Boyd

TheNuts

Body  

135 members have voted

1. 1. Boyd the best striker in the last decade?

• Yes, of course
    • No

When watching videos of the last two seasons, not a clip goes by where Boyd doesn't either score or set up a goal.

After dropping from the international side, his work rate has greatly improves, he is better in the air (most throw-ins are directed to him), he can trap the ball turn and pass better, and his goal tally speaks for itself.

What i don understand is why people lay into him...especially those outside the old firm!!!

I was speaking to an Alloa fan who constantly tore into Boyd..."fat fuck", "lazy bastard" and would not stop telling me how poor Boyd was, and that he is not the best striker in the SPL, if he was he would be playing in Europe. This soap-dodger, who is most likely to be a member of the "pie and bovril" forum, seems to think that even management know he is shite, cause he doesn't get a run in Europe.

Indeed, i had to show him on the SPL website the statistics of top goalscorer, most shots, most shots on target, and he is very high up in the set-up goals statistics.

It just pisses me off when Boyd, who plays for the jersey, rarely misses, scores VERY important goals (remember the 3 against Dundee United to keep us in the game and then win it?), get very unfair criticism.

If we are to lose Boyd, not only would our team be even worse, we wouldnt score!

So before anybody criticises this goal-scoring machine, who is soon to overtake Larsson as highest goalscorer ever int he SPL...just remember what he has done for the club since coming from Kilmarnock.

P.S - if he was to play in Europe, he would have slotted that penalty Davis misses, and the 1-4 scoreline would have been totally different!

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Half the stuff you've said the guy come out with is the same old tosh you see repeated on various forums.

Each to their own opinion on this. He's done well lately, lets see if he can keep it up for the rest of the season.

Sure it would be great to have Torres instead, but Boyd is about the best we can afford just now. If he does leave this summer, it will be a cracking DVD of all his goals. As often said "What do you expect for £400,000, Thierry Henry??"

while i agree that boyd has been a storming goalscorer for us, when he isnt getting chances in the box he is most likely a waste of a jersey

the likes of prso, de boer, mols, arveladze may not have scored as many goals, but in tight games where chances are rare, these players could create their own chances

like mcboyd said its peoples opinions, i wouldnt have boyd out my team, unless my midfield was fucking rotten and not creating anything

watch his reaction when he scores...he treasures ever goal.

His emotion when he scores proves everything to me...he pays for the jersey! we need 11 players with a mindset of his!

...obviously it would help if they had a bit of stamina and footballing ability as well of course.

we need 11 players with a mindset of his!

not so sure about that

we have harder workers in the team than boyd,

i really dont see anybody who puts in more effort. Davis has been poor the last few games. The only other payers id say who matched his work ethic are miller, mcgregor, papac and whittaker.

while i agree that boyd has been a storming goalscorer for us, when he isnt getting chances in the box he is most likely a waste of a jersey

the likes of prso, de boer, mols, arveladze may not have scored as many goals, but in tight games where chances are rare, these players could create their own chances

like mcboyd said its peoples opinions, i wouldnt have boyd out my team, unless my midfield was fucking rotten and not creating anything

I agree but against hibs recently in particular, Boyd was creating a lot of chances for himself out of nothing and for others, of course that is just one recent example, there are plenty of games where he drifts out completely, yet those are the games he usually ends up scoring hat tricks in <cr>

Much better footballers than Boyd get a lot more stick from our fans.

The only other player i can think of is bougie....and thats only cause hes been out for so long and people think he has lost interest in rangers.

please tell me other RFC players who get more stick...cause its boyd the forums, supporters and media all target. :pierre:

Much better footballers than Boyd get a lot more stick from our fans.

The only other player i can think of is bougie....and thats only cause hes been out for so long and people think he has lost interest in rangers.

please tell me other RFC players who get more stick...cause its boyd the forums, supporters and media all target. :pierre:

Yer arse.

I see more derogatives thrown at Mendes and Davis than I ever see directed at Boyd.

If Boyd can continue to work as hard as he has done in the last couple of games then no-one will have a problem with him. His goals speak for himself but his all round game leaves so much to be desired.

His critics (and i'm of his biggest ones) aren't asking him to bust a gut and run down the channels and shite like that. We are asking him to do the basics i.e. control the ball make a pass, improve his fitness, which is lacking and improve his link-up play.

He showed in patches last season that he can do it and in the past couple of games he has made that improvement then I'd be more than happy with him.

Boyd's biggest problem is we know he can do more so why isn't he adding that to his games. His form in the past couple of games has shown that his goalscoring doesn't detract from his all round game.