Falkirk 3 vs. 3 Celtic (***Minute's silnce ruined***)

spireblue

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Makes you feel a bit sick watching that , i didn't see the game but i can only assume sky turned the volume down for soldiers families etc. It must be heartbreaking if you have lost a loved one or a loved one is seriously injured while serving their country and you hear that kinda crap at a football game.

Credit to falkirk who went ahead with the silence against the scums wishes.

this was my email to sky. i feeli covered most of the main issues

I am emailing you to inform you of the disgust felt by the majority of the Rangers support at sky sports. You have clearly muted the sound of the celtic support today(08/11/09)at the minute silence in memory of our war dead. It has become apparent that there where celtic fans outside the ground the chanting pro-IRA songs which we could not hear on your channel. Its ironic how you have took away the liberty of free speech and demonstration from the celtic fans today, notice that these are the very liberties in fact that our war dead fought and died for over the past century. The reason we know you did mute the volume is we have friends and family accross the globe who where watching online,austrailian tv and such. So please do not insult our inteligence when you do reply by saying somrthing along the lines of "we did no such thing" or anything similar, IT WILL NOT WASH. These fans are a disgrace and us Rangers supporters are outraged at your actions. Basically you have protected the club from being embarresed by their pro IRA support, which in turn makes the us believe that sky sports are pro-celtic and therefore anti-Rangers. I do look forward to your reply or excuse should i say.

Why do you have to mention anything about the "Rangers support"? This is an issue that has nothing to do with Rangers, so the name of our club should be left out.

Also, I think you have insulted your own "inteligence" by misspelling intelligence, and you should be "embarresed" :P

the reason i did mention rangers is that sky where quick enuf to show the scenes in romania. if u report crowd trouble on 1 side of the city then u have to report it on the other side. imagine this happened at ibrox yesterday by our own support-front page news my friend. as for my spelling-who cares. im sure there are others in my email. its not a writing contest

My query to the sports editor at Sky Sports:

I'm writing with a technical query. Did you have a problem with the sound during your broadcast of the Falkirk v Celtic match today (08/11/09)? Well, not during the match but just prior to kick off?

It seemed to me that, after the minute's silence was announced, your microphones stopped working for approximately 1 minute. Fortunately it happened at precisely this time, as no noise should have been forthcoming anyway.

At the end of the "silence" it is clear that the microphones come back on, you can clearly hear them start working again. It must have been just after the whistle to signal the end of the silence, as I didn't hear that on your broadcast either.

The thing is, I happen to have viewed video from another source which had its microphones switched on during the silence. You can view and listen to this video on youtube:

On this video, you can clearly hear significant sections of the away support singing terrorist supporting songs during the silence. I don't expect you to comment on their behaviour as it is not your place, but could you please explain the convenient loss of sound you experienced during the "silence?"

I have to say, as a Sky Subscriber, I would be absolutely disgusted if I suspected that you had intentionally muted the support to cover up this appalling behaviour by the Celtic support.

I look forward to your reply.

Sincerely,

Peter Marwick

I am emailing you to inform you of the disgust felt by the majority of the Rangers support at sky sports. You have clearly muted the sound of the celtic support today(08/11/09)at the minute silence in memory of our war dead. It has become apparent that there where celtic fans outside the ground the chanting pro-IRA songs which we could not hear on your channel. Its ironic how you have took away the liberty of free speech and demonstration from the celtic fans today, notice that these are the very liberties in fact that our war dead fought and died for over the past century. The reason we know you did mute the volume is we have friends and family accross the globe who where watching online,austrailian tv and such. So please do not insult our inteligence when you do reply by saying somrthing along the lines of "we did no such thing" or anything similar, IT WILL NOT WASH. These fans are a disgrace and us Rangers supporters are outraged at your actions. Basically you have protected the club from being embarresed by their pro IRA support, which in turn makes the us believe that sky sports are pro-celtic and therefore anti-Rangers. I do look forward to your reply or excuse should i say.

Why do you have to mention anything about the "Rangers support"? This is an issue that has nothing to do with Rangers, so the name of our club should be left out.

Also, I think you have insulted your own "inteligence" by misspelling intelligence, and you should be "embarresed" :P

the reason i did mention rangers is that sky where quick enuf to show the scenes in romania. if u report crowd trouble on 1 side of the city then u have to report it on the other side. imagine this happened at ibrox yesterday by our own support-front page news my friend. as for my spelling-who cares. im sure there are others in my email. its not a writing contest

But it was an incident that Rangers have nothing to do with.

What would you say if Celtic wrote to Sky on Wednesday saying "As a celtic fan i'm outraged by the actions of Rangers against Unirea"?

Second part about spelling was tongue in cheek.

I'm writing with a technical query. Did you have a problem with the sound during your broadcast of the Falkirk v Celtic match today (08/11/09)? Well, not during the match but just prior to kick off?

It seemed to me that, after the minute's silence was announced, your microphones stopped working for approximately 1 minute. Fortunately it happened at precisely this time, as no noise should have been forthcoming anyway.

At the end of the "silence" it is clear that the microphones come back on, you can clearly hear them start working again. It must have been just after the whistle to signal the end of the silence, as I didn't hear that on your broadcast either.

The thing is, I happen to have viewed video from another source which had its microphones switched on during the silence. You can view and listen to this video on youtube:

On this video, you can clearly hear significant sections of the away support singing terrorist supporting songs during the silence. I don't expect you to comment on their behaviour as it is not your place, but could you please explain the convenient loss of sound you experienced during the "silence?"

I have to say, as a Sky Subscriber, I would be absolutely disgusted if I suspected that you had intentionally muted the support to cover up this appalling behaviour by the Celtic support.

Sincerely,

Peter Marwick

Lets us know what they say, if they bother to reply at all.

Sincerely,

Peter Marwick

well done mate, i hope they reply

What would you say if Celtic wrote to Sky on Wednesday saying "As a celtic fan i'm outraged by the actions of Rangers against Unirea"?

ano it was, sorry.

ok, i take ur point. however celtic fans did the exact same thing 2 us wen the dunoon boys were on soccer am. tims complained in their 100's about the boy saying the score wud be 16-9 (implying 1690 apparently). its just so frustrating that they get away with everything and we get away with nothing. even the biggest tv broadcaster in the uk covered up their shame today. wat can us bears do but fight fire with fire?

ano it was, sorry.

ok, i take ur point. however celtic fans did the exact same thing 2 us wen the dunoon boys were on soccer am. tims complained in their 100's about the boy saying the score wud be 16-9 (implying 1690 apparently). its just so frustrating that they get away with everything and we get away with nothing. even the biggest tv broadcaster in the uk covered up their shame today. wat can us bears do but fight fire with fire?

(tu) Quite right to complain, I have done so myself. Also sent the video and story to a few newspapers. Doubt anything will be done or said, unless tomorrow is a slow news days.

ano it was, sorry.

(tu) Quite right to complain, I have done so myself. Also sent the video and story to a few newspapers. Doubt anything will be done or said, unless tomorrow is a slow news days.

ive sent the youtube video to sky and also to clyde1 superscoreboard, lets see if peter martin & co just ignore it

You'll no hear a word of this maybe a few lines in one of the papers but aside from that, feck all. It needs big names to come out and condemn this - as first minster of scotland alec salmond should be the first - he should be shouting from the rooftops to condemn it. No doubt he wont though spineless coward that he is.

Fcuking send them back to oirland and nuke the fcukers, cant have these plastic wannabes dragging this country down the sewer :mad: