Falkirk 3 vs. 3 Celtic (***Minute's silnce ruined***)

spireblue

There seems to be plenty of people on here diving at the chance to stick the boot in at Celtic, almost as if they wanted this. Disgusting.

Should we ignore it and pretend it never happened? I can honestly say I've never met anyone who wanted this to happen, and that includes all the celtic fans I know.

Absolutely not. It should be addressed. I apologise if I offended anyone, but the some of the responses pointing to Sky trying to cover up for Celtic etc have left me fuming. Today is not about Celtic but some people are intent on making it such.

What gives Sky the right to distort reality?

Sky have put the silence ahead of the scum. That is not distorting reality, that is being respectful and doing the right thing.

Kev has a point. Sky probably thought that if the Celtc fans were going to disrespect it, then no-one would actually want to hear it. Whether or not it was the right thing to do, I dont know.

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kev has a point. Sky probably thought that if the Celtc fans were going to disrespect it, then no-one would actually want to hear it. Whether or not it was the right thing to do, I dont know.

Kev's point makes total sense. I just think that Sky doing that without so much as a comment why is garbage.

Well put it on their news bulletin then ... if it's a big enough deal to edit it out then it's also a big enough deal to be reported as news

IMO opinion disrespecting the memory of the war dead with the singing of terrorist songs is 100 times worse than throwing a few seats about in Romania and should be reported as such

Kev does have a point, all we are looking for is parity though. If they are going to turn the sound down on Celtc fans so as not to offend, why not turn the sound down on us when we're singing TBB, seeing as that is so offensive? They don't though, they turn it up.

The argument that they mute fans who might cause offence kind of falls apart there, don't you think?

Imo, there's a lot more focus on Celtic fans than actual rememberence, as there has been on here in build up to today.

I've posted 2 remembrance threads. They didn't get much attention :(

Mate, many people have viewed them, its just sometimes its difficult to know what to say in a remembrance thread such as that. Doesn't mean that people dont respect the sentiment.

It is easier for a lot of people to defend their beliefs than it is to properly express them.

It's very true ... I have been thinking a lot over the last few days of a story that John Nichol (remember the Tornado pilot who was shot down over Iraq) has in his book about bomber command during the war. The tail gunner often copped it in the Lancaster and the high velocity bullets not only killed him but usually did a lot of damage as well. Now often when they got back to base they were hosing the blood and guts out of the turret as the next airman to go in was watching ... what sort of courage does it take to get in there and take off heading for Germany again after seing that!

Kev does have a point, all we are looking for is parity though. If they are going to turn the sound down on Celtc fans so as not to offend, why not turn the sound down on us when we're singing TBB, seeing as that is so offensive? They don't though, they turn it up.

The argument that they mute fans who might cause offence kind of falls apart there, don't you think?

No comparison between the silence on Rememberence Sunday and the Billy Boys.

I didn't say there was.

Absolutely not. It should be addressed. I apologise if I offended anyone, but the some of the responses pointing to Sky trying to cover up for Celtic etc have left me fuming. Today is not about Celtic but some people are intent on making it such.

They made it as such themselves Kev, they know singing during the minutes silence will make it all about them again, for good or bad.

another incase they get removed

Look at this comment left on Youtube:

JJCOLL1967 (1 minute ago) Show Hide 0 Marked as spam Reply | Spam

it was rememberance day and we remembered Aidan McAnespie

please dont be angry at me for askin this bt i just want to ask bt who is aidan McAnspie?

They have no shame whatsoever. Always offended, never embarrassed.

:anguish:

Vomit inducing

They can remember Aidan McAnespie all they want, I dont care. But dont fuckin do it in the middle of a minutes silence for our countries servicemen!! It wouldn't have hurt them just to show a bit of respect even if they dont agree with it surely?

And the AM shuff is just an example of them jumping on a bandwagon and exploiting it for their own ends.

Funny how our resident handwringers have made little(if any) input to this topic! You know , the ones who were rapid at putting the boot in the other night after the "riot" :rolleyes:

OK, as a 'resident handwringer' I'll respond. I didn't watch the game on Sky but from the YouTube clips it's clear there was a small group singing continuously throughout the minute's silence. They were obviously outside the ground, but I totally agree with everyone's comments that it was disgraceful whether inside or outside.

The fact that Celtic have a core of bitter and twisted scumbag followers is nothing to do with how our fans (or at least, neds in our section) have behaved abroad on more than one occasion.

There's no doubt Celtic get an easier ride - just as Liverpool are the BBC's club of choice and Man U are despised, the same applies in Scotland. It's for exactly that reason that I despair at our persistent own goals.

celtc are the scum of the earth! Dirty f****n t****** bastards who take up space and oxygen!

For thos t**** singing IRA songs during the minute's silence... I hope you rot in hell!

The pot is calling the kettle black, eh ?

you sad bunch !

Banned.

Well in CR. (tu)

Funny how our resident handwringers have made little(if any) input to this topic! You know , the ones who were rapid at putting the boot in the other night after the "riot" :rolleyes:

OK, as a 'resident handwringer' I'll respond. I didn't watch the game on Sky but from the YouTube clips it's clear there was a small group singing continuously throughout the minute's silence. They were obviously outside the ground, but I totally agree with everyone's comments that it was disgraceful whether inside or outside.

The fact that Celtic have a core of bitter and twisted scumbag followers is nothing to do with how our fans (or at least, neds in our section) have behaved abroad on more than one occasion.

There's no doubt Celtic get an easier ride - just as Liverpool are the BBC's club of choice and Man U are despised, the same applies in Scotland. It's for exactly that reason that I despair at our persistent own goals.

I'm seeing this more and more, how the fuck can you tell that they were obviously outside the ground as I said earlier it's fucking conveniant that no camaras were focused on thier supporters.

I'm fucking certain more than one or two would have been joining in inside the ground as well.

celtc are the scum of the earth! Dirty f****n t****** bastards who take up space and oxygen!

For thos t**** singing IRA songs during the minute's silence... I hope you rot in hell!

The pot is calling the kettle black, eh ?

you sad bunch !

knuckle-dragging cunt

Your'e kinda growing on me doug ! Not sure how obvious it was that they were outside though !

This was the lowest of the low today though , and our downfalls (like the wee rammy in Romania) are nothing compared to this .