Who should be between the sticks this weekend?

JR

Keeper for next game  

158 members have voted

1. 1. Next game's keeper...?

• Stick with McGregor
    • Alexander should be in there

Do you think that Alexander should get the nod, or stick with McGregor for this weekend?

Just curious, the debate has been doing the rounds at my work as some feel Alexander has been unlucky not to start anyway this season, and some feel McGregor's confidence would nosedive and he'd be sold if we dropped him now.

I wish we could fuse them both for the ultimate goalie :D

Without McGregor's cock up and brilliant save, it would still have been a Hearts goal. Alexander wouldn't have saved that, but he wouldn't have made that mess either.

I'd like to stick with McGregor - remember he's been out the first team for a while and needs time to get form back. Even the best goalkeepers lose form - Casillas, Buffon, Dida, and Cech have all had spells of poor displays.

although i have always said greegs should be the number 1 i do feel for alexander a wee bit but the shirt was originaly greegs and he must keep it and the fans myst be with him, cant drop him for one mistake expecially when he did make a cracker of a save, let him get back t where he was and we shouldnt need threads about the 2 keepers anymore

Without McGregor's cock up and brilliant save, it would still have been a Hearts goal. Alexander wouldn't have saved that, but he wouldn't have made that mess either.

I'd like to stick with McGregor - remember he's been out the first team for a while and needs time to get form back. Even the best goalkeepers lose form - Casillas, Buffon, Dida, and Cech have all had spells of poor displays.

Danny, how do you know Alexander would not have made the first mistake, and would not have saved the one Shagger did? It's simple. You don't.

You can't drop a keeper for a mistake like that......

Alexander was dropped without a mistake, Smith 2nd kick in the chuckies for him.

Alexander was dropped because it's smiths opinion that Mcgregor is the better keeper, Walter is entitled to that opinion how vere unfair you, or me, think that is on Alexander

I'd had enough of McGregor after that simply awful mistake at the weekend, but his save more than made up for it.

He'll be given the gloves this weekend.

One more mistake and he's history though!

I'd had enough of McGregor after that simply awful mistake at the weekend, but his save more than made up for it.

Agree with this.

Totally unfair that Alexander was dropped though in my opinion.

Agree with this.

Totally unfair that Alexander was dropped though in my opinion.

Oh aye, I agree, but if Smith thinks he's the better keeper than we can't argue. McGregor at his best is better than Alexander at his best (IMO), so I can understand it.

Shagger has put himself in a very precarious position now. If he has one more mistake in the near future, people will be baying for his blood.

Danny, how do you know Alexander would not have made the first mistake, and would not have saved the one Shagger did? It's simple. You don't.

Well the fact he's made few or no mistakes in around 30 appearances for us but hasn't made any Hollywood saves either suggests I am using history as an example of what he is capable of.

Alexander should never have been dropped in the first place.

However, If he drops McGregor for Saturday he will almost certainly destroy his confidence.

You cant just go about awapping your keeper every week, it doesnt work. Hes made his choice, now he has to stick by his number 1.

Alexander should never have been dropped in the first place.

However, If he drops McGregor for Saturday he will almost certainly destroy his confidence.

You cant just go about awapping your keeper every week, it doesnt work. Hes made his choice, now he has to stick by his number 1.

also thought Alexander should have been in since the start of the season but weve already got the ball rolling with McGregor so until he makes a mistake or two which costs us a game, he'll retain the gloves.

An on form McGregor is better than Alexander anyway in my opinion, lets just hope he reaches the level of performance we should all know he's capable of.