Boyd

TheNuts

Body  

135 members have voted

1. 1. Boyd the best striker in the last decade?

• Yes, of course
    • No

Mendes' is the player within our squad who gets the most unjust stick IMO.

Rothen is a close second.

And for everyone that gives them stick, there are just as many justifiably defending them too, its no different

Not really, I think about three people including myself and DBBTB defending Mendes the last time he was everyone's scapegoat for everything.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably the main reason for all of the discussions about Boyd is that he's lumped into a wider debate about goalscorers that really has nothing to do with him. Traditional logic dictates that a player with a great goalscoring record is the most valuable player in the team and should start every game, but plenty of people will argue these days that what a player does when he's not scoring goals is just as important. Boyd's general play has improved a bit, but he's still a good example for both sides of that debate to beat each other over the head with.

At the moment Boyd may not be getting the stick that Mendes or Rothen do, but last season, and the one before he was definitely up there, if not the main scape goat for pretty much everything.

His better play recently has seen people lay off him a bit on here it seems (and other sites) but in the past it was alot worse than that of Mendes or Rothen, i don't see anyone calling either of those two 'cunts' or 'shouldn't be at rangers - waste of a jersey', worst i've heard of either is "they don't turn up enough".

The person who gets it worst would probably be McCulloch actually, maybe Miller.

but in the past it was alot worse than that of Mendes or Rothen, i don't see anyone calling either of those two 'cunts' or 'shouldn't be at rangers - waste of a jersey', worst i've heard of either is "they don't turn up enough".

I have seen them getting called worse than some of the stuff you mentioned above, Jerome Rothen especially.

Kris Boyd has done a lot better in the last 2-3 games, we'll see if he can keep it up on Saturday, and beyond?

Far too many times, he's let everyone down with going back to him old self, let's hope he's finally changed this time.

i really dont see anybody who puts in more effort.

You have to be taking the piss?

You try to take the Boydy Ultras (new name! :P) seriously then someone says that.

It's frankly just a lie.

I think we'll have to check and see if McBoyd and unionbear have the same IP.. :sherlock:

nope, just great minds think alike... :praise:

i really dont see anybody who puts in more effort.

You have to be taking the piss?

You try to take the Boydy Ultras (new name! :P) seriously then someone says that.

It's frankly just a lie.

I think we'll have to check and see if McBoyd and unionbear have the same IP.. :sherlock:

nope, just great minds think alike... :praise:

i have good solid evidence that unionbear wants mcboyd up the toleypipe

Until Rangers can afford a Mols then we have to appreciate what we have in Boyd.

Top scorer for us last three seasons, top SPL scorer the last two and will no doubt do all that again and break Larssons record? We could have worse.

You are so right, we could still have cult hero Sebo

Until Rangers can afford a Mols then we have to appreciate what we have in Boyd.

Top scorer for us last three seasons, top SPL scorer the last two and will no doubt do all that again and break Larssons record? We could have worse.

You are so right, we could still have cult hero Sebo

There's a list of them, Egil Ostenstad, Sebo, Capucho, Bo Anderson.

In my opinion, Boydy gets a lot of stick for being over weight and lazy, which I feel is unfair.

We are all born with different physiques and Boydy just happens not to be built like an athlete.

Hardly his fault though and nobody can complain about his contribution to the team, even if at times he looks to be lethargic.

Someone worked out last season on here that we average more goals without Boyd in the side than we do with him in the side.....and that's despite him often missing our tougher games and always playing in the pumpings we often dish out to the likes of Hamilton and previously Gretna at Ibrox.

Only around 19% of Boyd's goals overall last season (22% of his league goals) were scored against the top 6.

The idea that if Boyd plays he scores is a myth........he's scored in around 47% of the games he's played in for Rangers. Still a stronger record than our other strikers, but the problem is that Boyd's performance levels are generally so poor that it means we are playing with a passenger who isn't scoring in over half his games for us.

The most crucial matches we play each season are against Celtic and his record is 1 goal in 8 Old Firm starts.

I'm sure I read the other day in the evening times that Boyd has scored just 2 or 3 goals in around 18 european appearances for us.

I respect the opinion of those that want Boyd in the side, but his inclusion is not as simple as some make out........he's our top scorer so he must play. Simply not the case, there are reasonable arguments as to why he shouldn't start for us.

I respect the opinion of those that want Boyd in the side, but his inclusion is not as simple as some make out........he's our top scorer so he must play. Simply not the case, there are reasonable arguments as to why he shouldn't start for us.

Not before we get another frequent goalscorer there's not. The fact is that if Boyd doesn't play, we're relying on Novo, Miller or Lafferty to score. NONE of them can be relied on to do so.

Boyd in another era would be a worldbeating superhero in our eyes.

Problem is he has never had the chance to play in a proper Rangers team that can afford to carry a poacher ala Super Ally

If Boyd was around for 9IAR team for example, he would have scored twice as many at least, been worth mega money, and everyone would be talking about him as a demi-god.

If he played 1 season for Man Utd, and did what he does for us, he would be worth £50m.

Victim of circumstances, and not appreciated nearly enough.

I have ALWAYS said this.

Someone worked out last season on here that we average more goals without Boyd in the side than we do with him in the side.....and that's despite him often missing our tougher games and always playing in the pumpings we often dish out to the likes of Hamilton and previously Gretna at Ibrox.

Only around 19% of Boyd's goals overall last season (22% of his league goals) were scored against the top 6.

The idea that if Boyd plays he scores is a myth........he's scored in around 47% of the games he's played in for Rangers. Still a stronger record than our other strikers, but the problem is that Boyd's performance levels are generally so poor that it means we are playing with a passenger who isn't scoring in over half his games for us.

The most crucial matches we play each season are against Celtic and his record is 1 goal in 8 Old Firm starts.

I'm sure I read the other day in the evening times that Boyd has scored just 2 or 3 goals in around 18 european appearances for us.

Stats can be misleading, i think if you look carefully enough you could always pick out a stat that makes an individual player look bad.

Talking about now, his overall displays have been good recently and he's been scoring consistently after having a dry patch. So right now there's more to wanting him in the side than him just being our top goalscorer, he's one of the best performers in the team currently and certainly the best striker. Lafferty got 20 minutes today and he was a complete joke!

Take out Danny Wilson, and Kris Boyd was the best player on the park!

Full of running, linked up well, tracked back, looked for the ball, closed the Killie defence down, drifted out wide, scored a goal, was never offside after his goal, tried to create....

Keep it up Boyd (tu)

I thought Kris Boyd was fucking brilliant today, was everyone one wanted in a striker bar a better timing of his runs that led to him being offside where he could have scored some more.

Take out Danny Wilson, and Kris Boyd was the best player on the park!

Full of running, linked up well, tracked back, looked for the ball, closed the Killie defence down, drifted out wide, scored a goal, was never offside after his goal, tried to create....

Keep it up Boyd (tu)

Perhaps we should only put him on six month contracts from now on!