Hutton to Villa/Everton

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I bet if Hutton was not Scottish he would have been given more of a chance under 'arry

I disagree, Harry has praised Scottish players in the past.

Really? Never seen that.

He was in one of the papers asking where all the great scottish wingers had went not long ago.

Said there was no wingers like Scottish Wingers :pipe:

There aint no party like an S-club party.

any thoughts on why 'arry aint very keen on him?

i have a hunch that 'arry likes old school full backs like lee dixon etc, which defending is 80% of their attributes

He didn't think he was "solid" enough and preferred the more reliable Corluka or Chimbonda.

He basically just didn't rate him I guess, which is strange because we all know Alan is a top player. I really want to see him do well in the EPL, hopefully he will get a game week in week out, Villa or elsewhere.

I bet if Hutton was not Scottish he would have been given more of a chance under 'arry

Don't agree with that. He just hasn't performed under Harry Redknapp.

As for a move to Villa, well it would be an extremly good move for him. Aston Villa (especially under O'Neil) are a team on the up and Hutton would only benefit them. A chance to get regular game time will benefit him and Scotland.

There is the one tiny possibility that Hutton actually isn't as good as we thought he is. Which would surprise me greatly, but that a 10M signing has been ignored under 'Arry suggests he maybe isn't as good as was originally thought.

There is the one tiny possibility that Hutton actually isn't as good as we thought he is. Which would surprise me greatly, but that a 10M signing has been ignored under 'Arry suggests he maybe isn't as good as was originally thought.

Not for me, he hasnt even been given a chance in terms of a run in the team.

The way I saw it, Harry just decided he didn't like him as a player and that was that. He's looked decent every time I've seen him on the rare occasion he did get a start for Spurs... not to mention the fact that every Scotland game he still looks like the best player on the pitch!

I don't think so Danny......

I would say it's more the case of new manager wanting his own man. Hutton has always been a good player. A few bad months under eck/leguen and people forget he was also a good player pre injury as well as under Walter.

Redknapp is making a mistake and at £5 million i only wish we had the cash to go for him. I would currently put him as the best scottish player around right now......

Bingo (tu)

Don't get me wrong Hutton's a decent enough player, but some people seem to be overlooking just how big a factor confidence and good form can prove to be.

Hutton had both in spades during that year with us, but since he joined Tottenham both have gradually dwindled.

I would say it's more the case of new manager wanting his own man. Hutton has always been a good player. A few bad months under eck/leguen and people forget he was also a good player pre injury as well as under Walter.

Redknapp is making a mistake and at £5 million i only wish we had the cash to go for him. I would currently put him as the best scottish player around right now......

I also disagree.

If he was given more freedom and a run of games, he'd be one of the best RB's in that league.

You don't dominate teams like Lyon, Italy and Stuttgart if you're not that good.

I also disagree.

If he was given more freedom and a run of games, he'd be one of the best RB's in that league.

You don't dominate teams like Lyon, Italy and Stuttgart if you're not that good.

(tu)

Bingo (tu)

Don't get me wrong Hutton's a decent enough player, but some people seem to be overlooking just how big a factor confidence and good form can prove to be.

Hutton had both in spades during that year with us, but since he joined Tottenham both have gradually dwindled.

I thought he'd only had a couple of ropey games since he went to Spurs?

Was his injuries not the main reason he hasn't featured laterly?

I also disagree.

Seconded this,

He's a quality player who needs a manager that believes in his abilities. We're also forgetting that the step up from the SPL to the Premiership is a big one, so it's not unreasonable to suggest that Hutton just needs consistent playing time and luck with injuries.

I don't think he's the second coming of Cafu either by the way.

Neither do I think that Ramos or Redknapp have allowed him to express himself completely on the Premiership stage yet.

Don't agree with that. He just hasn't performed under Harry Redknapp.

As for a move to Villa, well it would be an extremly good move for him. Aston Villa (especially under O'Neil) are a team on the up and Hutton would only benefit them. A chance to get regular game time will benefit him and Scotland.

As much as I dislike O'Neill, he does seem to get the best out of his players and I think Hutton will thrive there.

I hate the thought of players i like playing for that bigoted wee scumbag

Would you like Saint Martin if he became Rangers manager?

Just wondering, since you seem to have so much time for another ex-scummer in Kenny Miller :P

I hate the thought of players i like playing for that bigoted wee scumbag

Would you like Saint Martin if he became Rangers manager?

Just wondering, since you seem to have so much time for another ex-scummer in Kenny Miller :P

I think the point you are missing is martin would never have managed Rangers as he is a bigoted wee scumbag

Bingo (tu)

The only reason they have dwindled is because he wasn't the first choice RB - it was never due to his form. ]

As soon as Harry became Spurs manager, it was pretty clear that Hutton was not in his plans and this is nothing to do with his performances or ability, only Harry personal preference as far as I'm concerned.