Boyd

TheNuts

Body  

135 members have voted

1. 1. Boyd the best striker in the last decade?

• Yes, of course
    • No

Take out Danny Wilson, and Kris Boyd was the best player on the park!

All true,agreed,but still dont know if Walter will start with him on tuesday,

WATP

Full of running, linked up well, tracked back, looked for the ball, closed the Killie defence down, drifted out wide, scored a goal, was never offside after his goal, tried to create....

Keep it up Boyd (tu)

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am/was a Lafferty fan, but it's quickly becoming a make or break season for him.

If he continues in this vein, we'll need to cut out losses on the lad.

He's terrible, and is so lazy it's unreal.

Lafferty reminds me of me when I'm played football when I was a youngster.

Head down, rarely looks up for a pass and tries ridiculous shots. That's when he can be bothered running of course.

He's in danger of slipping out of contention, although I'm not sure Smith would let that happen after paying £3.5m for him :anguish:

Boyd did fantastically well again today

Stepovers on the touchline? 30 yard sprints to chase the ball and hold it up? Getting in behind defenders and cutting the ball back? One-twos? Laying off players on the edge of the box... he did it all today

I would go as far as saying he should start against Stuttgart on Tuesday... at the end of the day, he can do no worse than those who have played before him in Europe... his European record has been slated but how many of those games has he actually started? Boyd could well surprise us on Tuesday, he deserves the chance this time.

Smith does seem to have some kind of a vendetta against Boyd when it comes to bigger games especially. I always felt he would give Boyd a fair chance of playing in Europe depending on his form and our overall situation going into the games but after dropping him against Unirea it seems i may have been wrong.

It was a game that we really needed to win and Boyd had played well the past couple of games and started scoring again, while the likes of Miller and Lafferty had been terrible including the Unirea game at Ibrox. It made all the sense in the world to play Boyd and probably change the tactics too but it didn't happen.

We'll see what happens on Tuesday anyway.

Smith does seem to have some kind of a vendetta against Boyd when it comes to bigger games especially.

How is it a vendetta when his scoring rate against Celtic is 8 starts......1 goal.

European record is something like 2 or 3 goals (one a pen) in 18 appearances.

And he struggles to score away from home against the top 6, just two coming in that category last season. Similarly poor the season before.

Honestly, give me the fixture list and I can tell you exactly when in the season all the 'we love kris boyd' threads will start. This would have been one of those times, off the back of two home games against bottom 6 opposition.

I predict a very different response to his performances after next weekends trip to Pittodrie.....and certainly if he starts midweek.

Smith does seem to have some kind of a vendetta against Boyd when it comes to bigger games especially.

How is it a vendetta when his scoring rate against Celtic is 8 starts......1 goal.

And he struggles to score away from home against the top 6, just two coming in that category last season. Similarly poor the season before.

Honestly, give me the fixture list and I can tell you exactly when in the season all the 'we love kris boyd' threads will start. This would have been one of those times, off the back of two home games against bottom 6 opposition.

I predict a very different response to his performances after next weekends trip to Pittodrie.....and certainly if he starts midweek.

He also played well against Hibs at home and against Utd for the half that the game was played.

You think dropping him against Unirea was the correct decision?

the fact is we need goals against stuttgart, something that playing miller upfront himself with lafferty on the wing in a 4-5-1 will not provide.

Smith's 'normal' European tactic, certainly the one he's used second time round, is not conducive to a game where we actually need to go out and win.

Keeping it at 0-0 won't get us through here, no away goals are counting - we need three points, and as such, Smith's tactics MUST change for this game.

Must...not....bite.... :ph34r:

Well, I for one hope he keeps up his good form, and continues it against both Stuttgart and Aberdeen, and beyond.... (tu)

I don't think anyone can criticise Kris Boyd at this moment in time as he's doing everything we want!

Well, I for one hope he keeps up his good form, and continues it against both Stuttgart and Aberdeen, and beyond.... (tu)

I don't think anyone can criticise Kris Boyd at this moment in time as he's doing everything we want!

(tu) Couldn't agree more.

I'm glad he's beginning to win folk over as i hoped he would.

If he plays like he is constantly we've got a bargain for £400k, and a great player for the club who'll go down in history (if he stays for a while).

He'll get a new contract i reckon.

He has to keep it up. Too many times he's just fallen back on his old self. Hopefully he's changed for good.

I get the feeling this is the one, i don't think i've seen him keep up his overall play this well for so long. He's been on form goalscoring wise before, but overall play has jumped up a notch.

I wonder if Hately did eventually go down and help him at Murray Park?

He has to keep it up. Too many times he's just fallen back on his old self. Hopefully he's changed for good.

I get the feeling this is the one, i don't think i've seen him keep up his overall play this well for so long. He's been on form goalscoring wise before, but overall play has jumped up a notch.

I wonder if Hately did eventually go down and help him at Murray Park?

I hope not.

Boyd will be spouting weekly pish in the papers if that's the case :(

Big Mark's a nice guy, met him a that dinner last week, but he does talk some nonsense in the rags!

I am/was a Lafferty fan, but it's quickly becoming a make or break season for him.

If he continues in this vein, we'll need to cut out losses on the lad.

He's terrible, and is so lazy it's unreal.

hes terrible?

he is top goalscorer. look at his statistics on the SPL website. he has the most shots on target, most shots overall, and highest number of goals

he is far from terrible

without him we would be lost.

davis is the one who is terrible!