Should Bougherra be sold in January?

CanadianBacon

Just noticed today that he's missing the Ne'erday clashes with the Mhanks (plus other games) due to his international commitments - none of which was unexpected, of course, but his 'previous' would indicate he's more concerned about the World Cup than the club who pay his wages.

Good player (not as great as he thinks he is), but I'd sell him.

Opinions? :pierre:

Just noticed today that he's missing the Ne'erday clashes with the Mhanks (plus other games) due to his international commitments - none of which was unexpected, of course, but his 'previous' would indicate he's more concerned about the World Cup than the club who pay his wages.

I think we should keep him till after the World Cup and see if we can get as much as possible for him

Our best defender, our best attacking midfielder (davis aside)...

I think he probably is actually :rolleyes:

We must keep him, tho a bit miffed he's missing the old firm game :angry: His attitude to internationals is a real shame for us.

Our best defender, our best attacking midfielder...

I think he probably is actually :rolleyes:

In amongst our present lot, you may be right, but, I still maintain he's not as good as HE thinks he is. :)

Like it or not he is our best player Shagger aside. Selling him would probably see us blow the title and make little difference to our debt problem. Keeping him and getting into Champs L next year is a far more attractive option.

As was publicly stated recently, his 'commitment' (or lack thereof) was noted by the rest of the squad.

OK, so it was only Kenny Mhisser who went public with it, but the point remains valid.

We need them all pulling in the same direction.....I'm not sure Boogie is. <cr>

i say keep him and the reason for this, is simple. If boogie goes come january then we can pretty much forget about a good chuck of cash for him however when he goes to play in the ANC and turns in a blinding performence especially against the english then you can pretty much say we might just get between 5-9 million for him.

i hear man city are looking at him

has it been confirmed that he will miss the ne'er day game??

I understood that he would be playing in this game before leaving for the African Nations.

I heard Algeria wanted him to attend a training camp but I was under the impression that he wasn't going in order to play against celtc.

i didnt think that national teams could demand or force teams to let players play or train with them, can we not just tell them to fuck off? its unreasonable for them to demand this with that run of games.

i didnt think that national teams could demand or force teams to let players play or train with them, can we not just tell them to fuck off? its unreasonable for them to demand this with that run of games.

Actually I think they can - the only get out (as far as I know) is an injury to the player whereby the club can deem him unfit to play nationally - unfortunately that then stops him playing for his club team (it avoids club's pulling a flanker).

It's a mess, regardless.

Keep him, he's our best player imo. We knew he'd be playing in the African nations and if Algeria request that he joins a training camp then we it's not Bougherra's fault.

P.S I thought he was playing in new year game?

Smith said: "He has asked if he can stay until after the Old Firm game, but so far he hasn't been given permission.

"Hopefully there can be a resolution and we won't lose him for the game."

They are away from 27 December," said Smith of players starring in the African Cup of Nations.

"If they reach the final, they are not back until 3 or 4 February, so it's a long spell away, but when you sign an African player you know every couple of years you are going to have that loss.

"It's something we have always known was going to happen, so we have to accommodate the loss of the player."

Look's to me as if Bougherra has asked to be allowed to play in the celtc match.

I see Paul Le Guen is allowing Landry N'Guemo to play in it.

Bougherra has asked to be allowed to travel to the African Nations Cup straight after the Old Firm game on January 3rd.

If permission is denied then he would miss the games away to Hibs, home to Dundee Utd and of course the New Year Old Firm clash.

But Bougherra has said to Algeria he would like to stay for these 3 matches.