Who should be between the sticks this weekend?

JR

Keeper for next game  

158 members have voted

1. 1. Next game's keeper...?

• Stick with McGregor
    • Alexander should be in there

Voted McGregor.

Disagree with the "winning formula" comment though.

It wasn't down to McGregor that we grabbed a last minute penalty winner.

Though I do believe he is technically the better goalkeeper

I wish we could fuse them both for the ultimate goalie :D

Without McGregor's cock up and brilliant save, it would still have been a Hearts goal. Alexander wouldn't have saved that, but he wouldn't have made that mess either.

I'd like to stick with McGregor - remember he's been out the first team for a while and needs time to get form back. Even the best goalkeepers lose form - Casillas, Buffon, Dida, and Cech have all had spells of poor displays.

Danny, how do you know Alexander would not have made the first mistake, and would not have saved the one Shagger did? It's simple. You don't.

Well the fact he's made few or no mistakes in around 30 appearances for us but hasn't made any Hollywood saves either suggests I am using history as an example of what he is capable of.

I'd say he hasn't really been called on to make the Hollywood saves,as he has a better understanding with his defence,hence less f#ck ups at the back. (tu)

Also his ditribution(I know we agree on this) is truely diabolical,punt up the middle 99% of the time,turn over rate about 80%. doh

Maybe Walter is actually showcasing him. :unsure:

alexander for me, he should never hav been dropped in the first place

Seconded. He'd come in and done a stand-out job for McGregor twice in two seasons, showing class and talent that a lot of us didn't expect to see, and he still can't get a break. McGregor was at fault for the goal and I reckon Alex would have saved it. Can't afford to give away stupid goals this season.

You can't drop a keeper for a mistake like that......

Why the fake was Alexander DROPPED youre no making sense wee man.

Alexander was dropped after all he has done over last TWO season made saves in both league cup final and uefa semi and you defend Shagger for that abortion on sunday away ya go

I say it all the time on here and I'll say it again.

I can't stand McGregor and want him sold. Bring back Alexander (tu)

Couldn't agree more - The Edinburgh Ned is quite simply an embarassment to the club. NA on the other hand is a true professional, a great ambassador and, most importantly, a good keeper to boot.

Stick with McGregor fair enough he was at fault for the Hearts goal but he did make up for it in my opinion, i also think it's good to keep a goalkeeper and back 4 basically the same as they have more understanding when the play regurarlly together.. rather than this chopping and changing nonsense (he's also in my Scottish Sun Dream Team :P

I say it all the time on here and I'll say it again.

I can't stand McGregor and want him sold. Bring back Alexander (tu)

Couldn't agree more - The Edinburgh Ned is quite simply an embarassment to the club. NA on the other hand is a true professional, a great ambassador and, most importantly, a good keeper to boot.

So you wouldn't have had our Oldham Ned in goal during our 9IAR going by that?

at the end of the day, McGregor will start, and it isn't about who's the most inform goalkeeper.

its the fact that Alexander will never be a £5m goalkeeper, whilst McGregor playing consistently could command such a fee, so it would be crazy to drop him. They are looking to improve McGregor's value for a potential sale within the current deadline or to sell in January, bottom line.

we know Alexander is plenty good enough to be our number 1, so it makes perfect sense.

at the end of the day, McGregor will start, and it isn't about who's the most inform goalkeeper.

its the fact that Alexander will never be a £5m goalkeeper, whilst McGregor playing consistently could command such a fee, so it would be crazy to drop him. They are looking to improve McGregor's value for a potential sale within the current deadline or to sell in January, bottom line.

we know Alexander is plenty good enough to be our number 1, so it makes perfect sense.

I agree this situation is most probably influenced by his future sale tag. However, regardless of potential value I still believe it's a disgrace that Alexander didn't start the season. An exemplary professional who has barely put a foot wrong when called upon. Unlike his counterpart who re-inforces my opinion of him on a weekly basis. His arse collapses whenever he has to execute a punch and his good 'shot stopping' ability is debateable after Tynecastle. The 'better keeper' arguement is wearing thin now and I wouldn't blame Alexander if he handed in a transfer request as seeing that wee tadger McGregor get a game before him must be soul destroying!