When do you support England?

Tumshie

Following on from the 'Can't support Scotland' thread was just wondering if and when you will support England. Personally I like seeing the English and the Welsh and Northern Irish for that matter to do well in almost all sports.

I want England to beat Australia at the Ashes and didn't mind it when they won the rugby World Cup.

The only thing that i can't be bothered with is at football. It must be the commentators and the spirit of 66 and all that but everytime it comes on the box I want England to get pumped everytime.

Anyone else feel the same?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quick Answer - NEVER

I don't hate them as such (commentators and smug London gits aside) but as I am Scottish why in Lords name would I support another country.

Thats not to say I have any time for tossers like The Tartan Army and sheep shaggers but still doesn't warrant actively wishing England well.

I hope this won't degenerate into a 'Support Rangers therefore must support England' pish

Premiership is my favourite league, and I really respect English players like Terry and Lampard. So as a football fan, I love watching England play because they're so good.

I wanted England to win the T20, but I'm not really bothered about them winning the Ashes.

I like to see all home nations do well,i used to sit wi ma granny and shout on England but since she died it's just a passing interest now.

My country is Scotland and they are my no.1 but i'm also British and like the others to do well.

Never really but at the same time, don't hate their national teams at all.

Part of me likes them to do well in the big Football tournaments due to my interest in the Premiership and the English passion for the game however I don't wish the English National team to win a trophy.

As a Scottish guy who grew up in England, I absolutely despise England in any Sport, but of course football the most.

They are so arrogant in the media and my friends constantly tell me how they always have the best players in the world and how they are always gonna win the world cup, plus there is the constant "scotland are shite argument"

I find it amazing that anyone scottish can like England in any way, but I suppose if you don't have to live witht them every day and put up with their BS, it's not as bad.

I will never want England to win anything the way they are when the media talks about them is annoying. I support Scotland and no part in my body will ever want England to win..... even if its a game of Tiddlewinks im backing whoever there playing.

I cant stand the media circus regarding it, cant stand the fucking bbc and cant stand the barmy army, honest to god i fucking want to see them get humped at football. its a shame coz i like the players and im sure i would like every member of the barmy army if i met them indivudually just collectively theyre a shower of cunts that i just cant understand and cant support no matter what

When they play cricket.

This answer right here.

While I don't support their football team I'm not overly bothered when they win either.

And any English man or woman representing Britain gets my full support.