***The Official Football Manager 2010 Thread***

disgruntled_bear

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm debating weather to get this game or not.

Any good?

It took me a while to get into, but it's pretty good, a little better than last year's game I'd say. It takes some getting used to, but the editor is much better and easier to use and I like the new tactical layout, which is much more realistic.

Not far into my Rangers game and I've just realised that all my under 19s are training with the first team. Now in reality thats' not a bad thing, but in FM it's a complete waste of youth coaches but I can't move under 19 players over to under 19s training. Is it just because none of the players are on youth contracts?

So if I change the staff role of the youth coaches to coach then in the summer when I get an intake of new players from MP there are no youth coaches to coach them and I doubt they'll take a new contract to go down a job role and I'll have to pay some off because the board will probably say no more coaches.

Never seen this before in an FM.

Edit:

Actually just noticed that most coaches are contracted until June 2010 so actually it's no real problem.

its cool chief , your coaches also coach your youths unless they are on a first team coach only contract (tu)

I got to the semi-final of the Champions' League with 'Gers after punting Arsenal and Real Madrid, but I lost five-two on aggregate to Inter and, from there on, the season went down hill.

I went from having the League Cup in the cabinet, plus the SPL title, the Scottish Cup and the Champions' League in sight, to being out of the Champions' League and stumbling five behind Celtic in the league.

This was done with the same side that we have now. :pipe:

I am going to try something different for a change.

I will load up, Scotland (First division and SPL), England (League 2 upwards), Wales (Premier Division only), N.Ireland (Premiership only), Ireland (Premier Division only).

I'll start unemployed, with a professional reputation, and will look to change team every season or so. May not go far, but I have an urged to give this a go. I'll keep you updated on how I get on.

Played 6 league games with Aberystwyth Town, with 4 wins and 2 draws. Also got a few league cup wins under my belt.

I brought in 10 players (that I've never heard of, tbh) and sold three players. Everything is going well, but I am currently spending over the allotted wage bill.

Got bored at Man City, Winning the EPl and UCL in my 6th season to win all trophies available so quit and started a game with OM in France, currently sitting top with a game in hand with 14 to play, currently 1-0 up over Liverpool in the last 16 of te UCL.

got 8m at the start to sign players whihc i used to sign Cardozo from benfica. then got another 4m in january which i used to sign Frank Songo'o and Biego bisiswar .

Got bored at Man City, Winning the EPl and UCL in my 6th season to win all trophies available so quit and started a game with OM in France, currently sitting top with a game in hand with 14 to play, currently 1-0 up over Liverpool in the last 16 of te UCL.

got 8m at the start to sign players whihc i used to sign Cardozo from benfica. then got another 4m in january which i used to sign Frank Songo'o and Biego bisiswar .

I am thinking about starting a game in France. Either Marseillie, Lyon, Bordeaux or PSG. Can't decide.

cardozo is a fucking beast :praise: scores free kicks for fun :)