Walter on Jamie Ness & when he'll get his chance

Boab

Nov 29 2009 Euan Mclean,

Walter Smith is ready to unleash another Rangers superkid after the success of rookie defender Danny Wilson.

The Ibrox boss has picked out midfielder Jamie Ness as the next rising star.

And the 18-year-old is set to follow in the footsteps of Murray Park graduates Wilson and John Fleck before the end of the year.

But Smith insists he won't throw his talented kids to the lions by keeping them in the spotlight for too long.

The 61-year-old gaffer has seen too many promising talents fall by the wayside after struggling to handle the Old Firm circus.

Smith said: "Jamie will be an excellent player.

"He's an athletic boy and can play. Jamie has been unfortunate with injuries so he's only now getting to the stage where he has had fairly consistent football.

"Hopefully within the next few weeks we will get a view of him.

<a href="http://www.&lt;No links to this website&gt;/football/spl/rangers/2009/11/29/jamie-ness-will-be-next-rangers-kid-to-get-first-team-action-says-boss-walter-smith-86908-21859269/" target="_blank">http://www.&lt;No links to this website&gt;/football/spl/...86908-21859269/</a>

It might make watching Rangers more bearable, to see another Murray Park star sparkle though I can't see why he hasn't been in before now instead of McCulloch, Ness is even older than Wilson.

Edited the OP for clarity.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm glad to hear it. It's a shame that our current financial state is the reason that these players are now only getting their chance when it is quite clear that they are better than what we have. I look forward to seeing Wilson, Ness and Fleck all playing in the same team.

Even more nonsense quotes from the article; The 61-year-old gaffer has seen too many promising talents fall by the wayside after struggling to handle the Old Firm circus.

How many promising talents has he ever given a proper run in the team? Was it 2 or 3?

only 2 i can think of and that was Charlie Miller and the other is Stephen Pressley (but he wasnt a promising player he was just a wank)