Barcelona Plan £85M Swoop For Rooney

Chookes

BARCELONA want to make Wayne Rooney the world's most expensive footballer.

The Spanish and European champions are lining up an incredible £85million summer swoop for the Manchester United striker.

The Nou Camp club have identified the 24-year-old as the star of the next World Cup and have already put plans in motion to trump Real Madrid's capture of Cristiano Ronaldo.

The Catalan giants believe United's massive debts mean they're under increasing pressure to consider bids for all their top players.

United's failure to pump the funds from Ronaldo's £80m sale back into the squad has provided a reminder the Old Trafford's club's finances are in a mess.

But as in the case of Ronaldo, Rooney himself will hold the key to any successful bid from the Nou Camp.

The Scouser has never expressed a desire to move abroad and with wife Coleen just having given birth to their first child, Barca's bid will give him a huge dilemma.

United had no choice but to surrender to Ronaldo's desire to go to the Bernabeu, but Sir Alex Ferguson will be hoping Rooney is less inclined to leave.

The England forward is now seen as the focal point of the United team and Fergie would fight even harder to keep Rooney than he did Ronaldo.

Rooney suggested this week he wanted to stay at Old Trafford for life.

However, the prospect of joining up with the likes of Lionel Messi, Xavi and Iniesta under manager Pep Guardiola is sure to be tempting.

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport/5874...YNE-ROONEY.html

The Scouser has never expressed a desire to move abroad and with wife Coleen just having given birth to their first child, Barca's bid will give him a huge dilemma.

Massive dilemma. His wages at United would never cover the cost of an extra mouth to feed.

Massive dilemma. His wages at United would never cover the cost of an extra mouth to feed.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Not quite sure that what is meant, but brilliant!

:craphead:

Let's be honest,Rooney is probably the best forward in the EPL. Easily the best player on the park at Chelsea today.If anyone is worth that sort of money,

It's got to be Rooney.I can hardly believe I just typed that,I couldn't stand the little jerk,a couple of years back. :rolleyes:

he isnt even worth half that

If Ibra is worth nearly 80 million, Kaka is worth 55 million and Ronaldo is worth 80 million than Rooney is easily worth 60-70 million.

He's so under rated by some people it's unreal.

my point is that all those players arent worth that money either

and i dont think he would be worth 70 million on that ratio either

he isnt even worth half that

If Ibra is worth nearly 80 million, Kaka is worth 55 million and Ronaldo is worth 80 million than Rooney is easily worth 60-70 million.

He's so under rated by some people it's unreal.

I am amazed so many people can't see the obvious,the guy is such an extremely exciting,and amazing talent. (tu)

Never really liked him but he is a great player imo, id like to see him go to barca, always wondered why not many of the top english players play outside the epl, would be interesting to see how he got on

the top english players stay in the epl because they go to spain and get ruined , look at beckham for example

Never really liked him but he is a great player imo, id like to see him go to barca, always wondered why not many of the top english players play outside the epl, would be interesting to see how he got on

the top english players stay in the epl because they go to spain and get ruined , look at beckham for example

Spain ruined Beckham?

:lol:

Where's the punchline?