Jerome Rothen on his current situation

Boab

By ROGER HANNAH

Published: 17 Dec 2009

He said: "PSG is my club and is always in my heart.

"I only left Paris because I sensed something good at Rangers with the Champions League and a new championship. But now I am so disappointed.

"I do not have any problems with the coach, but luck has not been with me from my arrival in Scotland."

Boss Walter Smith swooped for Rothen after he played against Rangers at the Emirates Cup in London in August. He was a stand-out in only his second game as Gers began their Champions League campaign with a 1-1 draw in Stuttgart.

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/ho...me-go-Gers.html

Walter talks about it: http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?...t&p=3977701

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?...t&p=3974619 - 'Club Source' says he wants to leave? No name at all.

None of these quotes indicate him wanting to leave at all, maybe he'll say that in later articles I don't know but not like the Sun to exaggerate would it :rolleyes:

Reading between the lines would indicate him wanting to go but that's not obvious.

None of these quotes indicate him wanting to leave at all, maybe he'll say that in later articles I don't know but not like the Sun to exaggerate would it :rolleyes:

Reading between the lines would indicate him wanting to go but that's not obvious.

good riddance to bad rubbish.

Don't let the door hit you in the arse on the way out jerome.

Yup.

He's saying how disappointed he is about how it's gone so far and he's declared how much he loved PSG (a club he's supported since a boy).

Again, the quotes about Walter and luck not being on his side indicate nothing about him wanting to leave.

Typical rags looking to stir up a storm in a tea cup as soon as we reach top of the league and turn in our best performance of the season!

Yup.

He's saying how disappointed he is about how it's gone so far and he's declared how much he loved PSG (a club he's supported since a boy).

Again, the quotes about Walter and luck not being on his side indicate nothing about him wanting to leave.

Typical rags looking to stir up a storm in a tea cup as soon as we reach top of the league and turn in our best performance of the season!

Good, I never took the newspaper's headline then for the thread title (tu):lol:

Yup.

Aye, haha.

Funny how talk about that went on earlier today or yesterday, was it?

It's really quite a poor attempt at twisting his words.

Yup.

Aye, haha.

Funny how talk about that went on earlier today or yesterday, was it?

It's really quite a poor attempt at twisting his words.

It sure is. http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?...t&p=3969410

I suppose its all about catching the eye though, not defending the media though.

starts different

JEROME ROTHEN wants Rangers to tear up his season-long deal and end his Ibrox nightmare.

The French flop has made little impact since his deadline-day loan move from Paris St Germain.

The ex-international winger has played just eight times for Gers and has even been floored by a dose of swine flu.

Now Rothen, 31, will plead with Gers to allow him to return to PSG in January. He said: "PSG is my club and is always in my heart.

"I only left Paris because I sensed something good at Rangers with the Champions League and a new championship. But now I am so disappointed.

"I do not have any problems with the coach, but luck has not been with me from my arrival in Scotland."

Boss Walter Smith swooped for Rothen after he played against Rangers at the Emirates Cup in London in August. He was a stand-out in only his second game as Gers began their Champions League campaign with a 1-1 draw in Stuttgart.

But his subsequent form was erratic and he was criticised for a poor showing in the 4-1 Champions League home defeat by Unirea Urziceni in October.

He hasn't featured since then and has tumbled behind DaMarcus Beasley, Nacho Novo, John Fleck and Stevie Naismith in the pecking order.

I like Rothen - he shouldn't be out wide though (especially on the fckin right, Walter) he should be in the centre where we could use his passing ability. The guy has talent but sadly no-one at Ibrox knows how to utilise it

Might be argued that if he didn't show passing ability out wide and could not handle the attention from opponents there, how could he stand up to the hurly burly and show passing ability in central midfield.

I thought he was an empty shirt looking for an easy time and not enjoying how the game is played here.

I like Rothen - he shouldn't be out wide though (especially on the fckin right, Walter) he should be in the centre where we could use his passing ability. The guy has talent but sadly no-one at Ibrox knows how to utilise it

Might be argued that if he didn't show passing ability out wide and could not handle the attention from opponents there, how could he stand up to the hurly burly and show passing ability in central midfield.

I thought he was an empty shirt looking for an easy time and not enjoying how the game is played here.

In all honesty, like MOST French players that come over here.

Quite hilarious we have already had the "out of poisition" crap already, given, we have only played him in positions he has played throughout his entire career!

Quite hilarious we have already had the "out of poisition" crap already, given, we have only played him in positions he has played throughout his entire career!

I've never seen him play right mid once :unsure:

Regardless, cut our losses now. A waste of whatever cash we're spending on him.

I've never seen him play right mid once :unsure:

Regardless, cut our losses now. A waste of whatever cash we're spending on him.

Im pretty confident he will be punted in January TBH he has been a huge let down for us. Clearly not interested in playing in the SPL

I think his signing served its purpose....

Last day of the window, Rangers not signing a single player, when out of the hat a rabbit is pulled.... a Rothen rabbit but a Rabbit nonetheless.... There was much excitement on here, much pontification about making the best signing of the Summer, the French Beckham, outstanding delivery, a class act that will show his worth in the Champions League... we were captivated for at least a few days perhaps even weeks.... alas it has not even come close to working out on the field... perhaps it was never expected to.... but hey we watched the shiny thing :-)