Broadfoot for Centre Half ?

costablancabear

Broadfoot or Dave Weir ?  

156 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Kirk could fill Dave Weir's boots when he returns ?

• Kirk with Bougherra (when fit)
    • Stick with Dave Weir and Bougherra
    • neither - we need a new centre back

I am a great fan of Kirk Broadfoot, not just because I also come from Drongan in Ayrshire originally, but because I know how much Rangers means to him and all his family.

He started out playing schoolboy fitbaw with Kris Boyd and then progressed with a lot of hard work and training - when his pals were away out drinking - he was training hard.

I think he would be a great Centre Back alongside Bougherra, Dave Weir is looking slower all the time and I feel that Kirk has enough experience to handle the pressure ( remember he was St Mirren Captain at this position - and yes I know it is a big step)

If you think back Richard Gough started out at Right Back for Dundee United before becoming one of our best ever Defenders.................So what do you think Bears - Is Kirk a good option or would you stick with Dave Weir ?

I also feel that Rangers could keep Dave Weir as a player/coach to help the defenders and the up and coming youth !

What do you think ?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a great fan of Kirk Broadfoot, not just because I also come from Drongan in Ayrshire originally, but because I know how much Rangers means to him and all his family.

He started out playing schoolboy fitbaw with Kris Boyd and then progressed with a lot of hard work and training - when his pals were away out drinking - he was training hard.

I think he would be a great Centre Back alongside Bougherra, Dave Weir is looking slower all the time and I feel that Kirk has enough experience to handle the pressure ( remember he was St Mirren Captain at this position - and yes I know it is a big step)

If you think back Richard Gough started out at Right Back for Dundee United before becoming one of our best ever Defenders.................So what do you think Bears - Is Kirk a good option or would you stick with Dave Weir ?

I also feel that Rangers could keep Dave Weir as a player/coach to help the defenders and the up and coming youth !

What do you think ?

Is that you rab?

I think Lee McCulloch actually has more natural ability than him.

You can't fault Captain Kirk for effort and passion, but then again, if I played for Rangers you wouldn't fault me for any of those either. Sadly, neither of us are good enough.

Everyone makes mistakes, but if i remember he played cb v Celtic at Ibrox when we lost 1-0 when he was caught out by Scott Madonald when scoring.

I would not write off the suggestion totally though as he had some storming performances at St Mirren, if i remember one of his last games was against Dundee United and one paper scored him a 10, Daily Broadfoot?

Wouldnt feel comfortable with Kirk at CB to be honest.

He's one of several players at the club who really shouldny be there, but financial circumstances mean we're stuck with him - i.e. we canny afford better!

Christ some threads in the BD are bordering on the ridiculous

????????? He played with Boughy at the start of last season and never put a foot wrong - he played in the Champions League at Left Back and again never put a foot wrong SO your sarcastic comments towards this idea are a bit OTT IMO he is better than McCulloch surely ?

Christ some threads in the BD are bordering on the ridiculous

????????? He played with Boughy at the start of last season and never put a foot wrong - he played in the Champions League at Left Back and again never put a foot wrong SO your sarcastic comments towards this idea are a bit OTT IMO he is better than McCulloch surely ?

When did broadfoot play at left back in the Champions league??? He never came into the team til Hutton left and that was in the UEFA Cup. His positional sense is awful, his passing is poor and he can't defend. Broadfoot's an honest player n he gives 100% which you can't fault but he's simply not good enough

I would be absolutely petrified about putting him at CB :anguish:

See also: McDonald and Old Firm Goal.

What annoys me is that everyone jumps on this, but answer me this where were the rest of the defense that allowed the ball to get through to McDonald, and lets be honest Broadfoot isn't the only player McDonald has did that to.

Kirk Broadfoot always seems to get Brushed a side. and get's called shite and that he has no ability. Kirk Broadfoot could get into this Rangers team. If steven Whittaker can get a place at Right Back so can Broadtfoot. But I would stick with Weir ad Bougherra at Centre Back and when Broadfoot is fit i would put him at Right back.