Just drove past Easter Rd

alfraser1963

not looking good for Sunday.Roads still got loads of snow and all the pavements are covered in snow as well.Seems to be no effort being made to clear them,so unless there is a rapid thaw,game has to be in doubt.Looks like Edin Council roads dept workers are sleeping as usual

Probably waiting for the last of the snow to fall -- if any -- before clearing. Last I checked it's going to be approx 4-5 Celsius on Sunday... game will be on.

But.. who can blame hibs for not wanting to face the Mighty Glasgow Rangers?

Probably waiting for the last of the snow to fall -- if any -- before clearing. Last I checked it's going to be approx 4-5 Celsius on Sunday... game will be on.

BBC Weather currently has it no higher than 1 C in Edinburgh between now and Sunday so it doesn't look like there'll be a thaw before the game. That said, as long as there is no further snow they should still be able to get the game on. The TV company (is it Sky or ESPN for this one?) will put a lot of pressure on, so hopefully it will go ahead.

BBC Weather currently has it no higher than 1 C in Edinburgh between now and Sunday so it doesn't look like there'll be a thaw before the game. That said, as long as there is no further snow they should still be able to get the game on. The TV company (is it Sky or ESPN for this one?) will put a lot of pressure on, so hopefully it will go ahead.

Its Sky mate

not looking good for Sunday.Roads still got loads of snow and all the pavements are covered in snow as well.Seems to be no effort being made to clear them,so unless there is a rapid thaw,game has to be in doubt.Looks like Edin Council roads dept workers are sleeping as usual

edinburgh council is a joke and are useless at cleaning the roads. The main roads will be okay for sunday and as long as hibs get their pitch in order i cant see any problems.

It said on Sky Sports News earlier today that the undersoil heating at Easter Road wil be left on over Christmas, so the pitch should be playable. It's just up to Edinburgh Council to pull the finger out and make sure the surrounding areas are okay.

It said on Sky Sports News earlier today that the undersoil heating at Easter Road wil be left on over Christmas, so the pitch should be playable. It's just up to Edinburgh Council to pull the finger out and make sure the surrounding areas are okay.

(tu)

pitch looks fine on ssn. the main roads are not too bad in the area (in that where i live i can see the excuse of a stadium from my flat window). the game will go ahead, te sfa are under so much pressure to get top flight games played this season after the mess of the last couple of seasons

Unless there is a snow blizzard or a major freeze over, then this game will go ahead!

Hibs will want this game to go ahead, just as much as we do!

Yep, and they have under soil heating and a good groundsman.