny Mills... :ph34r:;)

We had a young striker from Crawley Town on trial last week and was wondering if anyone had anything about how successful it had been.

I know he flew back South on Friday then appeared as a sub against Chelsea Reserves for Crawley but don't know if he's coming back for another trial.

Kane Hemmings seems to have made a decent impression having come from non-league English football so it is interesting that we seem to be actively scouting these teams.

There's been a few we've got from the lower leagues in England.

Tom Miller who couldn't get a game for Norwich due to Roeder's incompetence (Norwich fans' words, not mine) and was snapped up by us. They rated him highly but were fed up being babysitters for EPL clubs.

Kane Hemmings from Tamworth, who they reckon is the best player to come out their youth system in generations. I think he's still 16, but plays at U19 lvel.

Elfideldo rates both players I think, definitely Hemmings anyway.

CRAWLEY TOWN youngster Danny Mills will spend the next few days with Scottish League champions Glasgow Rangers.

The 6ft 4ins striker impressed Rangers officials at the Reds pre-season friendly against Albion Rovers last Saturday and was invited to train with them this week.

Mills joined the Crawley youth team at the start of last season and finished their top scorer with 26 goals.

He is now in his first year as a professional at Broadfield and his manager Steve Evans feels spending time with Rangers will be a big benefit to his development.

Evans told the club's website: "Young Millsy is still developing and what he has is the raw potential to be a very good professional footballer.

"He has made significant progress over the last year, particularly the last few months where he has worked daily with the first team squad.

"Danny will spend a few days with Glasgow Rangers it will gain him some terrific experience and he will fly back on Friday evening to be part of the squad that will face Chelsea at the Broadfield on Saturday."

http://www.thenonleaguefootballpaper.com/a...144&sud=216

About threw the laptop at the wall there.

He's a fucking monster.

The 6ft4 and still growing young striker from London joined the youth team at the start of their title winning season 08/09 and finished top scorer on 26 goals.

Danny started the season really well scoring in his first games elevating him into the first team picture to make his debut in the Blue Square Premier from the bench on 15th November v Cambridge United .

The 2009/10 season sees Danny join the club on a full time basis and he will be hoping to be in and around the 1st team and playing regularly for the reserves in order to push on and become part of the management teams regular match day squad.

http://crawleytownfc.com/playerdetails.php?ID=138

Tom Miller who couldn't get a game for Norwich due to Roeder's incompetence (Norwich fans' words, not mine) and was snapped up by us. They rated him highly but were fed up being babysitters for EPL clubs.

Is he still at the club?

I remember hearing about him when he signed but nothing after that.

Kane Hemmings seems to have made a decent impression having come from non-league English football so it is interesting that we seem to be actively scouting these teams.

Scouting. Us?

Come on Frankie, everybody knows about the incompetant Rangers scouts who rely on SkySports news and youtube as their main source of player info :rolleyes:

*Removes sarcastic hat*

Is he still at the club?

I remember hearing about him when he signed but nothing after that.

aye, he's still at the club...

However the reason why nobody has heard much about him is because soon after joining from Norwich, he suffered a chronic knee ligament injury and has had problems ever since....

Wonder when he will be back....

There was a bit about this in the sunday papers. Crawley Town are managed by Stevie Evans a big t****** and bend as a nine bob note. He is saying that Rangers the mhanky mob and Premiership teams are stiffing about the boy. F.F.S. the boy has only started three games for a non league team

he is a massive guy for his age, we could be doing with a 6ft 4 striker even if he comes on loan to see how he gets on,

to be honest never heard of him but he is a cheap option! which is what we will be going for if we go for anything!