***The Official Rangers v Celtc Thread***

Muff

• Replies 858
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure why people want Naismith dropped after what I thought was a very good performance last night? Boyd and Miller up front are :anguish:

Agreed, Naismith did very well indeed. Although I thought Boyd did well when he came on last night. Some good hold-up play from Boyd. Also Novo should be considered.

I support Sevilla and I must say the result was injust yesterday. Especially since Rangers was denied a penalty that to me seemed quite clear and would have changed the game and outcome no doubt. Your players fought until the end despite the result whitch I highly respect. Also the fans who stayed behind the team 'till the final whistle make the club bigger in spirit than for example Real Madrid is.

I'd play Boyd. I've noticed something with him, we always say he needs a partner to do all the leg-work for him, and that is when Boyd becomes lazy and anonymous. Whenever he is played throught he middle himself, he works like a fucker! Because he knows he has to.

Mendes is lucky we have no one to come on for him, as he deserves to be dropped.

--------------McGregor---------------

-Whittaker-Weir-Bougherra-Papac-

---------------McCulloch-------------

----------Davis----Thomson--------

----Novo-------Boyd------Naismith-

That's what i wish just now.

-------------mcgregor-----------

whittaker-bougherra-weir-papac

-----------thomson----------------

-------davis-mendes----------

--novo-naismith-rothen------

OR

-------------mcgregor-----------

whittaker-bougherra-weir-papac

-----------thomson----------------

-------davis-mendes----------

----novo-lafferty-naismith------

is lafferty going to be back if so i would play him through the middle with naismith out wide instead of rothen.

I'd play Boyd. I've noticed something with him, we always say he needs a partner to do all the leg-work for him, and that is when Boyd becomes lazy and anonymous. Whenever he is played throught he middle himself, he works like a fucker! Because he knows he has to.

Mendes is lucky we have no one to come on for him, as he deserves to be dropped.

(tu)

Thing that confuses me with this thread is.... after a quick read through the forum today, it would appear that every player we have is shit and doesnt deserve to wear the jersey, plus, we should sack the management team... so, the only team that deserves to be sent out, is....

The youth side, with Durrant managing them, it would seem.

(tu)

I don't think that's the issue with Boyd.

Firstly, I didn't think I'd ever see the phrase 'works like a fucker' ever used when describing the big man.

Secondly, the reason he can't play at the tip of an attacking three is that the ball rarely sticks with him. He's terrible in the air for his size, he dives onto his knees if he loses the ball and it's just not ideal if he's flanked by two smaller players.

Is Lafferty back?! :pipe:

Secondly, the reason he can't play at the tip of an attacking three is that the ball rarely sticks with him. He's terrible in the air for his size, he dives onto his knees if he loses the ball and it's just not ideal if he's flanked by two smaller players.

The two bold statements go together ;)

Looks to have put in some work over the summer, something which doesn't go together with Mr Boyd ;)

You can only judge on what you've seen, and after Lafferty's performance against Poland, he looks far better at this point in time.

Looks to have put in some work over the summer, something which doesn't go together with Mr Boyd ;)

You can only judge on what you've seen, and after Lafferty's performance against Poland, he looks far better at this point in time.

True, he did look alot better, but did he not always do really well with NI?

I just think he still really needs to work on his headers for his size :pipe:

True, he did look alot better, but did he not always do really well with NI?

I just think he still really needs to work on his headers for his size :pipe:

In fairness, I can't remember the last time ANY of our strikers scored a ripping header.

In fairness, I can't remember the last time ANY of our strikers scored a ripping header.

I can't remember the last time we score from a free-kick direct, had a player who could provide us with width & who could take on a man and put a ball in (well I can haha, it was Neil Mccann), the list could go on :(

we will see

:mcgregor:

:whittaker: :weir: :bougherra: :papac:

:davis: :mendes: :thomson: :rothen:

:Naismith: :miller: / :lafferty:

i would go with,

:mcgregor:

:whittaker: :weir: :bougherra: :ssmith:

:davis: :thomson: :rothen:

:Naismith: :boyd: :miller:

we are at home so we should go for 3 up top.