***The Official Unirea Urziceni v Rangers Thread***

Muff

I doubt McCulloch will start, afterall he's just back from injury.

What i heard was Walter was wanting to have a go, and give Fleck and Wilson much needed experience at this level. Of course if we are winning then McCulloch etc will come on later on to protect our lead.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What i heard was Walter was wanting to have a go, and give Fleck and Wilson much needed experience at this level. Of course if we are winning then McCulloch etc will come on later on to protect our lead.

I can see the sence in that. (tu)

Does anyone think Rothen could be better in the middle of the park?

I'd be delighted if Rothen runs out at Ibrox tonight (tu)

:lol::craphead:

FWIW, imo Rothen is probably best suited to playing in a midfield 3 - Davis - Thomson - Rothen.

Walter said: “I think I will change the system
and see if we can change the result as well,” he added.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see!

McCulloch should be no where near the fucking team. He is totally fucking useless. I'll be happy I never, ever see him in a Rangers jersey again.

You're being very harsh there. He's been superb in the holding role this season and chipped in with a couple of goals.

Hope thats true. A lot of people say fleck n wilson are too young to play at this level, but maybe with fleck tonight a bit of youth and inventiveness would be exactly what we need?

Lee n thommo in midfield would be more than capable of keeping us solid. Davis could be engineering moves from CM, and with Naismith n Novo on the wings as runners n Miller up front we could do some damage.

I very much doubt our team will be laid out this way however

McCulloch should be no where near the fucking team. He is totally fucking useless. I'll be happy I never, ever see him in a Rangers jersey again.

You're being very harsh there. He's been superb in the holding role this season and chipped in with a couple of goals.

He's not been superb at all.

Had two good games at the start, but as per, those were the exception and not the rule.

He's been poor since.

You are right

even if they are in our own goals

He's not been superb at all.

Had two good games at the start, but as per, those were the exception and not the rule.

He's been poor since.

I also thought he looked our main attacking threat against Sevillle.

I agree about not playing him alongside Weir at the back but i have absolutely no problems playing him in the holding role.

I actually think he's performed better in the holding role than Thomson this season. I think we'll see both Thomson and McCulloch protecting the back four with Davis playing ahead with two attacking wide men.

We really have nothing to lose tonight, if we cant qualify for the last 16 then in all honesty it's a blessing in disguise right now.

If Walter plays Fleck and Wilson tonight and goes for it, most of us will acknowledge what he's trying to do and turn a blind eye.

I disagree about the last 16. The money for getting there is too important! Even forgetting the the money for playing in the last 16, to get there we're going to need to win at least 2 of our games. With a win bonus of £750k, thats £1.5million. If we made last 16, it'll mean we've made £1.5million (atleast). Then we add on the money for playing there (potential win bonus?). Financially, last 16 would be huge.

Playing wise the strain on the squad is enormous, and financially the best bet for us right now is to go out. The price of the club would decrease and we would have a better chance of finding a new buyer.

Of course as fans we want to progress to the last 16, but really at these times we have to prioritize and that's the league and speeding up the sale of the club.

Has there been a precedent set for a CL call off? Will it be replayed?

I hope it's not. For the sake of the thousands of bears who made the trip if nothing else.

nothing on SSN about it being called off

Has there been a precedent set for a CL call off? Will it be replayed?

I hope it's not. For the sake of the thousands of bears who made the trip if nothing else.

I fully agree, fans have got to be back for work etc and its not like Romania is close by and easy to get back from.