Kirk Broadfoot to sign this afternoon

gleem

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Keredine Idesane says it's unclear whether it's pre-contract but his understanding is we're gonna sign a St Mirren defender Kirk Broadfoot.

All I can say is 'u wot'.

I went to see St Mirren 2 seasons ago and was was impressed with Kirk. He reminded me of a 'modern day libero'. Ie, an attacking Central defender in the mould of Franz Beckenbauer.

I think it could be a good signing, Gus seems like a good guy to learn from and aye, good from me.

Lastly, slightly surprised at Danny's comments I thought more of him than that tbh or maybe it was a go at the unclear reporting from the BBC reporter.

Lastly, slightly surprised at Danny's comments I thought more of him than that tbh

*sigh*

Ok, yet someone else having a go at me :(

What have I done now!

I really didn't want it to sound as if I was havin' a big at ye, honest! I just sayin I was surprised

'Thought more of him than that'

Me = lost.

From what I've seen of Broadfoot, which admittedly isn't too much (couple of games live & and a few on tv), he struck me as a journeyman and no better than that. If he IS coming to us then I hope I'm wrong, but surely there are better players out there?

:unsure:

I know nothing about him but:

Do the manks really have no scouts, why are they always linked with players we're linked with?? A prime example:

Football transfer rumours about Kirk Broadfoot

Rumour Date 03/Mar/2007

To Club Rangers

News Paper Daily Star

Transfer Amount 75k

St Mirren defender Kirk Broadfoot could be set for a £75,000 move to Rangers

Rumour Date 24/Feb/2007

To Club Celtic

News Paper Daily Record

Transfer Amount

St Mirren defender Kirk Broadfoot is poised for a summer switch to Celtic

Rumour Date 09/Feb/2007

To Club Rangers

News Paper The Express

Transfer Amount

http://www.footballtransferleague.co.uk/fo...=Kirk+Broadfoot

Annoying stinky bastids!! :mellow:

tbh I haven't seen any of this player so can't really pass judgement on him, but if its true then I trust Walter 100%, he generally has a decent record with identifying defenders.

St Mirren manager Gus MacPherson has confirmed that Rangers have made an enquiry about defender Kirk Broadfoot.

The 22-year-old, who can play at left-back or in central defence, has been with the Buddies since 2002.

The Scotland Under-21 international will be out of contract in the summer and is therefore free to talk to other clubs about a move.

However, MacPherson told BBC Sport that he was not aware of any agreement being reached with Rangers.

tbh I haven't seen any of this player so can't really pass judgement on him, but if its true then I trust Walter 100%, he generally has a decent record with identifying defenders.

(tu)

Gus mcpherson says in his interview today that walter smith has made enquires on the avalibility of kirk Broadfoot who i understand to be out of contract in the summer. Is he good enough to be a rangers player week in and week out?

He's much more skilful than Ian Murray imo

I bloody hope so!

I notice this: MacPherson said: 'He is just a kid, he is still learning the game'...he's 22 FFS. Is this peculiar to Scotland I wonder? OK, you're always learning the game, (same applies to anything as we all know), but kid at 22?

I don't think he can really be considered a journeyman at the ripe old age of 22.

I think most managers consider players to still be learning at that age simply becuase most players don't reach their peak until they hit their mid twenties.

Seeing people questioning what the guy can offer us when they have seen very little of him and he hasn't even played a game yet really disapoints me. People not backing the guy from the word go will probably make him more likely to not make it as a Rangers player.

Some people can't grasp the fact that we need to build a squad who can compete in 4 competitions each year. There is no garuntee that Broadfoot will command a first team spot every week, but he is a reliable defender who can come in an do a job. Yes we already have players that can do that but at least Broadfoot knows the SPL inside out and will as a Scottish lad know what it means to be a Rangers player.

I trust Walters judgement. Broadfoot's an under 21 international so the chances are that Walter has seen him play many times when he was at the SFA. I am certainly not going to judge the boy until I have seen him play and I think more Bears should take that approach.