Steven Davis and Madjid Bougherra

Amac9

I thought the two of them were superb today, along with Allan McGregor.

Bougherra came back into the side and played as if he had a real point to prove to the management team, the fans and his team mates. He set up Boyd's first goal with a great run and cross as well as looking solid at the back. Will Sevilla be the chance to see Bougherra and Wilson play at the back with Weir earning a rest?

And as for Steven Davis, I thought he was MOTM. Playing on the right he looked up for it and throughout the 90 minutes he put in one great shift. Tucking inside to get the ball, running at the Falkirk midfield and defence, having a big hand in the second goal, keeping it simple as well as helping Whittaker out on the right. Deserved a goal towards the end of the game.

Overall it was not a great performance but we got the 3 points with these 2 deserving a big shout IMO.

Bougherra played pretty well I thought, he clearly adds another dimension when he starts for us.

Davis was the standout of another average Rangers midfield display. Linked up well and carried Lee and Thomson through the match

Boogie is our best player, i think people have forgotten that in there ruch to attack him and see him driven from the club, performnaces like that are how he plays most weeks.

Davis is the best midfielder in scotland but he just doesn't do it often enough.......

IMO it is down to playing with some of the garbage beside him.

If we can get Mendes and Edu back up to speed in the coming weeks as well as Thomson getting his level of performances up on a consistant basis then we might see him become more consistant.

Boogie is our best player, i think people have forgotten that in there ruch to attack him and see him driven from the club, performnaces like that are how he plays most weeks.

Davis is the best midfielder in scotland but he just doesn't do it often enough.......

IMO it is down to playing with some of the garbage beside him.

If we can get Mendes and Edu back up to speed in the coming weeks as well as Thomson getting his level of performances up on a consistant basis then we might see him become more consistant.

I think we need a complete overhaul of the Midfield TBH get shot of most of them McCulloch shouldnt be near the 1st XI. Only thing he is good for is making the tea at half time.

Thought McGregor, Bougherra, Davis, Thomson (2nd half) and Boyd, all had fairly good games.

Great to see Bougherra back, and at times, our only defensive, and offfensive option. He offers a bit of pace, width, and quality, which for a center back, is pretty impressive.

I wonder if the people that called him, scum, traitor, GTF, really not that good....are hurting :rolleyes:

Thought McGregor, Bougherra, Davis, Thomson (2nd half) and Boyd, all had fairly good games.

Great to see Bougherra back, and at times, our only defensive, and offfensive option. He offers a bit of pace, width, and quality, which for a center back, is pretty impressive.

I wonder if the people that called him, scum, traitor, GTF, really not that good....are hurting :rolleyes:

I just wish we had a player like him in midfield just now we are really struggling for a ball winner in midfield and a creative spark

Sooooo good to have boughie back!!

No worries in the defense for me today

Props to big davie weir !!!

I was still dissapointed Wilson didn't get a start, would rather have seen Bougherra at Right back and Whittaker on the bench, didn't have many major fuck ups today but if Falkirk had attacked the right flank more things might have been different. Anyways three points and good preformances from Boyd, Miller, Davis, Bougherra and McGregor. Poor show from Novo though, last few games he has been playing terrible.

His performance today doesn't change the fact that he still has no loyalty or respect for the club, he has a World Cup ahead of him and will be looking to impress both the Algerian manager and other clubs. I have never questioned his ability and effort on the pitch but his attitude of it has been shocking.

His performance today doesn't change the fact that he still has no loyalty or respect for the club, he has a World Cup ahead of him and will be looking to impress both the Algerian manager and other clubs. I have never questioned his ability and effort on the pitch but his attitude of it has been shocking.

He gave his reasons, the manager has forgiven him, it's now in the past. Surely for Rangers sake, it's time to get over it ;)

Lee McCulloch and Kenny Miller were just as bad, had nothing to do with them, but had to get their say in.

End of the day, we need Bougherra, and you can never question him once he pulls on a Rangers jersey!

He gave his reasons, the manager has forgiven him, it's now in the past. Surely for Rangers sake, it's time to get over it ;)

Lee McCulloch and Kenny Miller were just as bad, had nothing to do with them, but had to get their say in.

End of the day, we need Bougherra, and you can never question him once he pulls on a Rangers jersey!

I personally would love to see him in a Rangers jersey week in and out, I just don't want other players to get shafted for him to make a swift exit at the first chance. McCulloch and Miller need to keep their mouths shut, its embarassing reading the shite they spew to the press. What right does McCulloch have to speak about football?

Bougherra adds much needed width and would be a much better RB than Whittaker. Davis was pretty good and Thommo was the only guy really chasing up the Falkirk defenders forcing them to punt it. Boyd is now capable of the lone role as his link up play was good, even if his only decent pass is one to the right flank. The bulk of the performance was awful as guys like Mcculloch and Whittaker are wastes of a shirt imo and the less Miller tries to score the better. Wilson needed a rest, but overall great result, Beasly and Novo did pretty well and provided good width and general play.

Bougherra was good, if a little bit lapse at times, but id put that down to lack of first team football over the past 2 months! Him, Steven Davis, Mcgregor and Boyd I felt were our top performers with Thomson looking to be a lot sharper! Its just a pity Mcculloch dragged them down at times. When we kept the ball on the deck and got our strikers involved and players out wide we did well.

Davis plays better on the right than in the middle, IMO.

Personally, I'd like a clone of him playing in both positions. He's our best RM and CM.

Himself, Bougherra, McGregor and Boyd were very good today. Thomson, Weir and Papac were decent.

The rest of that starting lineup were pretty hopeless (even if Miller finished with an assist and a goal).

Comma splice oot yer nut :lol: :lol:

Agree with the 3 players you mention and would add Boyd to that list as well. Took his goals well and all round play was very good at times.

Davis was trying passes that no other player would and should be commended for that as well as his constant back-tracking and drive going forward.

McGregor again pulled off a string of excellent saves and his confidence/form is well and truelly back.

Bougherra was excellent as well, he has had a kick up the arse for sure & has come out of it with the right attitude. Was solid at the back and good coming forward, Falkirk couldn't deal with his power and he caused them plenty of problems.

I thought the two of them were superb today, along with Allan McGregor.

Bougherra came back into the side and played as if he had a real point to prove to the management team, the fans and his team mates. He set up Boyd's first goal with a great run and cross as well as looking solid at the back. Will Sevilla be the chance to see Bougherra and Wilson play at the back with Weir earning a rest?

And as for Steven Davis, I thought he was MOTM. Playing on the right he looked up for it and throughout the 90 minutes he put in one great shift. Tucking inside to get the ball, running at the Falkirk midfield and defence, having a big hand in the second goal, keeping it simple as well as helping Whittaker out on the right. Deserved a goal towards the end of the game.

Overall it was not a great performance but we got the 3 points with these 2 deserving a big shout IMO.

Davis was, by a long,long margin,the classiest player on the park today.When he's on,he's an amazing talent. (tu)