***The Great Walter Debate***

Ryan_1

***The Great Walter Poll***  

150 members have voted

1. 1. Should Walter and his management stay or go?

• Go, the sooner the better
    • Go, hopefully in January/when a new owner comes in
    • Go, at the end of the season
    • Stay, he is the man for the job
    • Stay, as there is nobody better for the job
    • Stay, as we are in no position to be looking for a new manager

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think WS should see this season out and then leave. He signed most of this poor team and if he left now their heads would go down. Seen we are still in with a chance of trophies let's hope we can win them all. Even if we win the treble I hope WS goes. (Out on a high.)

Sooner the better. Should have went under Kaunas. We are going backwards under him again.

So which manager would of won us the title last season?

Alot of manager would have. That Celtic team was on its knees. The league should have been won well before it was.

Guest johngers
Smith is a chequebook manager who generally only wins things when outspending every other team competing. If he doesn't then he bemoans the lack of money.

He simply cannot work on a shoestring. His time at Everton was proof of that, if needed.

I'd say considering the mass of debt we're in, he's doing a not bad job so far this season.

Smith is a chequebook manager who generally only wins things when outspending every other team competing. If he doesn't then he bemoans the lack of money.

He simply cannot work on a shoestring. His time at Everton was proof of that, if needed.

I'd say considering the mass of debt we're in, he's doing a not bad job so far this season.

Considering the amount of money he's had compared to Levein or Hughes, we should be light years ahead of the likes of Dundee Utd and Hibs.

We're hardly any better than them.

Sooner the better. Should have went under Kaunas. We are going backwards under him again.

So which manager would of won us the title last season?

Alot of manager would have. That Celtic team was on its knees. The league should have been won well before it was.

I think you are being naive. That celtic team may of been shite but we weren't in any great shape either. Walter's old firm games were fantastic bar the one at Ibrox which we lost but he won the ones which did matter in the end.

Let him go at the end of the season - he deserves that at least. I respect the man for 9IAR and respect him as a gentleman, but his Euro record overall is appalling and his tactics are continually baffling and increasingly indefensible. We desperately need a change - someone who will actually address and rectify the glaring problems that are on show week in and week out.

There are 4 teams within 4 points of each other at the top of the table. We are getting dragged down to the level of the others. As for Smith, he should go now. He is only surviving because of misplaced sentimentality.

I didn't want him back in the first place and I can see him leaving the club in a shambles once again; only this time we will not be able to throw money to sort the squad out.

To be fair to the bold Walter he left a mess last time but left a few pretty good players. It's just he couldn't get anywhere near the best out of them and his football then, like now was dire.

He left us Amoruso, Moore, Porrini, Albertz, Ferguson (both), Gattuso, Vidmar. I'm pretty sure we'd been trying to get Klos under him as well so think he deserves credit for that.

I think this time he'll leave maybe five or six players that will do well under a new manager.

Part of me wonders if Walter would be useful as a scout. He spots some absolute belters but like every manager signs some duds. I think he'd be better sourcing us defenders than he would as manager.