Bougherra dreaming of Premier League transfer.

papaguy51

As long as he put's in the performances, and doesn't let us down on the park, then I can stomach him until the summer!

Andy Webster CANNOT be recalled, Weir is finished, and Broadfoot cannot play at center back. Unless we are getting a top class replacement - which we won't, then Bougherra must stay!

Pretty obvious ;)

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Where do people get figures like £8 million from.

Chalton paid £2.5 million for him from Sheffield Wednesday then sold him to us for the same.

He's stood out in the worst Rangers SIDE for 30 yrs, at a time when Scottish Football is at an all time low.

So could someone explain to me what he's done in that time to in increase his transfer value from £2.5 million

to £8 million.

If Bobby Zamora's worth £5m, Bougherra's worth £8m.

Chalton paid £2.5 million for him from Sheffield Wednesday then sold him to us for the same.

He's stood out in the worst Rangers SIDE for 30 yrs, at a time when Scottish Football is at an all time low.

So could someone explain to me what he's done in that time to in increase his transfer value from £2.5 million

to £8 million.

If Glen Loovens is worth £3m, then Madjid Bougherra is worth £8m, but we won't get that for him ;)

I reckon we'd get between £4-5m for Bougherra, and he's only worth what a team are willing to pay for him, especially in our circumstances.

Shameful timing to come out with this guff of a comment.

We've known for a while his heart 'aint here any more, but why continually show it with no shows or silly press stories. Nice of him to 'decide' he'd prefer to stay until the summer as it would be 'tricky' to move while away. Who's he thinking of here...Rangers....nah...himself!

1st January I'd be accepting the first sensible bid we get & TELLING him he's no longer a Rangers player. Couldn't give a shit if it inconveniences the cunt! We need players 100% committed to bring the title back again. At least that way we would have a month to find a good defender who can come in & work with Wilson before Weir retires!

Sick of this guy now....best player or not!

If bougherrra leaves for the African cups on the 27th of December as requested, and doesnt want to play in the Old Firm game then he can GTF.

Any rangers player that choses internation training over an old firm game, shouldnt be at the club.

He isn't choosing it.

He's been told he has to.

he returns late to Rangers a few times, but he cant turn up late for Algeria.

he could easily request to get leave from Rangers a wee bit later.

to £8 million.

If Bobby Zamora's worth £5m, Bougherra's worth £8m.

If Charlie Adam was thin he'd be worth £12million.

If bougherrra leaves for the African cups on the 27th of December as requested, and doesnt want to play in the Old Firm game then he can GTF.

Any rangers player that choses internation training over an old firm game, shouldnt be at the club.

He isn't choosing it.

The Algerian coach has made it clear that all players have to report for training on 27th Decemeber.

He isn't choosing it.

The Algerian coach has made it clear that all players have to report for training on 27th Decemeber.

Smiths made a request to keep him until after the Old Firm game. So we'll just have to wait and see.

we shouldnt be selling our best players in the jan transfer window. Sell fringe players yes but not key players. Anyway bougherras value will rocket in the summer after the world cup especially if he has a good game against england.

If Algeria don't let him play in the Old firm game then they should be told he will sit in our stiffs until the end of the season so he'll go to the world cup unfit. Fek them and their unreasonable demands. Club comes first always !! Either that or get rid of now. No player is bigger than the club.

If Algeria don't let him play in the Old firm game then they should be told he will sit in our stiffs until the end of the season so he'll go to the world cup unfit. Fek them and their unreasonable demands. Club comes first always !! Either that or get rid of now. No player is bigger than the club.

You can't do that with such a high profile player. Look what happened to McGregor. £9m keeper one minute, then after one boozed up sesh with the Scotland Squad we almost let him go for any money! Different circs I know but not playing the player sees their value plummet.

If I had my way I'd sell him in January. He's playing well now & if he impresses in the Af.N.C then we should accept a bid then. Algeria will no doubt play a fair few friendlies before the World Cup. This will mean him leaving for even more international games and can he be trusted to come back on time from each of them? No. Best thing for RANGERS...get the money while we can in January! (tu)

He isn't choosing it.

Smiths made a request to keep him until after the Old Firm game. So we'll just have to wait and see.

you think trying to get him to stay for a few extra days is hard, how hard is it going to be to get him back, he isn't exactly reliable :lol:

My thoughts before this interview were that we should sell him in January. After reading this I am even more convinced.

He has, on the face of it, ripped the piss out of us with his late returns from International duty. Now he further demonstrates his disdain by saying that it suits him better to stick around. Well maybe it doesn't suit Rangers Bougie? Maybe we have a young centre half just dying to take your place in the team? We will be losing him after the Celtic game for a few weeks anyway and then his mind will be on not getting injured for the world cup.

We might get a bit more money for him if we wait until after the world cup, but then again, we might not. Sell him if we can in the window and get Wilson in the team.. we have emergency cover in Papac and Broadfoot if someone gets injured.

I felt the same about Cousin, anyone who comes out publicly and says they want a move away should be allowed to go immediately. Leave the self promoting until your job is done and the season is over

Nail on head mate.

If he wants to leave then punt him in January and let Wilson continue learning beside Weir. Any player who does not want to be here long term and play in every game can simply gtf as far as I'm concerned.

(tu)

A player of his quality as never going to be at Ibrox for more than a few seasons.

People may not like it but id take one or two of these players at Ibrox every year, especially if we double or even triple our investment

Some people aren't happy at the thought of Rangers finding players and selling them on, but thats what we need to do if we want to increase the money coming into the club. Its what teams like Ajax do.

Don't have a problem with finding players and then selling them on so long as we call the shots as to when they are sold. I certainly will not accept a player stating that he wants to move and he wants to dictate when a move will happen.

I don't think we have the depth of squad to allow Bougherra to leave in January.

Yes, Danny Wilson could step in and provide an able replacement - his ability to pass a long ball accurately may make up for Bougies attacking runs - but what happens if he gets injured? We'll have Whittaker back at RB to move Broadfoot into the middle and we'll start shipping goals again. There's a lot of football to be played between January and the end of the season and in our current situation it's more important than ever to make sure that we win the league.

Not worth the risk.

Keep him 'til the Summer, win the league, take the money :)

I'm tried of Boogie. Good player no doubt. Massive ego? For sure. Premiership ability? Barely average.

He can GTF... he does not have The Rangers at heart.. we all know it.. he knows it and basically comes out with it.

Tired of his pish. Hope your team get hammered in the Nation Cup Bougherra.

Bougherra had hoped a personal plea with manager Rabah Saadane could give him a chance of playing, but it seems his request was rejected.

"I have asked the coach of Algeria if I can stay to play in the Old Firm match," he said.

"I want to be there for these important games for Rangers. I am waiting for the response; I don't know what he will say."

Skysport