Barcelona Plan £85M Swoop For Rooney

Chookes

i meant goin to real madrid ruined him as a player IMO he was much better at united

It didn't ruin him at all.

If anything, having had to learn to play more centrally for Los Merengues actually prolonged his career.

Let's be honest,Rooney is probably the best forward in the EPL. Easily the best player on the park at Chelsea today.If anyone is worth that sort of money,

It's got to be Rooney.I can hardly believe I just typed that,I couldn't stand the little jerk,a couple of years back. :rolleyes:

Rooney is one of the moset under rated players around, if ronaldo is worth 80m, he's easily worth 50-60m.

Anyone that thinks Rooney 'isn't that good' shouldn't be anywhere near a football forum.

He isn't £85m good. Noone is, that's a joke.

he isnt even worth half that

If Ibra is worth nearly 80 million, Kaka is worth 55 million and Ronaldo is worth 80 million than Rooney is easily worth 60-70 million.

He's so under rated by some people it's unreal.

None of those players are worth that, the fact football has got to the point where we are getting close to £100m for a player is a disgrace.

Time for wage caps and transfer fee caps i think.

Can't see Rooney leaving Man Utd anytime soon. All his family are in the North West and I just can't see him leaving that area. Can see a few Premiership players leaving the EPL though especially with the tax rate now up to 50%. It's considerably lower in Spain

Anyone that thinks Rooney 'isn't that good' shouldn't be anywhere near a football forum.

He isn't £85m good. Noone is, that's a joke.

he isnt even worth half that

If Ibra is worth nearly 80 million, Kaka is worth 55 million and Ronaldo is worth 80 million than Rooney is easily worth 60-70 million.

He's so under rated by some people it's unreal.

None of those players are worth that, the fact football has got to the point where we are getting close to £100m for a player is a disgrace.

Time for wage caps and transfer fee caps i think.

It doesn't matter what you see as right or wrong though.

What matters is what clubs are willing to pay. As soon as Madrid paid that money for Ronaldo, the benchmark was set. That's how the world's elite players will now be valued.

If Ronaldo was worth £80m to Man Utd, Rooney must be worth almost as much, if not more. I know several United fans that think Wayne Rooney is more important, so you take your value from that.

This is the same Rooney that unveiled a t-shirt a few years back while playing for Everton "Once A Blue, Always A Blue" and then went on to sign for Man Utd in the very same seasons I think. Thus even if he claimed he wanted to stay at Man Utd for life I would take what he said at face value. As who wouldn't want to play with Messi, Iniesta, Xavi & Co ? He would probably end up a major contender for player of the year if he did sign for Barcelona as well.

He'd be great for Barca.

He'd so so well in their front three with Messi and Ibrahimovic.

I like Henry but he's getting past it and I prefer Iniesta in the middle.

Would be a much better addtition than Robinho.

Also, you cant really say no one is worth £85 million... Who's to say what anythings worth? It's the same as someone placing a value on a house.

Players are worth what someones willing to pay.

rooney isnt in the same league as messi.

different types of player, i know but theres better than rooney out there. i think torres or villa would be better signings for barca. they know spanish football so much better

Utter nonsense. <cr>

This is the same Rooney that unveiled a t-shirt a few years back while playing for Everton "Once A Blue, Always A Blue" and then went on to sign for Man Utd in the very same seasons I think. Thus even if he claimed he wanted to stay at Man Utd for life I would take what he said at face value. As who wouldn't want to play with Messi, Iniesta, Xavi & Co ? He would probably end up a major contender for player of the year if he did sign for Barcelona as well.

Nope.

Rooney unveiled that t-shirt after a goal in the Youth Cup final years before his move to Man United (tu)