Prodan's son supports Rangers

Poetry_In_Blue

I love reading stories like this, good lad :21:

I HARDLY WORE A GERS STRIP ... BUT MY SON NEVER TAKES HIS OFF ; Prodan Jnr is a Massive Ibrox Fan and Wants Win Over Romanians

By David McCarthy; Alex O'Henley

DANIEL PRODAN spent two and a half years at Ibrox and never got to wear a Rangers jersey in the first team. But his boy is more than making up for that disappointment.

In fact, the former Romanian international's son Razvan is so Rangers daft Prodan has a tough time getting a Light Blue shirt off his back at bedtime.

Razvan may be just 10 but already knows who he will support all his life.

It isn't Steaua Bucharest, where his dad started a career that saw him win 54 caps. It certainly isn't Unirea Urziceni, the Romanian top dogs who visit Scotland on Tuesday in the Champions League. Not when they are coming to take on Rangers.

Young Prodan might not remember much of his time in Glasgow but knows he was born there and that his dad, despite a serious knee injury killing his Rangers career, loved the club. That is enough for Razvan - and why there is no question of where hisloyalty will lie next week.

Daniel, now 37 and working as sporting director with the Romanian FA, laughs at the thought of just how Rangers-mad his boy has become.

Prodan said: "Yes, it's true. Razvan was born in Scotland during my time at Rangers and has always followed the team because of that. When we were in Glasgow last year he bought a Rangers strip with Barry Ferguson's name on the back. He's never got itoff.

Tough

"Last week a crew from Romanian TV came to our house and Razvan told them he was born in Glasgow and wanted Rangers to win the games against Unirea. The reporter asked him why and he said, 'because I was born in Scotland, I'm Scottish'!"

http://www.americanchronicle.com/articles/yb/136479249

Brilliant :D

Prodan was one numerous players I had never heard of and happened to buy for Rangers on Champ Manager 95/96 who ended up signing for us in real life. He was great for me on the game, not so much for us in real life :P