***The Official St. Johnstone v Rangers Thread***

Muff

• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see why this will be a tough game to be honest. Celtic hammered them at Parkhead, it was 5-2 going on 8-2. We should be going out 4-3-3

After all our 0-0 draws you expect an easy game Jamie? I hope you are right, but that does not seem to be the Rangers way recently. Any win will do me after all those 0-0 draws.

I don't see why this will be a tough game to be honest. Celtic hammered them at Parkhead, it was 5-2 going on 8-2. We should be going out 4-3-3

After all our 0-0 draws you expect an easy game Jamie? I hope you are right, but that does not seem to be the Rangers way recently. Any win will do me after all those 0-0 draws.

Sadly, easy rarely seems to be the Gers way, does it? I'd love us to thrash them as well, but I'll take the 3 points any way we can grab them. Also agree w/ Allanger above - seems like this break has lasted forever! Can't wait for them to get stuck back in.

:pierre:
:pierre: :pierre: :pierre: :pierre:
:pierre: :pierre: :pierre:

Maybe bring :pierre: or :pierre: on for :pierre: and switch :pierre: with :pierre: and I would be confident :pierre: and :pierre: will link up well and nick a few goals.

Maybe bring :pierre: or :pierre: on for :pierre: and switch :pierre: with :pierre: and I would be confident :pierre: and :pierre: will link up well and nick a few goals.

french-french-paris-france-smiley-emotic

french-french-paris-france-smiley-emoticfrench-french-paris-france-smiley-emoticfrench-french-paris-france-smiley-emoticfrench-french-paris-france-smiley-emotic

french-french-paris-france-smiley-emoticfrench-french-paris-france-smiley-emoticfrench-french-paris-france-smiley-emoticfrench-french-paris-france-smiley-emotic

french-french-paris-france-smiley-emoticfrench-french-paris-france-smiley-emotic

french-french-paris-france-smiley-emotic

french-french-paris-france-smiley-emoticfrench-french-paris-france-smiley-emotic

:anguish:

Not in the Bears Den too?! doh

Rangers have dropped defender Madjid Bougherra for Saturday's SPL game against St Johnstone.

The 26-year-old Algerian was due back at Ibrox on Wednesday following World Cup duty with the national side but did not appear until Friday.

Rangers manager Walter Smith has omitted Bougherra from the squad travelling to Perth.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ers/8312046.stm

:anguish:

I hate squad principle.

Also, god im rough. :pierre:

Lindsay Herron reports from McDiarmid Park

WALTER SMITH has been forced into a reshuffle of his side for today's St Johnstone clash with Madjid Bougherra and Pedro Mendes both missing.

Bougherra had problems returning to this country after playing for Algeria in the World Cup last weekend and has not travelled to Perth with the squad.

He only got back last night and was told to remain at home. It is unclear exactly why he was not able to get back earlier in the week.

Mendes, meanwhile, suffered a thigh strain while on interntional duty with Portugal and has not been risked given that Rangers are in Champions League action on Tuesday night against Unirea Urziceni.

That means Kevin Thomson and Lee McCulloch come into the centre of midfield.

However, Kyle Lafferty is in for his first start of the season and will partner Kris Boyd up front in a 4-4-2 formation.

The absence of Bougherra means Sasa Papac continues at centre back with Stevie Smith moving to left back and Jerome Rothen coming in at left midfield.

RANGERS: McGregor; Whittaker, Weir, Papac, Smith; Davis, McCulloch, Thomson, Rothen; Boyd, Lafferty.

SUBS: Alexander, Novo, Naismith, Miller, Fleck, Loy, McMillan.

http://www.rangers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/He...1828557,00.html

Papac Centrally :anguish: Lee in the Midfield :anguish: No Bougherra :anguish:

Nice to see a Boyd/Lafferty partnership though!

That back 4 done fine against Celtic, Boab. Don't worry.

We won aye, but Stevie Smith wasn't great defensively, Davie Weir looked a little lacking and Papac was a liability...

Lindsay Herron reports from McDiarmid Park

WALTER SMITH has been forced into a reshuffle of his side for today's St Johnstone clash with Madjid Bougherra and Pedro Mendes both missing.

Bougherra had problems returning to this country after playing for Algeria in the World Cup last weekend and has not travelled to Perth with the squad.

He only got back last night and was told to remain at home. It is unclear exactly why he was not able to get back earlier in the week.

Mendes, meanwhile, suffered a thigh strain while on interntional duty with Portugal and has not been risked given that Rangers are in Champions League action on Tuesday night against Unirea Urziceni.

That means Kevin Thomson and Lee McCulloch come into the centre of midfield.

However, Kyle Lafferty is in for his first start of the season and will partner Kris Boyd up front in a 4-4-2 formation.

The absence of Bougherra means Sasa Papac continues at centre back with Stevie Smith moving to left back and Jerome Rothen coming in at left midfield.

RANGERS: McGregor; Whittaker, Weir, Papac, Smith; Davis, McCulloch, Thomson, Rothen; Boyd, Lafferty.

SUBS: Alexander, Novo, Naismith, Miller, Fleck, Loy, McMillan.

http://www.rangers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/He...1828557,00.html

Papac Centrally :anguish: Lee in the Midfield :anguish: No Bougherra :anguish:

Nice to see a Boyd/Lafferty partnership though!

McCulloch, Thomson, in midfield so Davis will be the only creative player there. Will we eventually score when Rothen is on the park? Now this has become a tough game for us.