Jerome Rothen signs for Rangers

BLUEDIGNITY

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Can he play in Champions League ye? He looks good.

He only played in a Champions League final!

I mean is he allowed to play in CL for us, I thought there was a deadline we needed to sign him before so he can play in Europe. Maybe im thinking of Arshavin when he signed for Arsenal and couldnt play in CL.

Arshavin was cup-tied as Zenit played in the group stage of last year's CL, where we would have been if we'd gubbed them in Manchester.

The English team that was in for Rothen was Blackburn according to an earlier source on here or BBC. Canie mind which one.

I don't think we will see him bursting to the byeline and whipping in cross after cross tbh.

why not? he is incredably fit and has done this all his life

Hopefully we give him a bit more freedom as he can really go and hurt teams, but I just think we will see Walter utilisie him in a position similar to Smith at the tail end of last season: getting on the ball, and whipping it into the box early.

TBH i don't think many people here actually watch French football and are up to date with his form. Myself included. We all know he was quality during his Monaco days, many people here linking videos and so on, but most haven't asked the big questions. What is he like as a player now?

To be dropped from PSG must mean he's clearly not at his best.

I hope he does well and actually gets a game. For now though I'm not going to get too excited until he preforms on the pitch.

TBH i don't think many people here actually watch French football and are up to date with his form. Myself included. We all know he was quality during his Monaco days, many people here linking videos and so on, but most haven't asked the big questions. What is he like as a player now?

To be dropped from PSG must mean he's clearly not at his best.

I hope he does well and actually gets a game. For now though I'm not going to get too excited until he preforms on the pitch.

Two Champions League finalists in our team can't be anything but good though, surley?

Isn't he a free kick taker too? Many of us, myself included, having been crying out for a decent set-piece taker for as long as I can remember.

Rothen turned down an English club according to Jim White.

Blackburn it was ;).

He never "turned them down" from what i've read.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2009...-a-priority-for

TBH when the schalke deal fell through i think he suddenly realized that there wasn't anything left for him and he would rot in the reserves for a year.

I think he's pretty dam lucky to get this move.