***The Official Unirea Urziceni v Rangers Thread***

Muff

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree with muffs team. Although i think Walter will drop Wilson and play big Lee! :anguish:

He's more likely to play Papac in central defense than Lee McCulloch! Looks like Walter has come to his senses regarding playing Lee at CB, thankfully!

This is the team I think Walter will go for (not necessarily the team I would go for):

:mcgregor:

:whittaker::weir::wilson::papac:

:mcculloch:

:Naismith::davis::thomson::rothen:

:miller:

I'd be very surprised if this wasn't the team.

This is the team I think Walter will go for (not necessarily the team I would go for):

if rothen doesnt produce soon he'll be kicked to touch - these were the exact games he was brought in for

if rothen doesnt produce soon he'll be kicked to touch - these were the exact games he was brought in for

Exactly. People expected him to sort out our problems on the wing, but so far he has failed to impress. If he doesn't produce soon then he won't last until the end of ths season.

-------------------M'Gregor-------------------------

Whittaker------Weir----Wilson------Papac

--Davis----------Thomson--------Naismith

----Novo---------Lafferty-------Miller----

We need to win, and to win we need to pose them problems, and to pose them problems we need pace and offensive minded players who will all put in a busy shift.

This is the best line up imo in terms of energy, creativity and counter attacking ability. I have excluded Boyd as he has no pace or creativity. In an away game of this magnitude we won't be camped in their box so Boyd would be would be on the periphery all too often.

Boyd has been playing far better than Kyle Lafferty!

That is an awful side!

That is an awful side!

Which is why I wouldn't be surprised if it was the team :anguish:

Playing certain players ahead of others can not only severely weaken our team but give the opposition players a massive confidence boost before a ball is even kicked.

For example - (and we seen evidence of this in the previous game against them).

Playing M'culloch, Rothen or even Boyd ahead of the likes of Novo, Fleck, Lafferty etc drastically reduces our chances of creating opportunities to score.

Even if the 3 mentioned players are out of form they still possess the ability to trouble opposition defences because of their pace and attributes and that fact alone occupies the minds of our opponents. M'culloch, Rothen and Boyd are all much too slow and from a defenders point of view thats who they would rather face.

I'm the first to admit the failings of Novo, Lafferty and Fleck and I'm not bigging them up, I'm simply weighing up their attributes and possible contributions against 3 others who just don't possess the same abilities.

If we at least have players with pace and trickery on the pitch it gives the opposition something to worry about and they will be less confident about coming forward.

During the last game Rothen was absolutely diabolical. Anyone could see he was never going to beat a man, never going to go on a surging drive into the opposing box or ever going to produce a moment of magic and yet Walter done nothing until it was too late. My main point is why to hell when this is so evident do you not at least give us a chance and put on the type of player that at least possesses the ability to change a game and produce something out of nothing?

Its a no brainer as far as I'm concerned yet time and again I watch on in frustration Walter neglecting his management responsibilities.

Playing certain players ahead of others can not only severely weaken our team but give the opposition players a massive confidence boost before a ball is even kicked.

Playing M'culloch, Rothen or even Boyd ahead of the likes of Novo, Fleck, Lafferty etc drastically reduces our chances of creating opportunities to score.

Even if the 3 mentioned players are out of form they still possess the ability to trouble opposition defences because of their pace and attributes and that fact alone occupies the minds of our opponents. M'culloch, Rothen and Boyd are all much too slow and from a defenders point of view thats who they would rather face.

I'm the first to admit the failings of Novo, Lafferty and Fleck and I'm not bigging them up, I'm simply weighing up their attributes and possible contributions against 3 others who just don't possess the same abilities.

If we at least have players with pace and trickery on the pitch it gives the opposition something to worry about and they will be less confident about coming forward.

During the last game Rothen was absolutely diabolical. Anyone could see he was never going to beat a man, never going to go on a surging drive into the opposing box or ever going to produce a moment of magic and yet Walter done nothing until it was too late. My main point is why to hell when this is so evident do you not at least give us a chance and put on the type of player that at least possesses the ability to change a game and produce something out of nothing?

Its a no brainer as far as I'm concerned yet time and again I watch on in frustration Walter neglecting his management responsibilities.

Are we still talking about Kyle Lafferty here?

This is a titanic game for us. Not just the fact the players heads could really go down with no meaningful CL games but the money is a huge aspect to it as well. We can win too.

Good shout there. What I'd give to have someone like Neil McCann in the squad at the moment (in his heyday, mind you).